We're not good enough for Michael Sam, apparently

Gastineau Lives

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/132687/michael-sam

Cyd Zeigler, co-founder of OutSports.com and an acquaintance of Michael Sam, doesn't believe the Cowboys, Jets or Redskins would be a good fit for the edge rusher.

"He can work on any team with decent leadership," Zeigler said in an interview with a CBS radio affiliate in Washington, D.C. "I pray to God he doesn't end up on the Dallas Cowboys, the New York Jets or the Washington Redskins. I think those three teams -- they have poor leadership, but most of the other teams in the NFL have guys -- the coaching staff, the front office and locker room -- who are equipped to deal with this." We think the discussion over Sam's next destination is already overblown, and we don't think that Sam's "friends" are helping him by criticizing potential employers before the draft. If the reigning SEC Defensive Player of the Year can hack it at the next level, he'll be accepted in his next locker room without question, and we'll all wonder why anyone ever thought it would be any different. If Sam can't keep up, he won't stick around a locker room long enough to find out how accommodating his fellow professionals could have been.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cyd Zeigler, co-founder of OutSports.com and an acquaintance of Michael Sam, doesn't believe the Cowboys, Jets or Redskins would be a good fit for the edge rusher.

"He can work on any team with decent leadership," Zeigler said in an interview with a CBS radio affiliate in Washington, D.C. "I pray to God he doesn't end up on the Dallas Cowboys, the New York Jets or the Washington Redskins. I think those three teams -- they have poor leadership, but most of the other teams in the NFL have guys -- the coaching staff, the front office and locker room -- who are equipped to deal with this." We think the discussion over Sam's next destination is already overblown, and we don't think that Sam's "friends" are helping him by criticizing potential employers before the draft. If the reigning SEC Defensive Player of the Year can hack it at the next level, he'll be accepted in his next locker room without question, and we'll all wonder why anyone ever thought it would be any different. If Sam can't keep up, he won't stick around a locker room long enough to find out how accommodating his fellow professionals could have been.

I agree that the Jets are a team that lacks structure and leadership...

Plus, Rex doesn't like the gays.

I wish Vernon Gholston had friends like this.

Lets not pretend Rex's leadership abilities have not been in question.... because they have by most people who cover the Jets. I don't see why this should even have been brought up either way by this Ziegler guy.

Yes, but not by anyone in the locker room. 

The Jets had four win talent and won eight games. That takes strong leadership, my friend. 

Sam didn't say this and his college roommate is on this team. Plus, Rex loves gays.

LOL

Yeah, this much became obvious after reading a huge chunk of his bio about Kerry Rhodes.

In society the anti-gays say "I hate liberals", when they mean "I hate gays".

In football the anti-gays say "I hate soft players with no heart", when they mean "I hate gays".

LOL

Yeah, this much became obvious after reading a huge chunk of his bio about Kerry Rhodes.

In society the anti-gays say "I hate liberals", when they mean "I hate gays".

In football the anti-gays say "I hate soft players with no heart", when they mean "I hate gays".

What do they say when they hate soft players?

The HC really has little to do w team leadership in the locker room and in the NFL O and D units are really run separately. Jets actually have good, strong leadership on the defensive side. It's the O that's been a mess. Really the job of the GM to fix such problems.

Besides not being a good schematic fit, Sam would be just fine on the Jets.

Rex has only had one losing season. 

The '06 Jets were doomed the second Tannenbaum traded for that bum Tebow. 

Rex had 4 win talent and got 8 wins last year. 

Rex had playoff potential talent the 2 previous years, and he lost the team by the end of both seasons, and made no playoff appearances.

Like I said, let's pretend the previous 2 years never happened. In fact, let's laud Rex with "great leadership" accolades because he ONLY KEPT HIS JOB by winning 3 of the last 4 games this year.

Beating the Raiders, Browns and Dolphins. Literally the 3 biggest clown shows in the league right now.

Rex had 4 win talent and got 8 wins last year. 

Rex had playoff potential talent the 2 previous years, and he lost the team by the end of both seasons, and made no playoff appearances.

Like I said, let's pretend the previous 2 years never happened. In fact, let's laud Rex with "great leadership" accolades because he ONLY KEPT HIS JOB by winning 3 of the last 4 games this year.

Beating the Raiders, Browns and Dolphins. Literally the 3 biggest clown shows in the league right now.

He did not have playoff talent in '06. 

Archived