5 Vanilla 
6 Vanilla 
7 Vanilla 
8 Vanilla 
9 Lyncher 
10 Mafia Janitor 
11 Mafia Janitor 

Some quick facts:
1. This is going to be a Night Start game.

2. The Lyncher is considered a threat to town and until either the Lyncher or the Lynchee is dead the game will not end even if the mafia have been lynched.

3. If the Lyncher wins the game is over. Done. Ended. The Lyncher will be the sole winner. Mafia and Town beware.

4. The Mafia will be able to Janitor twice. You can't stop the first one but if you're lucky you can stop the second.

5. The Coroner is pretty useless after examining the two Janitor'd bodies but it's good to know if the Cop or Lyncher are down or if it's just a couple of vanillas. If you can trust your Coroner that is.

6. As you can see there is no doctor, claim at your own risk.

Here's the thing -- he mentions lynchee here, but doesn't list lynchee as a role.  I'd assume if he's going to post the roles, he's posting all the roles?

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's why it's confusing, and our mod is AWOL so we can't ask.

Unofficial Votecount

Leelou – Jif, Ape (2)
Pac - Ishy (1)

Lily - Leelou, Crusher (2)

Crusher - AVM(1)

Jif – Smash (1)

Not Voting: Pac, Lily, Verbal

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch. 

I'll go ahead and vote Leelou

Wow, check out this 180 by Ape:

Me announcing my feelings on the Lyncher role in this game.

Me informing the game of a scumtell I have on Leelou.

Ape agreeing with my scumtell callout, and moving his vote back to Leelou as a result.

Ape agreeing with my feelings on the Lyncher role.

*****180 TIME*****

Ape now calling out my statement on the Lyncher (which he above agreed with and made his own "mock outrage" post on (saying the game will only last 1 day)).

And then Ape calling out my callout of a Leelou scumtell.

Damn dirty Ape can't get any more obvious than this.  Scum or Lyncher.  Not town.

Yeah Verbal, working both sides of the situation to see what it nets me, or to see who blinks first, is something I never do as town.

Total scum tell for me.

Totally.

Seems like my change in sentiment towards you provoke a bit of a self-defense driven "accuse Ape, before he accuses me" response.

Also, I'm waiting to hammer precisely because I don't want the Lyncher to get a free/easy win.  I don't like the role in this game, but I can't do anything about that except try and beat them to the hammer and pray they didn't start the train.

Meh, I guess I'm not going to completely ignore the role after all, heh.

You are creating a monstrous wifom.

He's said a couple of ping worthy things. Also hit on a couple of town tells.

He's about the only person in the game I feel confident about NOT being the lyncher (which means he probably is)

I've never played with it before and have no clue how to attack it.  This is the best idea I've got and I admit it's not great.

Here is a plan I've been muddling around, while day dreaming through my meetings and court appearance today...

1. We should collectively decide on who we want to lynch, without voting them up to L2 or L1 (obviously), then have the first voter unvote and revote, so that they move back to like 3rd or 4th. Ensuring lyncher wasn't the first vote cast, and we can make the 2nd person do the same in some cases, to make it unpredictable for the lyncher to be 2nd on the train also.

2. We should designate 2 people to cast the final 2 votes at the same time. Honestly, if scum wants a chance at winning this game, they should both be queue up to cast their votes at once, and having a QT would allow them to coordinate this. However, it does compromise who they may be.

I assumed that when Nolder mentioned the Lyncher having a target that there was a Lynchee in the game. He just didn't call it such. Verb, is that what you understood, too? If so, the lynch has to be a particular person, not just anyone. It doesn't seem that everyone understands this, or maybe I'm completely wrong on this whole thing. 

I'm interested that Verb caught Leelou on a scumtell so early. I'll probably move my vote back to her, but I want to check the votecount first. (Just my luck, I'm probably following the Lyncher. lol)

Oh, I've never heard of this. Interesting. Nolderp is going to have to clarify.

If this is the case, then I'm looking directly at Crusher for his "JIF is scum" proclamation, which he then flaked out on ... Verbal for his "leelou hit a scum tell" ... Smash for his "JIF hit a scum tell".

Hmmm....

Yeah Verbal, working both sides of the situation to see what it nets me, or to see who blinks first, is something I never do as town.

Total scum tell for me.

Totally.

Seems like my change in sentiment towards you provoke a bit of a self-defense driven "accuse Ape, before he accuses me" response.

Or.......you did exactly as I said and this is your attempt at damage control.

Lynchee isn't a role. It's the person being voted until hammer.

Not necessarily.

You are creating a monstrous wifom.

