Anquan Boldin

joewilly12

No. Draft a WR in the first round.

Sammy Watkins is the guy we should be targeting. He's been compared as a talent to AJ Green. Anyone know where the Jets are drafting now?

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Larz.

Kelvin Benjamin is the WR we want

He's good, but I'd rather have Sammy Watkins, the guy is just so smooth. This is assuming though that we are out of the qb draft market, at least for the early rounds.

Jets probably won't get a crack at the top 3 WR's, Benjamin probably, but he might be to early to pick. Their is like 15 WR's who will get a 2nd round grade, so if you don't get 1 of the 3 studs you might as well take BPA in the 1st, and target the highest ranked WR on your board in the 2nd.

Jets probably won't get a crack at the top 3 WR's, Benjamin probably, but he might be to early to pick. Their is like 15 WR's who will get a 2nd round grade, so if you don't get 1 of the 3 studs you might as well take BPA in the 1st, and target the highest ranked WR on your board in the 2nd.

Ridiculous that there are so many 1st round WRs and yet we might not get a shot at one.

How about Ebron, TE in the 1st?

Ridiculous that there are so many 1st round WRs and yet we might not get a shot at one.

How about Ebron, TE in the 1st?

If Lee, Watkins, and Evans are all gone, and Ebron is on the top of the Jets draft board I'm fine with that as long as it doesn't change what I think should be the plan to get at least one of those top rated 2nd tier WR's in the 2nd round, in this deep top 2 round WR pool we have to come out with one of them for Geno, or whoever is going to be under center, HAVE TO! Yes even if they sign 2 top WR's in FA period, look at GB you can't have enough playmakers in this league with the new spread offense needed to win in this passing league, and to make sure your not stripped naked by injury like the Falcons were this year!

If Lee, Watkins, and Evans are all gone, and Ebron is on the top of the Jets draft board I'm fine with that as long as it doesn't change what I think should be the plan to get at least one of those top rated 2nd tier WR's in the 2nd round, in this deep top 2 round WR pool we have to come out with one of them for Geno, or whoever is going to be under center, HAVE TO! Yes even if they sign 2 top WR's in FA period, look at GB you can't have enough playmakers in this league with the new spread offense needed to win in this passing league, and to make sure your not stripped naked by injury like the Falcons were this year!

The Jets have a weird predicament at wide receiver that extends beyond a mere lack of talent. There's a glut of low-mid quality receivers like Kerley, Nelson and Hill, then maybe Cribbs and Gates (not sure if they're on the roster still). You probably only have 6 roster spots to work with. Personally, I don't want to see a 2nd tier WR in the draft. We have enough of that on the roster already. Also, we can't have any projects on this roster besides the guys we already have. I think we need to try and figure out which of those top tier guys has the highest floor, not necessarily the highest ceiling.. and target that guy. Go out and get him. Be willing to trade up for that 1 piece. I know there are lots of roster holes on the team, but we need a legitimate #1 or #2 from this draft. Then we need to fill the #1 or #2 spot again via free agency. No projects, no gambles, go out and get us a low-risk immediate impact, productive receiver that can line up outside the numbers.

@VillainTheFoe

Didnt he just finish ripping up his knee?

Yeah, I don't know, I'm not sure. I know he missed the whole year. If he's healthy, he's a must target.

Cut Hil, DO NOT RESIGN Holmes, trade back and get an extra pick since the 3 top wr's will be off the board.  Draft Jordan Mathews in Round 1, TE, Jenkins in round 2. We could have three 3rd rounds picks by moving back.   

Cutting Hill makes no sense.  He costs peanuts off his 2nd round rookie deal and doesn't save us any significant cap dollars.  We'll have plenty of open roster spots without having to needlessly cut guys.  It'd be like cutting Geno just because we expect to bring in new QB's.

We'll have Hill, Kerley, and Nelson and can easily justify bringing in 3 new WR's.

Cutting Hill makes no sense.  He costs peanuts off his 2nd round rookie deal and doesn't save us any significant cap dollars.  We'll have plenty of open roster spots without having to needlessly cut guys.  It'd be like cutting Geno just because we expect to bring in new QB's.

We'll have Hill, Kerley, and Nelson and can easily justify bringing in 3 new WR's.

Hill SUCKS. And Geno is not far behind . I would get rid of them both. I like what the Browns are doing. They have absolutely no tolerance for underachievers right now.  If they don't measure up, they are history.  Which is why Rex should have been let go.  Just to much dead weight on this team. Idzik is just a puppet. Woody is forcing his hand.  Idzik had no choice but to bring Rex back yet again for another year. And now we will be stuck  with a lame QB like Geno Smith for another 4-5 years. Geno makes Sanchez look like Bart Starr.  This team will go nowhere with GEno Smith as the QB . Maybe they get in the playoffs here and there BUT they will not go far.  The defense will play well but Geno will  continue to implode.     

Archived