Would you do it?

Green Jets & Ham

Max and SS. Tell me, which team has won 3 of the last 4 superbowls, and who was their left tackle? No, wait, even better, name a single probowler on the patriots Oline. You do not need a great Oline to win. Olines arent built with top 5 draft picks.

SS. Would you say our 2004 Oline was "pretty good". Wll that Oline I put toegether that you mocked of course, well its a better Oline than the 2004 version that led Curtis Martin to the rushing title and the team to the hairs of the AFC Champ game.

You talk alotta Sh#t for somebody that never says anything creative or smart.

I could say the same about you. Just because you use alot of filler, you say the same thing, over and over.

The 2004 offensive line... the one that faded, at the end of the season, right? It was better than the Lions line, but that doesn't take much.

Mind you, I never said that the Jets should draft a mammoth OT with the first pick. I said that they should draft the BAP, and it won't be Reggie Bush, because he'll be long gone by the time the Jets pick.

The Jets aren't building a fantasy team. They're trying to build a football team. And, to do that, you need more than one part. The Jets aren't Reggie Bush away from anything, except another losing season. Tx is right, you don't need Pro Bowlers all over your offensive line. You also don't need expensive free agents on your line either. You need cohesion. Right now, the Jets don't have that on their offensive line, or their offense. Or their defense, for that matter. Trading up for Bush is not an option.

Exactly.

Which is why LeCharles Bentley should be the Jets #1 target in free agency.

Getting Mawae back, as bit has said, immediately improves this Oline. Adding Bentley, who is a great player with a mean streak, at left guard. We would have a very good interior Oline. Adrian Jones will only get better, not to mention he's already much better than Fabini was. Right tackle is up in the air, but this draft is loaded with solid tackles, hope you can steal 1 in rd 3, or you go with Cavka/Morley and address it next year should they not pan out.

The jonathan goodwins and the scott graggs of the world can make any previously good Oline look like a bunch of turnstiles.

Way to contradict yourself. You talk about how Goodwin and Gragg are terrible, while at the same time suggesting that we start Cavka or Morely at right tackle. I agree on Bentley, hell I agree with you on a lot of free agents. I would love to see Bentley and Grady Jackson in green and white, but how can a team that's $30 million over the cap make a big free agency splash? This team needs an infusion of youth, a la 2004. Trading away draft picks is not the way to do it. If the Jets end up 2nd or 3rd in the draft, there are so many options they can select from to make the team better. They can stand pat and get Jay Cutler; they could stand pat and draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson; or they could trade down and accumulate even more picks. Under that scenario, we could fix the offensive line, draft a Williams or Maroney, pick a quarterback of the future, and draft a defensive tackle that hopefully doesn't suck as bad as Pouha, ALL ON DAY ONE. OR, we could trade up and get Reggie Bush.

Forgive me for thinking scenario A is better. :roll:

No. The Jets need that franchise LT more than they need a franchise RB. For as great as Reggie Bush could be there have been many other great backs that never sniffed the super bowl. You need an entire team to get to the big game and without quality OL this team can't even keep it's QB healthy, let alone open holes for the RB.

POTW NOM!!

Way to contradict yourself. You talk about how Goodwin and Gragg are terrible, while at the same time suggesting that we start Cavka or Morely at right tackle. I agree on Bentley, hell I agree with you on a lot of free agents. I would love to see Bentley and Grady Jackson in green and white, but how can a team that's $30 million over the cap make a big free agency splash? This team needs an infusion of youth, a la 2004. Trading away draft picks is not the way to do it. If the Jets end up 2nd or 3rd in the draft, there are so many options they can select from to make the team better. They can stand pat and get Jay Cutler; they could stand pat and draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson; or they could trade down and accumulate even more picks. Under that scenario, we could fix the offensive line, draft a Williams or Maroney, pick a quarterback of the future, and draft a defensive tackle that hopefully doesn't suck as bad as Pouha, ALL ON DAY ONE. OR, we could trade up and get Reggie Bush.

Forgive me for thinking scenario A is better. :roll:

Damn Troll... step back! You've beaten him down! He's bloody!

By the way, I'm in total agreement with Troll on this. Well said.

Difference is, troll.

Gragg is washed up and old and sucks.

Goodwin just plain sucks, no upside.

Cavka actually showed some good things in preseason.

And the Jets like Morley so much they signed him to a 2 year extension, so he will not be cut. That is why I had him and Cavka battling for the right tackle spot, possibly along with a draft pick.

I believe it is a no-brainer (which is a perfect Bradway-type decision) to trade down and try to make this team better by solidifying both lines. It really comes down to being tough on both sides of the ball at the end of the day, doesn't it?

