Dee Milliner benched

joewilly12

But what i dont get, Tom...is why wasn't half the wide receiving corps benched? Why hasnt he ever pulled sanchez in the past and benched him? It seems he got beef with Milliner more for whatever reason.  Well I know the reason actually, its bc Idzik traded away his cornerback and gave him Milliner in his place

false.

We have corners that can play. You bench the WRs and who do u get on the field?

heck with kerley out i dont even know if we had anyone left on the roster

But what i dont get, Tom...is why wasn't half the wide receiving corps benched? Why hasnt he ever pulled sanchez in the past and benched him? It seems he got beef with Milliner more for whatever reason.  Well I know the reason actually, its bc Idzik traded away his cornerback and gave him Milliner in his place

Because Rex is primarily concerned with the D.  If you make him look bad on D, you sit.  On O, who cares?

look it up. Its a known fact that saban doesnt want them to.

He can backpedel obviously but wasnt taught it so there is some time needed.

Corner is normally a slow developing position for first year players so i wouldnt be suprised if he isnt to great this year.

Ok, I'm not going to argue anymore. If he couldnt backpedal (which is rediculous), he shouldnt have been a top 10 pick.

Furthermore, its not a slow developing position. He was picked in the top 10. If you are a CB picked in the top 10, you should have an immediate impact. All this is adding up to is that once again the Jets got screwed when the Rams traded up for Austin. Then they had no idea what to do and picked the highest rated guy in their pro football preview draft magazine.

look it up. Its a known fact that saban doesnt want them to.

He can backpedel obviously but wasnt taught it so there is some time needed.

Corner is normally a slow developing position for first year players so i wouldnt be suprised if he isnt to great this year.

We do too backpedal,” Saban said. “They’re taught to backpedal. They all can backpedal. If you come to practice every day, they backpedal in individual, they backpedal sometimes when they’re playing. We play our corners up on people a lot so sometimes they bail off, sometimes they play bump and run, sometimes they get off and backpedal.

http://blogs.tennesseevalleynow.com/bamablog/2012/09/17/saban-disputes-kirkpatricks-statement-about-backpedaling/

Two points on this.

1) It looks like the two worst scouting departments got jobbed in consecutive drafts by drafting corners from Alabama (Bengals and Jets).

2) You really do not understand the CB position if you think there is a long transition to the NFL.

You lost me with this one

The post I quoted had one of those moments of cartoonish exaggeration that I've come to expect after a loss. It reminded me that the NFL takes us men fan on an emotional roller coaster ride during the season, just like our favorite soaps. It was so solemn and serious about such a nonsense statement - Rex Ryan not caring about the offense. 

The post I quoted had one of those moments of cartoonish exaggeration that I've come to expect after a loss. It reminded me that the NFL takes us men fan on an emotional roller coaster ride during the season, just like our favorite soaps. It was so solemn and serious about such a nonsense statement - Rex Ryan not caring about the offense. 

Lol. Hey man, don't say that too loud. The drama keeps this place in business.

JetNation will live forever! 

You make a good point btw. I'll try and take the other POV from my earlier reply. Maybe Rex just didn't have any more receivers to even play. It's obvious how horrible it was last night, but in the Milliner case he could put that other kid in. In Gates and Hill's case.....(fill in the blank?). Which sucks

Put Milliner at safety and I bet he a beast! He actually has the body type to fit a safety and since his man to man cover skills are weak he may adapt better. Obviusly now would be a bit premature to do something like that but maybe that would be an option before we called him a bust in the future

acid flashback to Lowery. Might be a solution if he's still really struggling NEXT yr. worked for Antrell Rolle. And Lowery...

We do too backpedal,” Saban said. “They’re taught to backpedal. They all can backpedal. If you come to practice every day, they backpedal in individual, they backpedal sometimes when they’re playing. We play our corners up on people a lot so sometimes they bail off, sometimes they play bump and run, sometimes they get off and backpedal.

http://blogs.tennesseevalleynow.com/bamablog/2012/09/17/saban-disputes-kirkpatricks-statement-about-backpedaling/

Two points on this.

1) It looks like the two worst scouting departments got jobbed in consecutive drafts by drafting corners from Alabama (Bengals and Jets).

2) You really do not understand the CB position if you think there is a long transition to the NFL.

saban says they are taught to backpedal

If you watched any college football ud realize they do not backpedal in the games but you saying milliner cant cover shows me u didnt.

whose a good rookie cb? and austin doesnt look like anything special

case in point =  Lots of nfl scouts > guy on a message board

Really?  You're gonna talk ancient history now?  Tannenbaum is gone.  Through 2 weeks it already looks like Idzik made a great call on at least 2 of his first 3 picks (Richardson and Geno).  Few teams get a starting-caliber QB in round 2 or later.  For every Geno there's a lot of Jimmy Clausen's and Kellen Clemens'.

Lets stop with the Geno kool aid.  He's looked as good as Sanchez. And that's not a good thing.    He was ok in game 1. Nothing awe inspiring to say he is a great pick. He had 3 INTs in game two.  When Petyon or Eli or Drew Brees or any other Pro Bowl QB has a 3 INT game, but also throws 3 TDS  people don't praise how they had a great game. 3 Picks is 3 picks no matter how you slice it. Making excuses is just drinking to much kool aid.   Geno had some ok moments last night, but overall, he had a bad game.  

And teams have more than 3 picks plus free agents.  The goal of this season is to build for the future. Get enough free agents and draft picks who are good enough to make a difference.   So far the free agent signings aren't really panning out as that good.   And Geno is a work in progress.   He's young and has a long way to go.  But saying he's a good pick is the same as saying he's a terrible pick.  He hasn't really proven he's good or bad at this point.

saban says they are taught to backpedal

If you watched any college football ud realize they do not backpedal in the games but you saying milliner cant cover shows me u didnt.

whose a good rookie cb? and austin doesnt look like anything special

case in point =  Lots of nfl scouts > guy on a message board

You said that Saban doesnt teach them to backpedal. Now you are saying that Alabama CB's don't backpedal in games? lol Ridiculous. I'm starting to now think you work for the Jets scouting department.

You want me to name a good rookie CB from this years draft or any draft? Did you watch Dallas at all last season? Have you ever heard of Patrick Peterson?

Archived