Playcalling

jay_psg

After watching Steelers game, I believe Marty M and Rex should go to the more aggressive style of play calling. Get rid of the wild cat and read-option plays. They are turning out to be very unproductive unless you run any kind of gimmick play out of those.

Get the ball down the field, some how, some way get a LEAD. Then win the 'Time of Possession' game. Put Brady under pressure. Thats the only way to beat patriots. Remember the 2 times we beat them in Rex's tenure he had a lead early.

We need to win the time of possession game but we need 1st downs for that and a whole bunch of them. Without the passing game i dont see how you can run effectively.

We all saw what happened when they opened it up late against PIT. THat justified the conservative game plan. the proof was in the pudding.

right now the Jets don't have enough quality at key positions to beat good teams. they can open it up against bad teams. they are a spoiler not a contender this season. 

After watching Steelers game, I believe Marty M and Rex should go to the more aggressive style of play calling. Get rid of the wild cat and read-option plays. They are turning out to be very unproductive unless you run any kind of gimmick play out of those.

Get the ball down the field, some how, some way get a LEAD. Then win the 'Time of Possession' game. Put Brady under pressure. Thats the only way to beat patriots. Remember the 2 times we beat them in Rex's tenure he had a lead early.

We need to win the time of possession game but we need 1st downs for that and a whole bunch of them. Without the passing game i dont see how you can run effectively.

You want to win time of possession by passing more with a rookie QB? ok next..

Steelers beat our receivers up at the line and we didnt utilize Cumberland enough.

Geno will deliver the ball down the field- our guys just struggled to get off the line Sunday and it's been a problem against physical secondaries.

dude he delivered it to triple coverage trying to go to reuland. the whole steelers secondary was in that corner of the field.

dude he delivered it to triple coverage trying to go to reuland. the whole steelers secondary was in that corner of the field.

I see you enjoy the Francesa tactic of illustrating one play as if its a indication of the entire game. The WR's couldnt get off the line. They couldnt against New England or Tennessee either. 

Not absolving Geno, but he's looked a lot better when or receivers are given cushion. Both the Bills and Falcons secondary stunk.

God Jets fans are fickle idiots some times. Geno threw two picks. He also made a ton of good to great throws and some mediocre ones. He's learning. He was put in a bad spot by trying to protect him and not allowing him to get into the rhythm of the game. And the defense once again sucked balls getting shredded on long drives putting additional pressure on our offense to score. Seriously people expect Geno to be perfect and when he makes mistake you guys start spouting nonsense about taking the game out of his hand and relying on Rex's very very overrated defense. Not the right long term approach. Let him "throw without conscience" and develop into the dynamic QB he can be

We all saw what happened when they opened it up late against PIT. THat justified the conservative game plan. the proof was in the pudding.

right now the Jets don't have enough quality at key positions to beat good teams. they can open it up against bad teams. they are a spoiler not a contender this season. 

it's mind boggling how you give a guy like Dslob his entire career to turn it around, and write off Geno in the preseason. 

You're a strange bird

I agree with all of this.

Theoretically, attacking the Steelers old defense is a great idea.... except you have to have the players to do it, otherwise you make old, slow guys look young again. See: Plamaramooo, Troy

it's mind boggling how you give a guy like Dslob his entire career to turn it around, and write off Geno in the preseason. 

You're a strange bird

I believe he's referring to the off-the-street receivers and tight ends we have on our roster as starters.

LOL, but I saw the chargers win time of possession with passing last night so it must be true!

It could methodically be done I suppose...with screens and dumps. But this cat wants to open it up and attack down field all while managing the game clock...with this offense. He's unfortunately exposed himself as a communist, clearly.  

It could methodically be done I suppose...with screens and dumps. But this cat wants to open it up and attack down field all while managing the game clock...with this offense. He's unfortunately exposed himself as a communist, clearly.  

Funny, I've been calling my dog a communist all morning - it doesn't even make sense why, it's just something that I woke up doing. Weird coincidence you using that wisecrack. LOL :)

Funny, I've been calling my dog a communist all morning - it doesn't even make sense why, it's just something that I woke up doing. Weird coincidence you using that wisecrack. LOL :)

It's a good universal insult that still manages to hit below the belt without insulting anyone of real importance. 

I'm stunned that you entertain yourself by insulting your dog. Just absolutely stunned.

There's inconsistency in the playcalling, IMO. Some weeks they want to go downfield, the next week they want to run screens all day. Not the way to develop a young quarterback, IMO. You're going to get the mistakes anyway, may as well let Geno make the mistakes while trying to score TDs.

