What is your ideal first five jet picks????

Jetknowledge

All hypothetical of course but I would love to see

rd 1 - Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina 

Has what it takes to be a future pro-bowler

rd 2 -  Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU

Has the motor and athleticism to be a very good pass rusher, and versatile enough to be a 4-3 outside linebacker with the size to complement. 

and rex loves versatility 

rd 3 - Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU

Not his biggest fan, but with this pick he'll be a steal, only lacking in the speed department.

He reminds me of a more athletic Jeremy Kerley.

rd 3 - Antone Exum, CB, Virginia Tech

Reminds me of the type of corners Seattle likes.

Knowing that Rex loves versatility, he could play some safety or may make full conversion.

rd 4 - De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon

To be short and to the point, EXPLOSIVE AND DYNAMIC, big play waiting to happen in the run, pass, and special teams.

Just some talent I like who I believe have what we are looking for

LOL, I wish but a mock draft of only the first 5 picks

just think...like, if the Revis trade was for this years first and the Jets went 0-16 and they traded their 2nd and Revis 3rd this year to move into the last first/early second it would be potentially possible to get 4 out of those 5 guys.

Trade back into mid-twenties, pick up a 3rd.

1. Jarvis Landry

2. Allen Robinson

3TB. Paul Hubbard

3trade. Bishop Sankey

3. Keith McGill.

I find it interesting you think Allen Robinson will fall past the second Houston pick.

that is his old coach, they could use a reciever, and he's a first round talent.

Most likiely there first pick will be bridgewater

I find it interesting you think Allen Robinson will fall past the second Houston pick.

that is his old coach, they could use a reciever, and he's a first round talent.

Most likiely there first pick will be bridgewater

They just drafted DeAndre Hopkins in the second round.

1st CB Justin Gilbert

2nd G Xavier Su'a-Filo

3rd WR Jordan Matthews (could use our 5th, and this 3rd rounder to get back into the 2nd to grab him)

3rd CB/S Stanley Jean-Baptiste

4th DE/OLB Morgan Breslin

4th (comp pick) RB/WR/KR Dri Archer

5th TE Colt Lyerla

Add these players to signings like WR J Maclin, and Kenny Britt, a starting caliber Safety, a veteran QB capable of managing a game, and OLB Brian Orakpo, and this is the start of serious talent upgrade in both team speed, special teams talent, and the start of rebuilding the weapons on the offensive side of the ball.

True but in a pass happy league with a rookie QB most likely being your starter, you will want an amazing receiving core and this would be a crazy 3.

If Ben Tate leaves in free agency, the second round could yield their "pick of the litter" in RBs, or perhaps the draft's 2nd best safety, an area they could definitely upgrade. 

1st CB Justin Gilbert

2nd G Xavier Su'a-Filo

3rd WR Jordan Matthews (could use our 5th, and this 3rd rounder to get back into the 2nd to grab him)

3rd CB/S Stanley Jean-Baptiste

4th DE/OLB Morgan Breslin

4th (comp pick) RB/WR/KR Dri Archer

5th TE Colt Lyerla

Add these players to signings like WR J Maclin, and Kenny Britt, a starting caliber Safety, a veteran QB capable of managing a game, and OLB Brian Orakpo, and this is the start of serious talent upgrade in both team speed, special teams talent, and the start of rebuilding the weapons on the offensive side of the ball.

I like all of this but I think some1 will take Jordan in the 1st most likely the patriots

If Ben Tate leaves in free agency, the second round could yield their "pick of the litter" in RBs, or perhaps the draft's 2nd best safety, an area they could definitely upgrade.

True but if they draft a franchise QB it won't be to hand off the ball, and there going to be a air it out offense.

True but if they draft a franchise QB it won't be to hand off the ball, and there going to be a air it out offense.

Franchise quarterbacks need to be eased into the league.  A certain one just won the Super Bowl, and it wasn't from riding his big arm.  Luck threw 18 picks his first year, and he's as franchise as they get.  I'd have to imagine if Indy had a better rushing attack (say, an Arian Foster) that number would have been lower. 

I'd expect a balanced offense coming out of Houston next year.  

Franchise quarterbacks need to be eased into the league. A certain one just won the Super Bowl, and it wasn't from riding his big arm. Luck threw 18 picks his first year, and he's as franchise as they get. I'd have to imagine if Indy had a better rushing attack (say, an Arian Foster) that number would have been lower.

I'd expect a balanced offense coming out of Houston next year.

Russell wasn't drafted a franchise quarter back, he was drafted and is earning that.

And his receiving core wouldn't allow him to sling it like a Peyton Manning

But luck definitely passes heavy, from his 1st game till now.

I believe they will be balanced in the since of using every weapon they have.

They will pass more, foster is a run & receive type of back.

Russell wasn't drafted a franchise quarter back, he was drafted and is earning that.

And his receiving core wouldn't allow him to sling it like a Peyton Manning

But luck definitely passes heavy, from his 1st game till now.

I believe they will be balanced in the since of using every weapon they have.

They will pass more, foster is a run & receive type of back.

This is fun, but we're both presenting thin-air arguments.  Lets just take Robinson in the first and be done with it. 

I don't follow college football that closely but I do hope we get 2 WRs in the first 3 rounds. And I'm sure I'm in the minority but I'd be okay w/ a defensive player in round 1.

1st Rd, Allen Robinson

2nd Rd, sankey (I became a fan do to a previous debate that opened my eyes, and his 40 mite solidify his stock for the mid 2nd)

3rd, Rd, tb pick, Jarvis Landry

3rd, Rd, TE

4th, Rd, Antone exum CB

1. Jarvis Landry

2. Allen Robinson

3TB. Adrian Hubbard

3trade. Bishop Sankey

3. Keith McGill.

1. Jarvis Landry

2. Allen Robinson

3TB. Adrian Hubbard

3trade. Bishop Sankey

3. Keith McGill.

I think the Jets are good at 18, too many skill players who will be gone - we have a shot to get a great TE or WR

at 18, if we do trade down, we still pick ahead of NE, who will want a WR and TE just like we do, they have identical

needs to us, so they will be pissed when we grab the WR they want, they may take a WR 1 and TE 2 or visa versa

same as us.  I think a top 15 pick is also a possibility you know tanny would trade up at least twice in this draft and

end up with 3 or 4 picks, maybe one good one if he duped out of one of guys he really wanted.

Idzik seems like a guy who wants to use all his picks, Parcells was the guy who loved to trade down, worked great

most of the time.

I think the Jets are good at 18, too many skill players who will be gone - we have a shot to get a great TE or WR

at 18, if we do trade down, we still pick ahead of NE, who will want a WR and TE just like we do, they have identical

needs to us, so they will be pissed when we grab the WR they want, they may take a WR 1 and TE 2 or visa versa

same as us. I think a top 15 pick is also a possibility you know tanny would trade up at least twice in this draft and

end up with 3 or 4 picks, maybe one good one if he duped out of one of guys he really wanted.

Idzik seems like a guy who wants to use all his picks, Parcells was the guy who loved to trade down, worked great

most of the time.

I don't mind trading back, but only if the top 5 WR are gone and Ebron, and the top guard.

Archived