Space Jam Mafia - Game Over - Lyncher Wins

Nolder

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh.  Too easy to win this if you're the Lyncher.  If the game ends because they snuck a hammer vote, whatever.  Let's just play and ignore it.

^^^ mock outrage, implies he's not lyncher, total wifom - check

FYI, announcing the intention to re-read or case a player at a later date is a Leelou scumtell.

^^^ nudge to increase length of leelou train, without voting, potentially waiting to hammer - check

I agree. I really don't see how this extends beyond a 1 day game. 

Which is why the notion of ignoring the role is flat out stupid.  That said, I don't think Verbal would be so transparent as to say that as the lyncher.

Just had a thought (and probably a stupid one, but hear me out)..

The lyncher can't win if they self-hammer, I assume?  If not, they're basically a hybrid jester.  Why don't we run up a suspected admitted vanilla town and them self hammer?  We don't lose a power role and limit our "lyncher pool."  As we've already stated, scum have to go after the lyncher too or else they lose...they'd be wise to shoot in the suspected pool in the night phase.

It forces scum to work with us.  Any VT that refuses looks bad.  We could set it up to time things when they're at L-2.

The lyncher can't win if they self-hammer, I assume?  If not, they're basically a hybrid jester.  Why don't we run up a suspected admitted vanilla town and them self hammer?  We don't lose a power role and limit our "lyncher pool."  As we've already stated, scum have to go after the lyncher too or else they lose...they'd be wise to shoot in the suspected pool in the night phase.

It forces scum to work with us.  Any VT that refuses looks bad.  We could set it up to time things when they're at L-2.

I was thinking about the self-hammer aspect of the lyncher role.

I would want Nolder to comfirm in-thread that the lyncher cannot win by self-hammering. Then and only then should we implement a plan like this. It's a great idea though, we just have to be mindful of making sure a townie is first and last on every train. 

So, just lynch all the town? How is that scum hunting? 

It's not, nor is it designed to be.  In RL there is plenty of conflict between people of opposing views, no?  Look at any sci-fi movie -- when the aliens invade and are killing everyone what do those people on opposing sides do -- work together.  We need the scum -- they have a gun to shoot with at night.  Scum need us -- we have the numbers to make it difficult for the lyncher to be first or last.

Never said I wouldn't, but we are also working against the scum. They want to get rid of the lyncher just as much as town does. Witch hunting by running up claimed VTs and them self hammering will dwindle town with no scum deaths. 

And it will also give a ton of info on who cooperates, who doesn't, and all the nice little information found otherwise.

Ignoring it and hoping a waiting lyncher doesn't swoop in for a hammer is foolish if you want to win the game -- for either side.

Are you going to vote me or just throw more suspicion on me and see who jumps on?

Probably a little bit of both for now.  ;-)

What if Lyncher gets that first vote on a townie hammer lynch?  They still win.

The role of Lyncher is really meant for a game designed around it.  You have a Lyncher, a Lynchee, and vanilla townies to work with.  That's it.  Embedding a Lyncher into a regular mafia game, and having that game end when the Lyncher achieves their wincon, is making it too easy for the Lyncher.

Just wait for a hammer, and GG.  Meh.

Wow, check out this 180 by Ape:

Meh.  Too easy to win this if you're the Lyncher.  If the game ends because they snuck a hammer vote, whatever.  Let's just play and ignore it.

Me announcing my feelings on the Lyncher role in this game.

FYI, announcing the intention to re-read or case a player at a later date is a Leelou scumtell.

Me informing the game of a scumtell I have on Leelou.

Yeah, it's something I've busted Lily on as well.

Unvote

Vote Leelou

I never should have moved it to begin with, but I wanted to see what she'd do if I relinquished some of the pressure on her and moved it around. I've seen enough. I'm comfy with her dying. 

Ape agreeing with my scumtell callout, and moving his vote back to Leelou as a result.

I agree. I really don't see how this extends beyond a 1 day game. 

Ape agreeing with my feelings on the Lyncher role.

*****180 TIME*****

^^^ mock outrage, implies he's not lyncher, total wifom - check

^^^ nudge to increase length of leelou train, without voting, potentially waiting to hammer - check

Ape now calling out my statement on the Lyncher (which he above agreed with and made his own "mock outrage" post on (saying the game will only last 1 day)).

And then Ape calling out my callout of a Leelou scumtell.

Damn dirty Ape can't get any more obvious than this.  Scum or Lyncher.  Not town.

Also, I'm waiting to hammer precisely because I don't want the Lyncher to get a free/easy win.  I don't like the role in this game, but I can't do anything about that except try and beat them to the hammer and pray they didn't start the train.

Meh, I guess I'm not going to completely ignore the role after all, heh.

Also, I'm waiting to hammer precisely because I don't want the Lyncher to get a free/easy win. I don't like the role in this game, but I can't do anything about that except try and beat them to the hammer and pray they didn't start the train.

Of course you won't ignore it. Because, lyncher.

Ape agreeing with my scumtell callout, and moving his vote back to Leelou as a result.

*****180 TIME*****

Ape now calling out my statement on the Lyncher (which he above agreed with and made his own "mock outrage" post on (saying the game will only last 1 day)).

Damn dirty Ape can't get any more obvious than this.  Scum or Lyncher.  Not town.

He's said a couple of ping worthy things. Also hit on a couple of town tells.

He's about the only person in the game I feel confident about NOT being the lyncher (which means he probably is)

Also, I'm waiting to hammer precisely because I don't want the Lyncher to get a free/easy win.  I don't like the role in this game, but I can't do anything about that except try and beat them to the hammer and pray they didn't start the train.

I've never played with it before and have no clue how to attack it.  This is the best idea I've got and I admit it's not great.

*****180 TIME*****

Very interesting.  Im sure he has an awesome explanation for it and somehow becomes your fault.  Can't wait.

He's said a couple of ping worthy things. Also hit on a couple of town tells.

He's about the only person in the game I feel confident about NOT being the lyncher (which means he probably is)

I've never played with it before and have no clue how to attack it.  This is the best idea I've got and I admit it's not great.

That's what she said?

Very interesting.  Im sure he has an awesome explanation for it and somehow becomes your fault.  Can't wait.

LOL

So hungover, oh my.

Leelou or Verbal are my 2 favs to die today. I like Leelou better. Her play seems very forced. I will keep my vote there.

So I shot JIF and it was a joke by the bastard Nolder

Now JIF not mentioning me in his FOS list trying to play nice

That's a JIF scum tell 10x over

UNvote PAC

Vote JIF

I assumed that when Nolder mentioned the Lyncher having a target that there was a Lynchee in the game. He just didn't call it such. Verb, is that what you understood, too? If so, the lynch has to be a particular person, not just anyone. It doesn't seem that everyone understands this, or maybe I'm completely wrong on this whole thing. 

I'm interested that Verb caught Leelou on a scumtell so early. I'll probably move my vote back to her, but I want to check the votecount first. (Just my luck, I'm probably following the Lyncher. lol)

Archived