Space Jam Mafia - Game Over - Lyncher Wins

Nolder

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah so I re-read this filth and the only things that stick out thus far are Ishy and Leelou..  what I find suspicious is that both seem to are going after the easy lynch and neither has mentioned the other.  That's scum team 101 stuff.

the never ending talk about the lyncher role seems like fear mongering in an attempt to muddy waters.  We know the role is out there and we know how he/she wins.  To go on for 10 pages about it is beyond overkill and entering into the doth protest too much area -- Yes Ape, I'm staring at you.

Having never seen the lyncher role I assumed like everyone else that they win if they're the 1st vote or last vote on someone.  Even if there is a target I still don't see how we can possibly police who gets to vote first and last..  I'll want to always hammer because I don't trust any of you.

In the meantime we should get this going already...  Leelou, Ishy, or Ape all make worthy candidates...  I'd also kill Crusher because it stands to reason Nolder would make the lyncher someone who's not easily getting lynched.  Come to think of it Leelou and to a lesser extent Ishy fall in that hard to lynch category.  Hmm.

Glad you finally checked in. 

I'll address your fagotry for me first. I wasn't the first to bring it up. Sometimes a mechanic like that needs to be talked about openly - for the sake of solving the game - or for the sake of drawing out over-ambitious bad dudes. Either way, when the game has 10 people, and half of them are only posting their excuses for why they can't contribute, I'm not going to apologize for entertaining the one subject that seems to be getting traction. So, in short GFY.

As for your other observations, they align with what I've pointed out previously... Leelou and Ishy seem to be focused on easy targets, or piling on momentum.

I'd like to see Leelou lynched.

Oh, by the way GFY with this "we need to get the game going..." but you don't cast a vote. 

It's ain't really winning when you are playing against DMers. 

Speaking of which, is Nolder seriously MIA now? This dude shouldn't be allowed to mod a game without a co-mod again, seems like he goes MIA 2-3 times a day.

Sorry, spent the day at the hospital with a friend.

Perhaps you'd like to GFY?

No.

Thanks for that clarification. One other clarification needed, in your setup language you mention a Lynchee... and it's not clear if you are implying that the Lyncher as 1 single target they are required to take out to win, or if "lynchee" refers to any person being lynched at any time, hence our fear that the Lyncher can win on a D1 hammer of pretty much anyone.

Thanks.

As for your other observations, they align with what I've pointed out previously... Leelou and Ishy seem to be focused on easy targets, or piling on momentum.

I voted AVM first for lulz, and only cast one meaningful vote on Pac, based on a theory you threw out and were the only other vote. So where's all this momentum I'm piling onto?

Cool story bro.

I voted AVM first for lulz, and only cast one meaningful vote on Pac, based on a theory you threw out and were the only other vote. So where's all this momentum I'm piling onto?

Cool story bro.

When I spend a few pages building a case, or narrative, and then jumps in and votes the person I'm focused on... I consider it momentum chasing, because I have the ability, no ... the talent... to overrun the game with my brilliance.

Also... let it marinate a bit... I'd like Pac to post 2-3 more times. Then I'll know.

Right now, he typed a lot, made it look like he did a comprehensive re-read, but all he did was name a couple people that have already drawn heat, and me, the primary threat to him if he is in fact scum. I'll snip him off at the scrot if he is in fact scum, and he knows it.

When I spend a few pages building a case, or narrative, and then jumps in and votes the person I'm focused on... I consider it momentum chasing, because I have the ability, no ... the talent... to overrun the game with my brilliance.

Also... let it marinate a bit... I'd like Pac to post 2-3 more times. Then I'll know.

Right now, he typed a lot, made it look like he did a comprehensive re-read, but all he did was name a couple people that have already drawn heat, and me, the primary threat to him if he is in fact scum. I'll snip him off at the scrot if he is in fact scum, and he knows it.

Actually I did re-read the entire 20 whatever pages...  Most of it was gibberish - which in our defense is expected on day 1.

Nolders open world platform has made many of the game mechanic postings moot.  In his zest to create a "different" game, he's severley hindered my ability to use the strategies I implement early on to catch zi scum.

Given there aren't many questions, this may take longer for me to figure out.  I need to see carnage and at that point look at the trains and utilize my amazing recall to find discrepancies. 

It's hard to give a comprehensive breakdown when there hasn't been an abundance of game play..  a lot of it has been "so and so is the lyncher.  bank on it".  I'm a good, actually extraordinary mafia player but what exactly am I supposed to do with that.