We can get by with a healthy Martin or maybe even Houston and Blaylock next season if we improve the Oline and give the QB a speedy WR that can truly open up the passing game. I'm no Mel Kiper, so I don't know what is going to be available this season at WR, but that needs to get done. When you have assistant coaches begging for certain tools that they need to win, that tells you something.

it's not just DBrick those second and third round picks have serious value. The Jets need a speed WR, a 300+ NT, a starting tackle, a Mawae replacement to groom, depth at QB, another cornerback - they aren't going to fill all those needs by trading up for Reggie Bush.

Bit

You're also not going to be able land all that in one draft...The draft is a vehicle for building your teams core players

The rest can be filled with the Free agaents of the world

I'd call Bush a building block.....we should also be able to recoup our 1st by trading Abe

1a. Bush

1b. Tackle of choice

We dont have to fill all our holes in 1 offseason.

Reggie Bush will be the next Tomlinson, probably even better.

2003 LaDanian Tomlinson had his best season:

1645 rushing yards, in only 313 carries (5.3 ypc)

13 rushing TD's

100 receptions (most in NFL history by a HB)

725 receiving yards

4 receiving TD's

Total:

2370 combined yds (2nd most in NFL history)

17 touchdowns

2003 SD Chargers record: 4-12

This isn't basketball or hockey. You can't just draft Air Jordan or Super Mario and start counting your championships.

id give them a 2 next year or a 3 and 4 this year, how bout when franchise abe and trade him with the 1 for there 1 and 2? there 2 is like a late first rounder...

LOL, you won't get more than a 3rd rounder for Abe. As for this thread, This trade would kill the Jets also. I would wait to see if Bush falls to #2. If he doesn't, trade back and get more picks if possible. If no one wants to trade up, D'Brick it is.

Matt Light.

You are half right and half wrong.

You are correct that you do not need "Pro Bowl" Olinemen to win the Super Bowl. What you do need however, is an extremely cohesive OLine that does not have one weak link.

Reggie Bush will not make the Jets a winner. They might sell more jersey's, but he will not help them win.

I'll laugh my a** off if the Jets go after Bush and completely neglect the OLine.

OL can be built thru draft or Free agency,, but main point is TIME,,,

so take Bush and build a line over 2 - 3 years,, this team aint winnin in 2 yeras anyways,,

the main thing about OLs is playin together,, whether high picks or lower picks and free agents,,its time together,,,

and guess what Jet fans,, with this turd of a coach and crapass team , we have some time before we win more than 10 games...so take the stud,, we have time to build a OL...

LOL, you won't get more than a 3rd rounder for Abe. As for this thread, This trade would kill the Jets also. I would wait to see if Bush falls to #2. If he doesn't, trade back and get more picks if possible. If no one wants to trade up, D'Brick it is.

SJ gets it.. he knows the big picture

One more thing, I hire Dante S from Pukes to rebuild

our OL, I make him Assistant HC and fire Ray Barone

Our OL is putrid and Barone is part of cause

$ talks texs, Make him an offer he can't refuse

pats are paying him squat for what he does

assmop, I agree that money talks, however, I'm pretty sure the Pats extended Dante's contract just last year.

Not too sure the length of the contract, but he's not going anywhere for at least the next two years. :wink:

assmop, I agree that money talks, however, I'm pretty sure the Pats extended Dante's contract just last year.

Not too sure the length of the contract, but he's not going anywhere for at least the next two years. :wink:

u can leave anytime if promotion,,,

is he currently assitant HC?

Quick question..which of the following have Super Bowl rings?

Tomlinson

Holmes

Alexander

James

oh wait he is going to be better than all of them

quicker question,,,

which of those four teams would you have Jets trade places with ? ya thats right , ALL FOUR

I'm late to this thread, but I want to say ditto to every OL post.

Arguments for Bush that say: "Take him because we aren't winning for 2 years anyway" are hosed. I think with a top OL, we're back. Instantly.

Ok. But what is your plan for building a top OL in 1 offseason?

We cant spend all our money on Olineman. We need to fill holes at more important positions.

And I don

I'm late to this thread, but I want to say ditto to every OL post.

Arguments for Bush that say: "Take him because we aren't winning for 2 years anyway" are hosed. I think with a top OL, we're back. Instantly.

u on drugs,, with a ol or rb we are still at least 2 years away...

easier to build a ol than get a stud rb,, when u have a once in 20 yeras chance as franchise to get a pure star u do it

I have no doubt that if the Jets do draft Reggie Bush, that 2 years into his 4 year contract he'll want a knew contract ala Keyshawn/Uh-Oh (T.O.)

And the hits just keep on comin'.

so you know Reggie Bush?

Keyshawn didn't demand anything either..

Us jets fans are so used to losing that we are afraid of talented players!!

The Jets NEED playmakers..Reggie Bush is a playmaker..go get him and get a QB Tto.

Archived