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

I assumed that when Nolder mentioned the Lyncher having a target that there was a Lynchee in the game. He just didn't call it such. Verb, is that what you understood, too? If so, the lynch has to be a particular person, not just anyone. It doesn't seem that everyone understands this, or maybe I'm completely wrong on this whole thing. 

I'm interested that Verb caught Leelou on a scumtell so early. I'll probably move my vote back to her, but I want to check the votecount first. (Just my luck, I'm probably following the Lyncher. lol)

When I've run a Lyncher game, there was always a specific player that was the "Lynchee".  I don't know if Nolder is thinking the same thing, so this is an important distinction to clear up.

Here is a plan I've been muddling around, while day dreaming through my meetings and court appearance today...

1. We should collectively decide on who we want to lynch, without voting them up to L2 or L1 (obviously), then have the first voter unvote and revote, so that they move back to like 3rd or 4th. Ensuring lyncher wasn't the first vote cast, and we can make the 2nd person do the same in some cases, to make it unpredictable for the lyncher to be 2nd on the train also.

2. We should designate 2 people to cast the final 2 votes at the same time. Honestly, if scum wants a chance at winning this game, they should both be queue up to cast their votes at once, and having a QT would allow them to coordinate this. However, it does compromise who they may be.

tl;dr

Your plan sucks as much as JiF does.

When I've run a Lyncher game, there was always a specific player that was the "Lynchee".  I don't know if Nolder is thinking the same thing, so this is an important distinction to clear up.

That's the way I've always seen the lyncher role work. 

Or.......you did exactly as I said and this is your attempt at damage control.

Not necessarily.

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

When have I ever needed to do damage control as scum? Yeah, thought so.

I play as town as though everyone knows I'm town. Therefore, I don't feel I need to be careful about whether I'm contradicting myself, and assuming everyone can see when I'm working 2 sides of a situation. You know that as well as anyone here who knows my tells. I'm not gonna sweat this further, but it should be apparent to others if you keep pressing it, that you've got a "lynch Ape" agenda... which may tie back to this clarification we need about the Lyncher and Lynchee designations.

When have I ever needed to do damage control as scum? Yeah, thought so.

I play as town as though everyone knows I'm town. Therefore, I don't feel I need to be careful about whether I'm contradicting myself, and assuming everyone can see when I'm working 2 sides of a situation. You know that as well as anyone here who knows my tells. I'm not gonna sweat this further, but it should be apparent to others if you keep pressing it, that you've got a "lynch Ape" agenda... which may tie back to this clarification we need about the Lyncher and Lynchee designations.

Your continued self-meta defense is noted.

inb4 the "I never do this as scum" speech.

I never self-vote, period.

However, it serves as a reasonable strategy for town or scum, to self-vote and get the first vote on them locked up. It basically removes one of the two scenarios for the lyncher to meet their win condition. 

I think he's already covered all his self-meta defense speeches.

This is the part where he now comes back with his "gotcha it was a setup the whole time" spiel.

I'm waiting with bated breath.

Heh... and you're calling me rusty?

Yes.  I've been playing and winning with reckless abandon.  You've been.....I don't know what the **** you do when hibernating.

It's ain't really winning when you are playing against DMers. 

Speaking of which, is Nolder seriously MIA now? This dude shouldn't be allowed to mod a game without a co-mod again, seems like he goes MIA 2-3 times a day.

It's ain't really winning when you are playing against DMers. 

Speaking of which, is Nolder seriously MIA now? This dude shouldn't be allowed to mod a game without a co-mod again, seems like he goes MIA 2-3 times a day.

All true statements.

I think deadline is in a couple hours. 

The only reference I remember him making was that it would be "sometime Monday maybe."  He then earlier today or last night said he could be gone all day today...so I would hope it's not today all things considered.

If there was a specific time he posted somewhere, I missed it

yeah so I re-read this filth and the only things that stick out thus far are Ishy and Leelou..  what I find suspicious is that both seem to are going after the easy lynch and neither has mentioned the other.  That's scum team 101 stuff.

the never ending talk about the lyncher role seems like fear mongering in an attempt to muddy waters.  We know the role is out there and we know how he/she wins.  To go on for 10 pages about it is beyond overkill and entering into the doth protest too much area -- Yes Ape, I'm staring at you.

Having never seen the lyncher role I assumed like everyone else that they win if they're the 1st vote or last vote on someone.  Even if there is a target I still don't see how we can possibly police who gets to vote first and last..  I'll want to always hammer because I don't trust any of you.

In the meantime we should get this going already...  Leelou, Ishy, or Ape all make worthy candidates...  I'd also kill Crusher because it stands to reason Nolder would make the lyncher someone who's not easily getting lynched.  Come to think of it Leelou and to a lesser extent Ishy fall in that hard to lynch category.  Hmm.

Archived