There's inconsistency in the playcalling, IMO. Some weeks they want to go downfield, the next week they want to run screens all day. Not the way to develop a young quarterback, IMO. You're going to get the mistakes anyway, may as well let Geno make the mistakes while trying to score TDs.

isn't that a good thing? we don't want to do the samr thing every time. we should be exploiting the defenses weaknesses and take what they give us.

The endzone int Geno was trying to throw it out of bounds(allegedly).

I think he's looked fairly consistent game to game. Everyone overrated the Atlanta game because or sh*tty receivers were allowed to get open. Against the Steelers, they didn't. Hill got free on a play action, expected run, and Geno overthrew him. I don't see much else we could have done differently...if you can't beat man press the defense better be killing it. Our defense had a bend but don't break type of game.

The offense looks competent. We just don't hve the players yet, especially with Holmes out. Cumberlands the only mismatch.Last year was just a mangled mess with zero direction.

I disagree and think this post in stupid. You should take it back. 

The endzone int Geno was trying to throw it out of bounds(allegedly).

I think he's looked fairly consistent game to game. Everyone overrated the Atlanta game because or sh*tty receivers were allowed to get open. Against the Steelers, they didn't. Hill got free on a play action, expected run, and Geno overthrew him. I don't see much else we could have done differently...if you can't beat man press the defense better be killing it. Our defense had a bend but don't break type of game.

The offense looks competent. We just don't hve the players yet, especially with Holmes out. Cumberlands the only mismatch.Last year was just a mangled mess with zero direction.

Geno looks best when he's running his old West Virginia-y offense and looks like crap when they try to make him Phil Simms. IMO, put him in the shotgun, let him run the team, don't worry about some delusional playoff run, and eat the losses.

It was a poor throw where he misread Clark coming over from halfway across the field; he stated that it was a ball he intended to throw away/at worst be an incompletion, but it sailed in a yard or two in from the sideline and the guy made a play. You can't be so shortsighted and say oh he just chucked it up into triple coverage and not look at how the play developed and what he was planning to do with the ball.

It's a good universal insult that still manages to hit below the belt without insulting anyone of real importance. 

And it's so absurd/corny, it can hardly be taken seriously. It's almost a default tongue-in-cheek insult. My late father-in-law, all six-foot-six 300+ pounds of him leered down at me when we first met, asked me if I preferred Coke or Pepsi (Coke has been sold in the family restaurant for 80+ years) and I replied Pepsi with a sh*t-eating grin on my face. 

He nodded slowly, looked away from me at my wife, then my girlfriend obviously... and simply said, "must be communist".

He paused, then cracked up about 45 seconds after the awkwardness. He was a funny guy. :)

Geno looks best when he's running his old West Virginia-y offense and looks like crap when they try to make him Phil Simms. IMO, put him in the shotgun, let him run the team, don't worry about some delusional playoff run, and eat the losses.

He delivers the nicest ball down the field we've had since Vinny. We need to get him players.

Look at Tavon now....St Louis basically benched him Sunday. The screen pass and make 50 guys miss play doesnt work in the NFL.

I'm stunned that you entertain yourself by insulting your dog. Just absolutely stunned.

Okay, I'll play... and explain. 

Best of Will Ferrell SNL - sketch is called "Dissing your dog". I was doing a bit of that to make my wife smile, while my dog was licking my face after devouring the home-cooked meal I made her this morning. 

Boiled chicken and veggies, grain free - she's been a bit anxious since we brought the baby home, and the food change has helped with her energy level and such.

It was a poor throw where he misread Clark coming over from halfway across the field; he stated that it was a ball he intended to throw away/at worst be an incompletion, but it sailed in a yard or two in from the sideline and the guy made a play. You can't be so shortsighted and say oh he just chucked it up into triple coverage and not look at how the play developed and what he was planning to do with the ball.

so just to summarize, he tried to throw it out of bounds, but didn't make it out of bounds. This is the reason for hope? how hard is it to throw a ball out of bounds. We know he can do it, cause he did it a bunch that game. Excuses, excuses. 

so just to summarize, he tried to throw it out of bounds, but didn't make it out of bounds. This is the reason for hope? how hard is it to throw a ball out of bounds. We know he can do it, cause he did it a bunch that game. Excuses, excuses. 

Why do you continue to blame everything on one player? 

Receivers cant get open.....no running game...who cares, blame Geno.

Archived