Blow this thing up already

MexiRoll6

Geno Smth has taken so many steps backward the Jets have no faith in him anymore. Rex simply is one of the WORST HC's in the NFL and Mornhinweg has met his match in Rex as far as getting any kind of help. Should have started Simms in second half. Jets need a QB and maybe can sign Cutler or Rivers - both are FA's I believe. We cannot wait to get lucky in the draft and go with yet another rookie QB next season. I don't think Geno is the answer. In week 12 he should be showing what he has learned NOT how much he still has to learn. Stares down recievers so badly he draws defenders to his targets. SUCKOID. Idzik just take a stick of dynamite and blow it all up because IT SUCKS.

Lets face it, somewhere out of site in the Jets offices is a wry smiling GM named Idzik. Yes Geno's his pick, but there is no doubt that he wants to fire REX, and end this charade where he was supposed to work with someone elses coach. These past few games are trending just the way we finsihed the last 2 years, total debacles, and this should be more than enough ammo for Idzik to get Rid of REX and hire his "own" guy.

In his own mind, he can blame REX for ruining any of the picks he gave him, and also that REX lacks the ability develop any offensiive plan and offensive players. Yes, he's probably a little bummed that they are so pitiful, but then he lights up with the thought of sending REX packing come Black monday.

We would have two more wins, minimum, too. Sad when you wish our QB was only bad instead of atrocious. But here we are.

I don't think there is any such thing in this world as an absolute win Sanchez would have QB'd a team to. Ridiculous to assume that literally every game we won with Smith still would have been won with Sanchez PLUS two more. As bad as Smith's passing has been - particularly of late - he's gotten out of a lot of pass-rushing pressure where Sanchez gets dropped (while his apologists would whine that a healthy Michael Vick couldn't have gotten out of the way there).

Sanchez is as bad as they come. The guy can't even reliably handle a snap without it being an adventure.

The only type of game one can safely assume we'd have won is a game we rushed for 200 yards AND the D was stout. And the truth is we've lost even with a LOT more than that with him.

I'm just saying it is convenient to say that at the time of Smith's mishaps - like the first NE game - that we'd have been in the same good situation with Sanchez. The reality is it is nothing more than wishful thinking that we'd even have been IN that game with Sanchez as we entered the 4th quarter, that Sanchez wouldn't have already spotted NE another 7-10 points.

I don't think there is any such thing in this world as an absolute win Sanchez would have QB'd a team to. Ridiculous to assume that literally every game we won with Smith still would have been won with Sanchez PLUS two more. As bad as Smith's passing has been - particularly of late - he's gotten out of a lot of pass-rushing pressure where Sanchez gets dropped (while his apologists would whine that a healthy Michael Vick couldn't have gotten out of the way there).

Sanchez is as bad as they come. The guy can't even reliably handle a snap without it being an adventure.

The only type of game one can safely assume we'd have won is a game we rushed for 200 yards AND the D was stout. And the truth is we've lost even with a LOT more than that with him.

I'm just saying it is convenient to say that at the time of Smith's mishaps - like the first NE game - that we'd have been in the same good situation with Sanchez. The reality is it is nothing more than wishful thinking that we'd even have been IN that game with Sanchez as we entered the 4th quarter, that Sanchez wouldn't have already spotted NE another 7-10 points.

C'mon Spermy.  Seriously.  Do you think Geno somehow outdueled Brady?  No.  You don't.  Because you know Sanchez beat the Pats too.  In the Playoffs, no less.  But it isn't about that.  Geno is just a worse QB.  We went from bad to worse.  Hard to argue against that no matter how eloquent an argument you make to the contrary.

They didn't go far enough with "blowing it up" they KEPT Rex. He should have been part of the 'blow up' along with Tannenbaum.

They did "blow it up" last winter/spring, When Woody had that state of the Jets press conference after last season he only HAD one guy to sit there with to answer questions: Rex Ryan, everybody else was either fired or left. The OC, DC, ST's coach, and the GM were all gone. He HAD to keep Rex, that won't be the case this winter though. I think Rex Ryan either takes the defensive coordinator slot and maybe accept the position as a co-head coach then I think her's gone.

I don't think there's ever been a situation like the one I'm suggesting but hey, this IS the Jets, so anything IS possible. 

