Bring back Matt Slauson?

AFJF

Not sure why the Jets completely ignored him in the first place, but he only signed a one-year deal in Chicago and rated out as 6th best OG on the NFL by PFF.  Flip Winter to ROG?

Thoughts?

I agree with the thought of bringing back Slauson.  Don't under stand why the Jets let him walk to begin with.  I wouldn't flip Winters to the right side though, I'd bring back Colon one more year, and flip Winters to the bench unless he comes into camp and proves he has made a quantum leap in his skills. 

Not sure why the Jets completely ignored him in the first place, but he only signed a one-year deal in Chicago and rated out as 6th best OG on the NFL by PFF.  Flip Winter to ROG?

Thoughts?

I believe Idzik knew Slauson could bring him back a Compensatory pick while also trimmimg payroll in a very tight cap yr. for the Jets. He played it perfectly!

Keller, Greene, Slauson, Landry, DeVito leave and sign pretty significant FA contracts, Sign Winslow, Goodson(didn't work out) Colon, "Other Landry" on the cheap..

trade a 4th for Ivory and have at it. No way we could have afforded Slausen, Keller, Greene and Landry.

As far as bringing Slausen back, I'b be all for a 3 yr/12 mil contract with $6mm guaranteed

Wouldn't mind bringing back Colon either.  Winters to the bench for a season gives him some time to learn and decent depth.

Colon is having surgery so it might make some teams nervous -- he needs to clean up his penalties though.

Slauson in for Winters would be an immediate upgrade to the line. 

so what. 1 good game at the end of the year is supposed to be good enough to not consider upgrading?

considering how young and how raw he is... it's questionable that Slauson is an upgrade. by year 3 winters should be better than Slauson.

overall OL is not really a problem. the biggest question is will they resign the RT? 

considering how young and how raw he is... it's questionable that Slauson is an upgrade. by year 3 winters should be better than Slauson.

overall OL is not really a problem. the biggest question is will they resign the RT? 

I don't see how they could possibly consider not bringing back Howard.  With the money they have available, they can certainly afford to do it, and he's really the only pending FA that would cost anything of significance.  Not to mention, he was probably the Jets' best OL this year.  I'd imagine he has to be their top priority over these next two months.

Archived