When was the last time you saw

DRJETS

I enjoyed seeing a ball get thrown deep. Its nice to see. But lets not get carried away. Dude is sanchez 2.0 with the turnovers. 

I also thought so.  When Smith was drafted I groaned and said "Great, a Mark Sanchez clone".  Have to admit, the kid can throw the ball upfield.  If he can continue that, it will dramatically change the Jets offensive scoring capability.   Rookies QB's turn the ball over.  Just a fact.

Maybe it's the new OC or QB coach (Sanchez had bums) but Smith looks like he has some real upside.  Your right though, he has to cut the bone headed mistakes out for the Jets to really compete.

Teams won't be able to put 8-9 guys in the box anymore if there is a real possibility it can get thrown 50 yards up field.  We saw some of that in the second half of the Bills game.

They became frightened of the long ball  , and suddenly the Jets could run

I also thought so.  When Smith was drafted I groaned and said "Great, a Mark Sanchez clone".  Have to admit, the kid can throw the ball upfield.  If he can continue that, it will dramatically change the Jets offensive scoring capability.   Rookies QB's turn the ball over.  Just a fact.

Maybe it's the new OC or QB coach (Sanchez had bums) but Smith looks like he has some real upside.  Your right though, he has to cut the bone headed mistakes out for the Jets to really compete.

Teams won't be able to put 8-9 guys in the box anymore if there is a real possibility it can get thrown 50 yards up field.  We saw some of that in the second half of the Bills game.

They became frightened of the long ball  , and suddenly the Jets could run

I am with you. Its nice to see that Mark is done here. He can't throw the long ball. No thanks. We don't need to go back to that. 

Hanging in and throwing a TD pass when you know you are about to get smacked down hard is unteachable and something Snacho never did.

Sanchez is dumb, and sucks as a football player. But you can't say he hasn't been tough and durable. Vlad would have been arrested for homicide if he was playing somewhere else. 

Yes it's bad but it does not have any bearing on how good that rookie can become.  When your leading the league in turnovers after 3-4 years sorta suggest a change of scenery or occupation.

I never said it did. I wanted to draft him, and am hopeful. My one and only point is, he turns it over too much. Period.

Sanchez is dumb, and sucks as a football player. But you can't say he hasn't been tough and durable. Vlad would have been arrested for homicide if he was playing somewhere else. 

Didnt say Snacho wasnt tough or durable just saying Smith hung in, took the hit and delivered a TD pass. I dont remember MS doing that.

BTW if you are an NFL QB, you really dont want tough and durable as your signature attributes.

I know Smith has tons to prove. Time will tell.

Even in spite of Geno's turnovers, you can just tell from a mere eye test that he looks better than Sanchez. His throws are more precise, especially his deep throws, he has much better pocket awareness, can make plays with his legs, and has a short memory (It seems that when he made a mistake, he went right back out there as if it didn't happen and that's a good sign to me). And one last thing, Geno isn't afraid to throw it where he wants to, even if it's risky. I haven't seen Geno rely much on check down receivers much at all this season, he will air it out at will.

Its easier to stomach when he's actually able to move the chains and progress the ball.

Mark's biggest problem wasnt just the turnovers, it was the fact they were sprinkled in with a game full of 3 and outs.

Oh yeah, definitely. He is a huge improvement over Mark in all aspects. Again, I just hope for a little better turnover ratio. 

And not seeing complete moronic plays like Mark made, its priceless. No more ulcers, baaaaaby.

I enjoyed seeing a ball get thrown deep. Its nice to see. But lets not get carried away. Dude is sanchez 2.0 with the turnovers. 

Luck had like 27 TO last year.  Peyton had 28 INT in his rookie season and the list go on with rookie QB.  The great one figure out after a while.  I believe Geno will in due time.  He was incredible in college against tough competition in the big 12.  His stats were unbelievable, over 4,000 yards, 70% completion 42 TD and only 6 INT.  When he figures out with his arm, like I said before the sky is the limit. 

Didnt say Snacho wasnt tough or durable just saying Smith hung in, took the hit and delivered a TD pass. I dont remember MS doing that.

BTW if you are an NFL QB, you really dont want tough and durable as your signature attributes.

I know Smith has tons to prove. Time will tell.

You said he didn't stick in the pocket and take a hit to try and deliver a ball. Mark sure as hell has. Plenty. He just sucks, has no accuracy, and is incapable of making throws. 

BTW, tough and durable are fantastic attributes of a QB.. or any football player. Having those attributes doesn't mean one must rely on them. But every QB takes a blindside shot from time to time. Not durable.. that charmin soft poosay from St. Lou, and Aaron the concussion machine Rodgers. 

