Would making the playoffs be bad for this team/organization?

CobraVerde

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather lose for the picks at this point

Me too. 

Honestly, the most enjoyable time of the for a Jets fan is the pre-draft and draft period where we are supposedly improving. Once they get on the field, it's usually by week 9 that you realize that all that "hopefulness" was really "foolishness" and then it become an exercise in Same Old Jets.

As we are seeing yet again this season. We got to the crucial point where beating very beatable teams would have locked us in as favorites for the #6 wildcard spot, and what do we do? Emphatic face plant into Brandon Moore's proverbial butt cheeks.

Just because very few good QBs have been under 6'0" doesn't mean that there's some correlation between height and the ability to play QB.

If a QB can make read and make good throws, I don't care if he's 4'11".

If there's been very few good QB's 6'0 and shorter and alot more good QB's 6'1 and taller I would say that you can make a correlation. It seems like the problem isnt simply ability to height, but the lack of ability to see over the larger linemen in front of them which would limit their physical ability. So you can have a 4'11 Joe Montana but it would mean nothing if he cant see down the field beyond the linemen. 

I will say that there seems to be a sweet spot with height as well because its not like we have alot of successful 6'7 QB's as well. with the 6'7 guys I think its the lankiness of their arm given their size. A QB between 6'2 and 6'5 seems to be the ideal height, anything shorter/taller than that seems to have problems on the pro level "for the most part"....yet another correlation. 

I dont totally disagree with you but it did not work too well for Carroll the first time around but now he is a god in Seattle. Iknow Saban's reputation, but I also know he is a great football mind, and with the right situation in the NFL, I think he would make an excellent coach. Is the Jet situation the right one for him? I dont know. I guess thats why Idzik gets paid the big bucks, to figure these things out.

i must say that seattle was not a good team till they got a good QB wich is the secret for  a head coach  if your QB sucks guess what you wont have a job for too long, unless you are rex! god imajine if we drafted  seattles QB,one can dream right  lol

i must say that seattle was not a good team till they got a good QB wich is the secret for  a head coach  if your QB sucks guess what you wont have a job for too long, unless you are rex! god imajine if we drafted  seattles QB,one can dream right  lol

I cant disagree with you, however, Seattle was a team on the rise and then added the perfect QB to the system. The Jets were also a team on the rise back in 09-10, and added a pathetic QB and then drafted another pathetic QB. Put a pathetic QB into REX's pathetic system (whatever that maybe) and you have this current disaster.

This year we have a great chance to do 2 things. Change this coaching staff, which in all indications is a windfall of ineptitude, and Draft a REAL QB. That with some wise drafting and use of FA, and maybe ,just maybe, next year we could score in double figures on a consistent basis which would be a huge step forward for this organization.

Lol you guys honestly can't tell me you believe that Geno was a better prospect then Manziel. Geno was considered to be a second rounder if he came out in this years draft, Manziel is considered a mid first round pick in this draft.

meh, I'm a self proclaimed draft whore/nerd. Not to say I have any clue what I'm talking about, only that I read a ton of draft sh*t as a pseudo hobby. Not sure if this is true. I'd say they'd probably be pretty close as prospects given timing whatnot. Different pros and cons but probably close status.

Saban is a college coach and a good one. Nothing more.

The thing is that lately being an elite college coach has been a pretty good thing to be if you want to be a top NFL HC. Carroll, Harbaugh, and Kelly are doing really well for themselves. All were NFL to college to NFL guys as well.

The thing is that lately being an elite college coach has been a pretty good thing to be if you want to be a top NFL HC. Carroll, Harbaugh, and Kelly are doing really well for themselves. All were NFL to college to NFL guys as well.

cant be a control freak in the NFL tho Schianos trying it and is likely getting fired after the year

cant be a control freak in the NFL tho Schianos trying it and is likely getting fired after the year

Things seemed to stabilize some once Freeman was shipped out. The article in SI the other week made it seem the mutiny was a bit exaggerated.

Sabah tried. Failed. Went back. He's got it cushy there. He's also a dbag. No thanks.

meh, I'm a self proclaimed draft whore/nerd. Not to say I have any clue what I'm talking about, only that I read a ton of draft sh*t as a pseudo hobby. Not sure if this is true. I'd say they'd probably be pretty close as prospects given timing whatnot. Different pros and cons but probably close status.

Yeah if your looking at Manziel's freshman year they'd be in the same round.

Hahaha Playoffs are you kidding me? They cant win a game right now. Fire Rex Ryan. Playoffs are out of the picture in my opinion.

John Idzik will have to make a coaching list to replace Rex Ryan. He should start interviewing coaches now so that a head coach can go in right away to fix this mess we call the new York J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets. Don't even ponder playoffs for this season because its already over for the jets.

See ya Rex! The Jets need change now & Fast

Hahaha Playoffs are you kidding me? They cant win a game right now. Fire Rex Ryan. Playoffs are out of the picture in my opinion.

John Idzik will have to make a coaching list to replace Rex Ryan. He should start interviewing coaches now so that a head coach can go in right away to fix this mess we call the new York J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets. Don't even ponder playoffs for this season because its already over for the jets.

See ya Rex! The Jets need change now & Fast

How pissed is this board going to be when Rex is kept on for another season?

Archived