The Curse of the Black Pearl - Mafia - game over

Leelou

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said, if all you've got me on is being wrong how you got the coin, it doesn't matter... because I still got it.... even in the post-game you are obsessed with letting me make you look foolish.

Also, do you really want to exonerate Pac of the stupidity of his play? Because you are, in a round-about way.

No I'm not absolving Pac, see above... , you were pretty obviously scum by day 3 and I said I would lynch you next... And before you get all butthurt, the fact that I knew you were scum is a compliment.. You don't play that poorly as town and I said so 3 times, one of which you tried to attribute to 80

Lol....good game Ape. Should have followed my gut.

I thought for a sec this afternoon it was crush/ape (that post was serious), but I talked myself into lily and one of you two

Damn...wanted this one

You played very well, as usual. Don't beat yourself up. I'm not exactly a slouch at playing scum.

No I'm not absolving Pac, see above... , you were pretty obviously scum by day 3 and I said I would lynch you next... And before you get all butthurt, the fact that I knew you were scum is a compliment.. You don't play that poorly as town and I sad so 3 times, one of which you tried to attribute to 80

I'm not getting butthurt, no worries. I'm just trying to get some laughs with you guys before I try to go catch up on sleep. We were up about every 45 minutes last night, the baby was part of it, but not wholly responsible... just a nightmare night. We're both zombies today.

Lol....good game Ape. Should have followed my gut.

I thought for a sec this afternoon it was crush/ape (that post was serious), but I talked myself into lily and one of you two

Damn...wanted this one

Don't forget, you made the one single good town play - and you named both Crusher and I in the end.

And all that really matters is we had fun.  That was the most fun I've had on a scum team since SMC's Inception game.

I noticed....lmao

Crusher, Ape, and I all voted CTM, in successive posts, within 2 minutes of each other for the lynch.  Yet after I flipped scum no one came out voting Ape or Crusher.  That's astonishingly bad town play.

Eh...I knew crusher, just didn't go back and case yet. Was thinking PAC was gonna wait til the VC analysis, but I can't really blame him on voting lily. Terrible call on my part.

I got what you were doing, and why your perspective on Pac would be different given your doc role. I don't think you owe anyone an apology.

agreed... if I was doc I'd have not mentall vetted pac and probably have lynched him for the verbal flip flop... 

I'm dumb -- PAC didn't vote. Sorry about that.

I'm excited for the next game.  Mafia is fun again.  Keeping out the DMers was crucial.  Well done Leelou!

We need more of the old regulars to come back, and soon.

This x10000000

Thanks, but I'll wear my Scum MVP badge. I earned it.

Pfff...team effort. I should have put together an analysis, would have caught the CTM train. I've been a little time crunched the past few days, but that's no excuse. In retrospect, you played it as well as you could. Don't beat yourself up.

You played very well, as usual. Don't beat yourself up. I'm not exactly a slouch at playing scum.

Could have been phenomenal instead of very well. Was right on the cusp of an amazing turn around...just couldn't quite make it happen. 80 said it best though, that was a blast. All 3 of you played great. Funny thing is I ALMOST suggested lynching crush just to be sure and buy us time. I figured if we DID have a doc plus found the coin it'd make it really tough for scum to get a NK in.

I also thought after I got off the board, ishys death had to condemn crush. I don't remember crush being on anyone's list at the time, you and others still we're talking about ishy. I just didn't pull the trigger. Seriously though -- great game by the lot of you.

We need Hess!!

Basically, yes

We all played like sh*t love, this was a team loss.

Except AwesomeVM. Dude played like a boss.

I disagree. I figured it out at the end, but didn't do enough about it. After killing 80, if I came in with "we have to kill crush" I think he gets lynched. Key word is think, though. That woulda bought us time and ape would have had to hit right and not had the coin again.

Still...I was almost convinced Lily was scum. I know I hit in crush/ape...but the more I talked the more I was convinced it was her and crush.

