My big worry: Michael Vick

acupuncturejeff

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im way too lazy to go thru 6 pages of this thread but a Jets fan "worried" that they might have a competent backup QB? and one that isn't Mark Sanchez? Vick may be cruel to dogs but he's easily the best "backup" in the league and the only thing holding him back from being a starter is his inability to get through 16 games. As a backup he could hang around the league for another 5+ years easy.

in short don't be worried about Vick, he might not even get out of Philly .

im way too lazy to go thru 6 pages of this thread but a Jets fan "worried" that they might have a competent backup QB? and one that isn't Mark Sanchez? Vick may be cruel to dogs but he's easily the best "backup" in the league and the only thing holding him back from being a starter is his inability to get through 16 games. As a backup he could hang around the league for another 5+ years easy.

in short don't be worried about Vick, he might not even get out of Philly .

Who cares about the backup QB.    Great if you have a viable backup who might be able to win you a game or two,  but if the idea is to bring in a backup QB who will challenge the starter for their job, it kind of means you don't have a legit Starting QB.  And teams who are worried they need to find a backup QB who can beat out the starting QB for a job,  usually have a starting QB problem.    

McKnown had a nice few games for the Bears, but at the end of the day, like him or not,  Cutler signed a long term deal because they believe he is their Starting QB.  No issue.    Like ROmo or not down in Dallas, he's their starting QB.      If the idea is to bring in McKwown or Vick or a guy like him so they can beat out Geno for the starting job,  it just means the Staff have no faith in Geno as it is and they probably should be concentrating on finding out how to wind up with one of the top QBs in this years draft.      Going years with hoping the backup QB is better than your starter is what teams who never win do.

Thanks.

However, I beg to differ. I am a better person, and I have no dirty little secrets. I've taken great care in my life to make good decisions, and that is my reward. I'm a better person than most.

o_0

Actually, and especially after this year, I could not disagree more. After he got injured and Foles took over, he will basically have 8-10 months of NO FOOTBALL contact, allowing his body to finally heel up, to a point where he will be more healthy coming into this year than he has in a long time.

I would take Vick over what we have now in a heartbeat, and given he knows Marty's system, the learning curve would be on warp drive, and he would be ready to go.

If they dont draft a Franchies guy, then by all means, go get MIKE VICK.

You can disagree with me, but his stats dont. He's played just one full season his entire career. Dude was out of the league for 2 years (and was younger) came back and still hasnt put together a full season under his belt. All of a sudden 10 months will resurrect his career? You can take Vick in a heartbeat and end up with your heart broke.  

I'm absolutely a better person than Michael Vick.  Your attempts at moral equivalency are more than a little scary.

There's alot of things about me thats scary to people, but given the time I live in im quite glad about that actually. Im back to football though. I'll leave Vicks history to the self-righteous. 

You can disagree with me, but his stats dont. He's played just one full season his entire career. Dude was out of the league for 2 years (and was younger) came back and still hasnt put together a full season under his belt. All of a sudden 10 months will resurrect his career? You can take Vick in a heartbeat and end up with your heart broke.

I cant argue too much with what you say. I am hoping that maybe with age and some Maturity, that maybe Mike Vick, will finally have learned to SLIDE, GET out of BOUNDS, throw it away, and not trust your legs so much to get you out of trouble, which actually gets you into more trouble, being blasted by 245lb linebackers that run 4.5's.

Anyway, the chances are probably slim that we see Vick in Jet green, but hey I never thought I would see Favre a Jet so anything is possible, right?

How can i assail such a well-reasoned retort? I guess i should give up to a superior intellect such as you.

