Now that the Jets are *Mathmatically* eliminated!

Lupz27

Should they give Matt Simms a chance with the final 2 games? We already know what Geno is, we all have a pretty good idea what Simms is, but lets find out for sure, and if we're right about him then we should guarantee 2 more losses, and a better chance at getting to that 8-10 draft spot giving us a chance at Manziel, Watkins, or Evans (or insert your favorite top 10 prospect, for me Bortles could sneak in my top 10)!

Should they give Matt Simms a chance with the final 2 games? We already know what Geno is, we all have a pretty good idea what Simms is, but lets find out for sure, and if we're right about him then we should guarantee 2 more losses, and a better chance at getting to that 8-10 draft spot giving us a chance at Manziel, Watkins, or Evans (or insert your favorite top 10 prospect, for me Bortles could sneak in my top 10)!

Should we let Morhinweg coach the last 2 games too? Just to see what happens?

Really, how hard will either team be "trying"? All out? I doubt it, and both are simply playing for draft position now. The last thing you want is to not be 100% for that first TEE TIME next January in Florida. How would it look walking around DORAL with a busted up knee or elbow and not be able to drive it 270 with a draw.

Really, how hard will either team be "trying"? All out? I doubt it, and both are simply playing for draft position now. The last thing you want is to not be 100% for that first TEE TIME next January in Florida. How would it look walking around DORAL with a busted up knee or elbow and not be able to drive it 270 with a draw.

The Jets have about 40 players on their 53 man roster that shouldn't be on an NFL active roster, so I would assume those 40 players will have something to play for, JOBS!

If Rex doesn't have any guarantees regarding next season, he's going to play the QB who he thinks gives him the best chance to win.

This.

That fat dope is going to win out now, just to make this season sting more and to drop us further in the draft. The conflict of interest between him coaching for his job and this team needing to prepare for 2014 has haunted us all year.... this is the crap you get when you are too big a pussy to clean house completely, Woody's signature move... firing most, but not all, and forcing the old on the new.

If Rex doesn't have any guarantees regarding next season, he's going to play the QB who he thinks gives him the best chance to win.

He is guaranteed the salary that is on his contract. Not sure what other guarantees one could ask for????

Now, one would think that a coach would look at players, not play favorites and understand the roster a little more. But Rex seems to think that may hurt feelings among his pets.

^^^heh not a bad idea

I kinda agree with the simms thing, after 4 yrs sanchez never fixed his accuracy. Smiths accuracy problem is on another level.

Fuk it let matty simms sling it.

can i get some goddam competition

accuracy is really really hard to fix. smith will probably never be a good qb

Also question, can a team cut an unrestricted free agent then resign him for less? I was thinking we could do that to sanchez tbh i wouldnt mind him as a back up for a reasinable price

Could you imagine if by some miracle, they did have Sanchez next summer, and they draft a QB like Manziel and he gets to camp and looks at our two QBS, Sanchez and Smith, and he looks at them and says to the QB coach:"Seriously, thats my competition, the 2 worst starting QB's in the NFL the past 5 years, come on?"

Could you imagine if by some miracle, they did have Sanchez next summer, and they draft a QB like Manziel and he gets to camp and looks at our two QBS, Sanchez and Smith, and he looks at them and says to the QB coach:"Seriously, thats my competition, the 2 worst starting QB's in the NFL the past 5 years, come on?"

If they bring back Sanchez, and draft Manziel, they will then have the worst QB trio in the history of the NFL

This.

That fat dope is going to win out now, just to make this season sting more and to drop us further in the draft. The conflict of interest between him coaching for his job and this team needing to prepare for 2014 has haunted us all year.... this is the crap you get when you are too big a pussy to clean house completely, Woody's signature move... firing most, but not all, and forcing the old on the new.

You don't prepare for 2014 by having your young players actively try to lose. I get that a couple losses may jump us a few spots in the draft, but I'd rather see the guys who are going to be on our roster for another four or 5 years take more reps, develop and go into the off-season with a better feeling than to get a higher draft pick that we'll probably cock up anyways. 

Archived