u want to fire someone? FIRE IDZIK

Jetfan13

I guess armchair GMs/angry fans can do this for most teams.

I think we need to give him a year like I said and 2014 is fair game.

But I understand some folks want 16-0 and 7 perfect picks. Its human nature :)

I don't expect 16-0 and 7 home runs. I expect signs of improvement and contributions from more than one draft pick. We're getting the opposite. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were tons of players who signed for no money in FA who would've helped the Jets. Why do you have Dee Milliner and Walls instead of Brent Grimes? Why do we have Garrard instead of Josh McCown or Brian Hoyer? What about the genius move letting slausen walk? Remember Garay? Goodsen? His moves have been terrible across the board. 

Dont forget about Stephen Peterman. these are all Rex's fault. Did you know that it's the HC's job to make sure the GM doesn't sign bad players? 

Rex is in way over his head, and it seems like Idzik is too. No good GM candidate would take a job having to keep a crappy HC and wasting a year of his window, none. After Rex gets fired, when the team sucks again next year Idzik will be next as someone has to take the fall. Woody is such a moron for insisting the next GM keep Rex.

Rex is in way over his head, and it seems like Idzik is too. No good GM candidate would take a job having to keep a crappy HC and wasting a year of his window, none. After Rex gets fired, when the team sucks again next year Idzik will be next as someone has to take the fall. Woody is such a moron for insisting the next GM keep Rex.

Idzik had a free year and gets a blank slate. Pretty savvy when you think about it.

Idzik had a free year and gets a blank slate. Pretty savvy when you think about it.

We shall see. If the team sucks again next year after Rex is fired, everyone will want him fired as well. You don't get 5 years around  here unless you are Rex, who happened to get incredibly lucky early on and have some unlikely success. Idzik won't get the same cushion.

We shall see. If the team sucks again next year after Rex is fired, everyone will want him fired as well. You don't get 5 years around here unless you are Rex, who happened to get incredibly lucky early on and have some unlikely success. Idzik won't get the same cushion.

A GM gets five years, minimum. It's not an instant impact position usually.

He may also get to tell Woody "See I told you so!" if politely. Still a franchise that hasn't won dick in almost a half century wasted another year and the owner really is to blame for it. Thanks again, Woody!Getting born on 3rd base does not mean you hit a triple.

He may also get to tell Woody "See I told you so!" if politely. Still a franchise that hasn't won dick in almost a half century wasted another year and the owner really is to blame for it. Thanks again, Woody!Getting born on 3rd base does not mean you hit a triple.

Good point. Gives Idzik some leverage to send Woody to the Caymans during draft time.

With the power of hindsight, obviously I don't take Milliner.  Othwerwise, I do just about the same.  Maybe Richardson at 9 and Eifert at 11.  Regardless of how Geno Smith turns out, he was the right pick at the time.  The Jets needed a QB, and they got one who was widely considered the best prospect in the second round, without trading up.  It didn't work out, but it was a no-brainer pick.

It would have been nice to get a better veteran QB, but at the time you make that decision, you still had a healthy Sanchez, so it wasn't a must in a year that was all about clearing bad contracts.  It's also not like next season, you cant add any one of those QBs when Sanchez is gone.

Those who dislike Idzik are largely upset about this years performance on the field and are ignoring the overall strategy.  The strategy, as you know, was to clear the bad contracts and not take on any new ones.  What would Jason Campbell have done for us this year?  Maybe 2 more wins?  It certainly doesn't make us a contender.  Idzik is hitting the reset button that I've had in my signature for a long time now.  That strategy's one blemish is Milliner, who looks like a bust.  Otherwise, this team will have gotten rid of just about all the bad contracts before next year.  The only ones you'll have left are Mangold, D'Brick, and Harris, which you can live with as despite their issues, are still the top players on this team.  You'll also have 50M in cap space to rebuild or "reload" if you will.

We were seduced by a couple of gift wins, but in reality, the Jets came into the season as one of the leagues worst teams, and they're playing as such.  There's no amount of GM wizardry that was going to make us a contender, and certainly not any that was going to do so without further leveraging the future, as we've come so used to seeing.

stop making sense. I do agree with everything except possibly Milliner.  I did not want him but I am no draft guru.  And he is a late starter this year, missing the early important stuff.  Just think it is a little too early to declare him a bust at a tough position.  And he was a consensus talent pick for that area of the first round.  I don't mind a rookie QB sucking at this point in the year, but I have some concerns about him disintegrating.  Even bad QBs get a TD for their team once in a while.  Still, not a bad pick at the time.

Archived