Superbowl game thread

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't get today's pop music. Does every track have to be a dramatic exploration of something? Whatever happened to real American creative song writing in pop, like We Built The City or Take On Me.

John Mayer (of all people) wrote a pretty good article a few years back on how almost every top 40 track was using the exact same chord progressions in a conscious effort to sound exactly the same. I think that's where we're at.

John Mayer (of all people) wrote a pretty good article a few years back on how almost every top 40 track was using the exact same chord progressions in a conscious effort to sound exactly the same. I think that's where we're at.

yeah!!  music is for gheys.

Every pop track is a variation of Louie Louie. It's been that way for decades.

Dude, I didn't even know there were 7,001 islands in the  Philippines.  

:confused0058: 

Well, the truth is I haven't counted them all.  They say "7,001", so I go with that.  Indonesia is the only country with more, by a pretty wide margin.  Truth is, when I go out at night there the amateur singers are effin' amazing, no matter how far off the beaten path I am.   And I get way off the beaten path.  Fun and entertaining people so long as you do not get involved with business transactions or become their personal ATM.

Sure, but you don't put asterisks on elite QB's records.

Peyton's dunked and dunked all year. Was pretty obvious he wasn't going to be able to do that against Seattle. This is more about Seattle being awesome than Peyton sucking IMO. No ones passed well on Seattle.

Sure, but you don't put asterisks on elite QB's records.

Peyton's dunked and dunked all year. Was pretty obvious he wasn't going to be able to do that against Seattle. This is more about Seattle being awesome than Peyton sucking IMO. No ones passed well on Seattle.

Manning ran up passing records all year long. He doesn't get a pass because he's playing against a really, really good pass defense. He looks like Kerry Collins vs Baltimore right now.

Manning ran up passing records all year long. He doesn't get a pass because he's playing against a really, really good pass defense. He looks like Kerry Collins vs Baltimore right now.

Guess not but I'm not surprised at all he's struggling.

Archived