I disagree. I figured it out at the end, but didn't do enough about it. After killing 80, if I came in with "we have to kill crush" I think he gets lynched. Key word is think, though. That woulda bought us time and ape would have had to hit right and not had the coin again.

Still...I was almost convinced Lily was scum. I know I hit in crush/ape...but the more I talked the more I was convinced it was her and crush.

ApeVM ;)

Guess what... no matter your choice... you were right!

I was so close to shooting one of you two last night. I actually typed out in a PM before deleting it (and there's no way to prove this, so it's just my word): "**** it, shoot the ape!! Go big or go home!!!" Then switched Ape to Crush....

Then I thought about the cost of being wrong, and knew 80 was the smart play. I don't know if you did it intentionally or not, but you showed all your town tells like I said. And crush was just numbers wise I figured it had to be him.

Heck, 80 screamed to me "HEY AVM IM SCUM!!" half the game and still did enough to keep me off him as my #1 til after CTMs death. Pretty damn impressive

I was so close to shooting one of you two last night. I actually typed out in a PM before deleting it (and there's no way to prove this, so it's just my word): "**** it, shoot the ape!! Go big or go home!!!" Then switched Ape to Crush....

Then I thought about the cost of being wrong, and knew 80 was the smart play. I don't know if you did it intentionally or not, but you showed all your town tells like I said. And crush was just numbers wise I figured it had to be him.

Heck, 80 screamed to me "HEY AVM IM SCUM!!" half the game and still did enough to keep me off him as my #1 til after CTMs death. Pretty damn impressive

Yeah, 80 played stupid - as usual. We were just fortunate that it got lost in Pac's brilliance.

I had a BPV and Crusher had the coin last night, you made the right choice.

And yes, I was doing everything I could to hit the town tells I knew I could.

Yeah, 80 played stupid - as usual. We were just fortunate that it got lost in Pac's brilliance.

I had a BPV and Crusher had the coin last night, you made the right choice.

I was a juggernaut -- would have killed either of you.

**i may be wrong, Leelou can correct me if I am

Town lost because of Pac. There's really no 2nd reason.

I got him to flip over to voting Verbal.

He told us who the doc was, which also narrowed our cop hunting and helped us guess right to take control of the coin.

He lynched Nolder with JIF-like town-crushing ease.

I got him to flip over to CTM rather than voting me.

He played so bad that Lily put a vote on him in the end, for good reasons.

Done deal.

Pac assumes the mantle of ScumMVP. 

Nothing JIF or I have ever done compares to this level of complete town decimation in every single day and aspect of a game.

I already admitted I didn't play up to my standards but lets not act like I haven't been calling you and 80 scum for over 24 hours... 

But to this rubbish above?

- You didn't get me to switch to Verbal.  You may think you did but you didn't.  I don't even remember what you were saying at the time.  I thought about his recklessness and didn't want him alive to shoot me next.

- I "told you where the doc was" is nonsense.  I had garnered a couple quick votes and everyone but Ishy said they would be willing to vote me.  Lets not act like I wasn't going to get run up to L2 where I would have done the same thing anyway.  I quickly put an end to the train so we could concentrate on the real suspects.

- You got me to flip to CTM lol?  Actually AVM did.  I agreed with his case and CTM usually puts in more effort as town.  It turns out he wasn't putting forth his best due to obligations with work.  So AVM and my reads weren't really that off.

- I sort of kind of see why Lily voted me but not really...  I mean there was a coin in the game and no one countered me so my claim shouldn't have been that strange to her.

So all in all did I play a great game?  No.  Did I absolutely nail you and 80 at end game?  yeah..  Crush is the only one that escaped criticism but had I ever gotten around to checking his interaction with 80 I might have gotten him too.

yeah.. so this is the part where you claim victory for getting me to respond to your obvious troll post.

Would have been interesting to see it play out..  for some dumb reason I was thinking there was only 1 left but I would have only voted Crush or Ape -- by that point I was sure Lily wouldn't be brass balling the thread the way she was as scum.