Oh yeah, definitely. He is a huge improvement over Mark in all aspects. Again, I just hope for a little better turnover ratio. 

And not seeing complete moronic plays like Mark made, its priceless. No more ulcers, baaaaaby.

Isnt it great watching Football without Sanchez behind center?  That alone makes me excited for Sunday whereas the last 2 years, I dreaded what would happen all week long.

That said, I still cringe like when I see him and his hairband on the sidelines "mentoring" Geno.  I'm so afraid he'll get teh suck by osmosis alone. 

Isnt it great watching Football without Sanchez behind center?  That alone makes me excited for Sunday whereas the last 2 years, I dreaded what would happen all week long.

That said, I still cringe like when I see him and his hairband on the sidelines "mentoring" Geno.  I'm so afraid he'll get teh suck by osmosis alone. 

It really makes Sundays so much better. I had a moron at my place and when I said I was so glad to not see Mark's wobbly thrown pick 6's anymore, he tried to tell me "Peyton throws wobblers too". I just told him to get out.

hahahaha! Me too! I can't believe they let a turd even talk to a young, impressionable quarterback that may be our future franchise QB.

Much as mark was terrible as a QB- I never knocked him for not taking hits and punishment back there.

JMO  but I think the real problem with Smith RIGHT NOW, not for ever (hopefully) is that he hasn't played under center.  he has almost no play action.  That was a major plus for Sanchez, and where most of his few long gainers came from.

If Smith can get more efficient in a play action play.  This team could get scary in a hurry.  Keep in mind that I have been very harsh on Smith. 

I can easily see Marty, on a 3rd and inches at the Jets 35,  letting  Smith chuck it 50 yards upfield to Hill.  The play action is the key

You said he didn't stick in the pocket and take a hit to try and deliver a ball. Mark sure as hell has. Plenty. He just sucks, has no accuracy, and is incapable of making throws. 

BTW, tough and durable are fantastic attributes of a QB.. or any football player. Having those attributes doesn't mean one must rely on them. But every QB takes a blindside shot from time to time. Not durable.. that charmin soft poosay from St. Lou, and Aaron the concussion machine Rodgers. 

Here is my post....

"Hanging in and throwing a TD pass when you know you are about to get smacked down hard is unteachable and something Snacho never did."

"BTW if you are an NFL QB, you really dont want tough and durable as your signature attributes."

I know MS could hang in take the hit  but when doing so he would fumble or throw int. or inc. pass  instead of a TD pass.    

If you are an NFL QB would you want to be known first as laser armed, deadly acurate, leader, winner etc...........or known first as tough and durable. Tough and durable is a backhanded  compliment kinda like sayin the not so good looking girl has a great personality. 

Understand what I mean now????

Not really. Rookie blah blah blah. 6 turnovers in 3 games is bad. 

It also depends on the coach.  I love the way Marty had given Geno green light as oppose to EJ Manuel with Hackett.  I don't think you develop a rookie QB instructing to dink and dunk almost every single time.  That mentality affects the mind of a rookie QB.  Every time I saw EJ Manuel throws the ball to an intermediate receiver he aim for the stand afraid of making a mistake not giving his receivers a chance.  In the first game, Geno won the game throwing the ball.  In the second game there were so many drops that by the 4th quarter he started forcing the ball.  In the last game the last bomb to Holmes won the game.  The number on Geno goes like this one bad and two good.  I take that ratio with any rookie.

Here is my post....

"Hanging in and throwing a TD pass when you know you are about to get smacked down hard is unteachable and something Snacho never did."

"BTW if you are an NFL QB, you really dont want tough and durable as your signature attributes."

I know MS could hang in take the hit  but when doing so he would fumble or throw int. or inc. pass  instead of a TD pass.  

If you are an NFL QB would you want to be known first as laser armed, deadly acurate, leader, winner etc...........or known first as tough and durable. Tough and durable is a backhanded  compliment kinda like sayin the not so good looking girl has a great personality. 

Understand what I mean now????

lol. So your point is throwing a TD? OK. Then the rest of your sentence was moot, as he rarely did that.

You should clarified then. 

I like Geno and I'm happy with the production so far.  He seems to lock on a WR and if it seems that way on TV it is probably worse in person - or not, but his head seems to be where he is throwing from the snap.  He seems to be getting suckered. That is a common rookie mistake and is often correctable.  It's not always though, so it's no sure thing.  Does anybody doubt that a Rex run D would complete crush him?

Hanging in and throwing a TD pass when you know you are about to get smacked down hard is unteachable and something Snacho never did.

Bash Sanchez all you want, but that kid is tough, he took a lot of beatings, and always got up, not defending his skills (lack there of) while taking the beating, he still sucks, he just wasn't a pussy.

Archived