I'll be happy to vote Leelou but I'd just as soon hammer or be the first vote to decrease the odds that a lyncher gets in one of those spots.  If we get to defcon 4 with a deadline approaching I'll just vote wherever..  if a lyncher wins on day 1 because of cheap b.s. so be it.

In the meantime I'd like to catch scum as well.  I'm not necessarily targeting the lyncher, I'm after any and all non-townies.

Thanks for that clarification. One other clarification needed, in your setup language you mention a Lynchee... and it's not clear if you are implying that the Lyncher as 1 single target they are required to take out to win, or if "lynchee" refers to any person being lynched at any time, hence our fear that the Lyncher can win on a D1 hammer of pretty much anyone.

Thanks.

The Lynchee/Target are 1 person.

They could be any one of the town roles.

I know who this person is and so does the Lyncher.

It is one specific person.

Neither of the mafia are the Lynchee.

Almost made coffee come through my nose.  That was a good one!

Ok, good - that makes this a lot easier.  We look to see who is zeroing in on the same player day after day.  A smart Lyncher will not tip their hat early, and be patient.  We have nobody who is that patient in this game, so that's good news.

Random thought:  the mafia easily could have already known the details around the Lyncher/Lynchee setup via questions on their QT, so we should look for people who seemed to already know the answers.  This helps clear Lily a bit for me, tbh, but only a little.

Anyone else notice this?

Yes. Verbal basically said the same thing. In other words, they are insistent that they are town, so they declare themselves the ones who should be the hammer votes. The lyncher, or scum, could never come up with a strategy such as this.

Exception mafia player ftw.

Thanks Nolder. 

So, despite being chastised by that idiot Pac, the discussion of mechanics lead to this clarification... which removes the fear that the game could be over with a D1 lynch. The odds for the Lyncher to be successful are drastically lower than I, and others, initially thought.

Ok, good - that makes this a lot easier.  We look to see who is zeroing in on the same player day after day.  A smart Lyncher will not tip their hat early, and be patient.  We have nobody who is that patient in this game, so that's good news.

More WIFOM.

The Lyncher may assume that we'll assume that, and could have already blurted out "so and so is scum" because there is a meta basis for town more than likely believing it. See: Crusher did this with JIF, Smash did this with JIF, Verbal did this with Leelou

Also, Pac is town.

Feels that way, yes.

^ able to pat himself on the head and be Captain Obvious at the same time

Pretty impressive, actually.

There are times I post obvious conclusions like that, in order to be able to re-gain context later when I come back to the game. Unlike the nerdbots you lot are, I have to give 110% of my headspace to my clients all day, so leaving myself little reminder notes like that often helps me jump back in without pause. 

So, GFY

Random thought:  the mafia easily could have already known the details around the Lyncher/Lynchee setup via questions on their QT, so we should look for people who seemed to already know the answers.  This helps clear Lily a bit for me, tbh, but only a little.

I'm having a hard time seeing Lily as scum, she's been so blatantly out of whack - I can't tell if it's rustiness - or her typical discomfort in deceiving people (if you've been scum with Lily, you know what I mean) surfacing in the game thread. 

I do think her alignment would shed light on those that jumped all over her fumbling around. When I was grilling her, Leelou wasted no time dropping that first vote on her.

Unvote

Vote Leelou

More WIFOM.

The Lyncher may assume that we'll assume that, and could have already blurted out "so and so is scum" because there is a meta basis for town more than likely believing it. See: Crusher did this with JIF, Smash did this with JIF, Verbal did this with Leelou

Feels that way, yes.

It isn't intended to be WIFOM - think of it as the marker.  Anything before the clarification from Nolder is subject to my statement.  Anything after is indeed WIFOM.  Think outside the box, picklesniffer.

There are times I post obvious conclusions like that, in order to be able to re-gain context later when I come back to the game. Unlike the nerdbots you lot are, I have to give 110% of my headspace to my clients all day, so leaving myself little reminder notes like that often helps me jump back in without pause. 

So, GFY

<inset obligatory joke about how 110% of Ape's "headspace" is equivalent to a 4 year old>

I'm having a hard time seeing Lily as scum, she's been so blatantly out of whack - I can't tell if it's rustiness - or her typical discomfort in deceiving people (if you've been scum with Lily, you know what I mean) surfacing in the game thread. 

I do think her alignment would shed light on those that jumped all over her fumbling around. When I was grilling her, Leelou wasted no time dropping that first vote on her.

Unvote

Vote Leelou

I'm on the fence with this - is this the Ape making a solid decision on a direction for today, or scumApe trying to mislead with reasonable sounding play.

Hmmm

Archived