Lets face it, somewhere out of site in the Jets offices is a wry smiling GM named Idzik. Yes Geno's his pick, but there is no doubt that he wants to fire REX, and end this charade where he was supposed to work with someone elses coach. These past few games are trending just the way we finsihed the last 2 years, total debacles, and this should be more than enough ammo for Idzik to get Rid of REX and hire his "own" guy.

In his own mind, he can blame REX for ruining any of the picks he gave him, and also that REX lacks the ability develop any offensiive plan and offensive players. Yes, he's probably a little bummed that they are so pitiful, but then he lights up with the thought of sending REX packing come Black monday.

As do I. Rex should have been purged with Tanny and most KNOWLEDGEABLE Jets fans know that. Rex cannot develop talent on offense because he knows sh@t about it. I think Marty is a competent OC, better than Sparano and Schotty, but a team needs a HC that has a good overall knowledge of everything and Rex is a glorified DC.

They did "blow it up" last winter/spring, When Woody had that state of the Jets press conference after last season he only HAD one guy to sit there with to answer questions: Rex Ryan, everybody else was either fired or left. The OC, DC, ST's coach, and the GM were all gone. He HAD to keep Rex, that won't be the case this winter though. I think Rex Ryan either takes the defensive coordinator slot and maybe accept the position as a co-head coach then I think her's gone.

I don't think there's ever been a situation like the one I'm suggesting but hey, this IS the Jets, so anything IS possible. 

HAD TO KEEP Rex????? That's just stupid reasoning, which is why I call Johnson a Turnip. He HAD to keep Rex as much as I HAVE to have that extra shot of whiskey. Ridiculous reasoning. Rex is NOT going to accept a demotion to DC or assistant HC, that is even more ridiculous.

As do I. Rex should have been purged with Tanny and most KNOWLEDGEABLE Jets fans know that. Rex cannot develop talent on offense because he knows sh@t about it. I think Marty is a competent OC, better than Sparano and Schotty, but a team needs a HC that has a good overall knowledge of everything and Rex is a glorified DC.

You have to blame Woody for that. Remember all the GM's who refused the job, because Woody was forcing Rex on them for at least 1 more year. Idzik was the only one willing to gut it out with Rex for a year, but IZZY is salivating now, probably working on his Rex speech as we speak, trying to decide on which one to use:

1. Rex, I'd like to say I am keeping you another year, I'd like to say that, but I cant as it would be a lie, YOUR FIRED.

2. Rex if you can spell the word offense, I will keep you on? Rex responds;" Huh, whats offense"

3. Rex, we had a great year together, you showed all the qualities to avoid in my next head coach hiring, good luck.

You have to blame Woody for that. Remember all the GM's who refused the job, because Woody was forcing Rex on them for at least 1 more year. Idzik was the only one willing to gut it out with Rex for a year, but IZZY is salivating now, probably working on his Rex speech as we speak, trying to decide on which one to use:

1. Rex, I'd like to say I am keeping you another year, I'd like to say that, but I cant as it would be a lie, YOUR FIRED.

2. Rex if you can spell the word offense, I will keep you on? Rex responds;" Huh, whats offense"

3. Rex, we had a great year together, you showed all the qualities to avoid in my next head coach hiring, good luck.

Idzik's moves have been just as incompetent as Tannenbaum's. You didn't really think that our moronic jackass of an owner could pick a good GM did you?

I will preface this by saying I am in no way giving up on this season. Its hard to be optimistic with what we have seen lately but their may be a silver lining.

With these past 2 losses and other teams winning, Right now, the Jets would be in the 10-12 draft range with many 4-7 teams lurking, and even Tampa is now 3-8.

I dont believe in "suck for Luck" or this years "lose steady for Teddy" but if the trend for the Jets continues, they may be in position to get one of the top 3 QB's  or just have to trade up a couple spots to maneuver to the right spot.

Right now, they surely could get AJ McCarron, Zach Mettenberg etc. but it would be nice to move up aand get Manziel or another top 3 guy.

We're already in a transition stage. We took a gamble on Geno since he fell into the second round and we needed a QB, but I don't think there's any committment to the kid with him being a second rounder. He'll likely get a chance to compete in camp next year but I would be shocked if Idzik doesn't look towards the draft or FA for the answer at QB. I don't think it's any secret how poorly Geno has been playing. Chances are good we have a new HC next year and they probably aren't going to want Geno at QB.

Archived