So the fun part would have been me arguing to kill Ape and you trying for Lily..  assuming neither of us would have died at night.

Good job moderating Leelou..  was fun!

Would have been interesting to see it play out..  for some dumb reason I was thinking there was only 1 left but I would have only voted Crush or Ape -- by that point I was sure Lily wouldn't be brass balling the thread the way she was as scum.

So the fun part would have been me arguing to kill Ape and you trying for Lily..  assuming neither of us would have died at night.

Good job moderating Leelou..  was fun!

Without a doubt.  If we did go that route and lynch crush, they'd NK you.  I was pretty vocal against Lily there at the end.

Now if you had gotten the coin again...well...town wins.  Under that scenario it's clear you and Lily are both telling the truth, we lynch Ape, amazing comeback.  However, the 75% chance that you didn't get the coin leaves it me, Ape, Lily and I almost assuredly vote to lynch Lily.  And I would have been painful and slow about it too...so let's all be thankful for that, lol.

Can't agree on your last point enough -- loved the game Leelou, thank you so much!

I wasnt dying I had the coin.  LOL

Get some rest Drew..  the first year stinks in that regard but as you know there's nothing more fullfilling.  I wonder if we'll all still be posting when it's time for you to regal us with stories how you instantly knew which potential suitors were good or bad choices for your girl.

Wait when is Hess' baby coming?  If that isn't a match made in heaven...

I already admitted I didn't play up to my standards but lets not act like I haven't been calling you and 80 scum for over 24 hours... 

But to this rubbish above?

- You didn't get me to switch to Verbal.  You may think you did but you didn't.  I don't even remember what you were saying at the time.  I thought about his recklessness and didn't want him alive to shoot me next.

- I "told you where the doc was" is nonsense.  I had garnered a couple quick votes and everyone but Ishy said they would be willing to vote me.  Lets not act like I wasn't going to get run up to L2 where I would have done the same thing anyway.  I quickly put an end to the train so we could concentrate on the real suspects.

- You got me to flip to CTM lol?  Actually AVM did.  I agreed with his case and CTM usually puts in more effort as town.  It turns out he wasn't putting forth his best due to obligations with work.  So AVM and my reads weren't really that off.

- I sort of kind of see why Lily voted me but not really...  I mean there was a coin in the game and no one countered me so my claim shouldn't have been that strange to her.

So all in all did I play a great game?  No.  Did I absolutely nail you and 80 at end game?  yeah..  Crush is the only one that escaped criticism but had I ever gotten around to checking his interaction with 80 I might have gotten him too.

yeah.. so this is the part where you claim victory for getting me to respond to your obvious troll post.

- You paraphrased me about verbal nearly word-for-word. Nothing you say makes that any less true.

- You obviously didn't consider for one second that scum might have shot someone else, thus in revealing you were the coin-holder, you confirmed for the scum team that the reason the shot on Lily failed was because she was probably the doc. Yes, you did confirm it.

- AVM's case on CTM was my case on CTM. He just put more work into it. We were both saying he was scum, for the same reasons. Worked you, like a bitch.

- Your claim also in no way made you a lock for town. Doc's point of view is you, telling everyone there is no doc, and that you had a coin. None of the other stuff in your pea brain matters, all she knows is she was doc, listening to you say there wasn't one. It took all I had to hold back from casing you on it, but it would have revealed that we knew there was a doc.

- You named me and 80 when there was like 6 people left. After being wrong about everything else... and I know better than anything that it's not who you say is scum, it's who you get lynched. You sucked.

And you just swallowed my turds.

Get some rest Drew..  the first year stinks in that regard but as you know there's nothing more fullfilling.  I wonder if we'll all still be posting when it's time for you to regal us with stories how you instantly knew which potential suitors were good or bad choices for your girl.

Wait when is Hess' baby coming?  If that isn't a match made in heaven...

*shudders*

Oh boy.

... and thank you. :)

Archived