Your point was too ridiculous to deserve a response. I didn't think it was possible to read anything on these boards that absurdly obnoxious unless it appeared under the phrase "Integrity28 said"

Your point was too ridiculous to deserve a response. I didn't think it was possible to read anything on these boards that absurdly obnoxious unless it appeared under the phrase "Integrity28 said"

Now i am confused because you did respond. Please explain your insult since it went over my head. Apreciate it. /thumbs up

If the idea is to bring in McKwown or Vick or a guy like him so they can beat out Geno for the starting job,  it just means the Staff have no faith in Geno as it is and they probably should be concentrating on finding out how to wind up with one of the top QBs in this years draft.      Going years with hoping the backup QB is better than your starter is what teams who never win do.

if they draft another young QB it's 3 young QBs for the team to develop. At some point there's not enough coaching to go around. This team needs a vet QB, someone who doesn't need to learn the fundamentals of the game, so the team can continue to develop Geno. Whether that vet is Vick or whoever shouldn't be such a big concern.  Honestly I'd take Vick 100 times over Garrard who isn't even a real NFL player anymore.

Who cares about the backup QB. Great if you have a viable backup who might be able to win you a game or two, but if the idea is to bring in a backup QB who will challenge the starter for their job, it kind of means you don't have a legit Starting QB. And teams who are worried they need to find a backup QB who can beat out the starting QB for a job, usually have a starting QB problem.

McKnown had a nice few games for the Bears, but at the end of the day, like him or not, Cutler signed a long term deal because they believe he is their Starting QB. No issue. Like ROmo or not down in Dallas, he's their starting QB. If the idea is to bring in McKwown or Vick or a guy like him so they can beat out Geno for the starting job, it just means the Staff have no faith in Geno as it is and they probably should be concentrating on finding out how to wind up with one of the top QBs in this years draft. Going years with hoping the backup QB is better than your starter is what teams who never win do.

so it is better to not bring in a legit veteran because then we might find ourselves rooting for the player who is performing better on the field, which according to you hurts our chances to win. i admit being confused but maybe i am too dumb to understand your point.

so it is better to not bring in a legit veteran because then we might find ourselves rooting for the player who is performing better on the field, which according to you hurts our chances to win. i admit being confused but maybe i am too dumb to understand your point.

No your not dumb, just confused like the rest of us over this post. I really dont understand what point he is trying to make. 

Who cares about the backup QB.    Great if you have a viable backup who might be able to win you a game or two,  but if the idea is to bring in a backup QB who will challenge the starter for their job, it kind of means you don't have a legit Starting QB.  And teams who are worried they need to find a backup QB who can beat out the starting QB for a job,  usually have a starting QB problem.    

McKnown had a nice few games for the Bears, but at the end of the day, like him or not,  Cutler signed a long term deal because they believe he is their Starting QB.  No issue.    Like ROmo or not down in Dallas, he's their starting QB.      If the idea is to bring in McKwown or Vick or a guy like him so they can beat out Geno for the starting job,  it just means the Staff have no faith in Geno as it is and they probably should be concentrating on finding out how to wind up with one of the top QBs in this years draft.      Going years with hoping the backup QB is better than your starter is what teams who never win do.

So what should the Jets be doing at QB this year, then?

So what should the Jets be doing at QB this year, then?

Good question as that 2 paragraph post by Pedro was very hard to know what exactly he really wants. I know what you want, and that is essentially the same as me. The only difference is that we both want a REAL veteren (not Brunell), and I want a 1st round drafted QB, and you want a later round pick, and either of these scenarios would suit me.

He went to jail for two years and lost ~$100 mil. That's paying a price. Yes, killing animals is terrible, but I'm still going to wear my leather shoes and belt over to Chili's later to buy a cheeseburger from a waitress who uses cosmetics that were once tested on rabbits.

Gee Tom I didnt know you kept Cows as house Pets.

Good question as that 2 paragraph post by Pedro was very hard to know what exactly he really wants. I know what you want, and that is essentially the same as me. The only difference is that we both want a REAL veteren (not Brunell), and I want a 1st round drafted QB, and you want a later round pick, and either of these scenarios would suit me.

Sign Chad Henne, draft Zach Mettenberger with one of our 3rd's.  Boom.

Archived