Aliens Mafia - Game Over man, game over

Leelou

I've gone as far down that path as I'm willing to.

I'm so over-booked at work right now it's insane, I am barely getting to spend time with the baby on week nights. I only able to post in a cluster right now because I'm taking a poo at home.

Last game reminded me that I have to dial back and de-prioritize this sh*t.

I miss going back and forth with you man but definitely put the baby first. Congrats btw. :) ypu make a great dad

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You still ignored the quotes I put up about you. And the post where I quoted 80 breadcrumbing a bomb it other type of negative role if someone where to target him.

You mean this crap? Thought this was just derp stream of consciousness, but if you'd like my opinion of it, sure.

I'm still waiting for a couple explanations

Still waiting to hear back

Also. I pressured 80 three different times and look who ran to his rescue

So if he took out a power role we should of speed lynched him? Seems counter productive if he is as he claims.

That seems odd when I was just questioning his line of logic. If 80 was my top suspect I'd attack him relentlessly

Yes you pressured someone who killed scum on Day One. Nice job. If my giving him an "attaboy" reads as coming to his rescue, not going to apologize that for that. Where I think we disagree is that you don't seem to understand that 80 shooting Verb early on D1 isn't a scumtell for him. A real scumtell would be if one or the other didn't shoot at the other.

Secondly, had he shot the Cop or Doc, of course I'd advocate running him up. But he didn't. I only deal in what happened, not what may have happened. Take a big gamble and it pays off, you get kudos from me. Take the same gamble and get burned, you deserve what you get. And no, I see no hypocrisy there.

I've gone as far down that path as I'm willing to. 

I'm so over-booked at work right now it's insane, I am barely getting to spend time with the baby on week nights. I only able to post in a cluster right now because I'm taking a poo at home. 

Last game reminded me that I have to dial back and de-prioritize this sh*t.

that is gross... should policy vote for tmi

@ishy I do. Odds are he had more chance of shooting town. But that's been established the him and verb thing. I've been away. No way for me to know unless you think I'm clairvoyant.

I'm also talking about the other times Ishy. That wasn't the only thing I quoted

@CTM Read further down. Ishy said it wasn't remotely true. And it is. Just bumping so he'll respond. He's already looked over it twice.

And I bumped that time cause ape said what, when I changed my vote. Just making it readily available

seems like a strange reaction, I think more likely scum would react to that and start wondering if he's a bomb or not. Town, maybe a passing thought, but you are a bit fixated

unvote

vote Jack

welcome back jack!

@CTM Read further down. Ishy said it wasn't remotely true. And it is. Just bumping so he'll respond. He's already looked over it twice.

And I bumped that time cause ape said what, when I changed my vote. Just making it readily available

Because I read it as the usual wagging his dick at the scum schtick. Or he could have a BPV. Or any number of things. I swear, you keep throwing these unrealistic role possibilities out there for him. A scum who shot his teammate. A cop with a kill ability. A vig who's also a bomb. Or a Watcher. Dude must be the most roled up player in mafia history. None of it is realistic and for you to keep fearmongering is weaksauce.,

L-2 wasn't a bad spot to keep him ape lol

And I didn't suggest monkey I asked why you didn't leave him at L-2. I didn't say you should of.

You didn't ask that. You said it wasn't a bad spot to keep him, which is more of a suggestion than you asking me why I didn't do it.

Liar.

Because I read it as the usual wagging his dick at the scum schtick. Or he could have a BPV. Or any number of things. I swear, you keep throwing these unrealistic role possibilities out there for him. A scum who shot his teammate. A cop with a kill ability. A vig who's also a bomb. Or a Watcher. Dude must be the most roled up player in mafia history. None of it is realistic and for you to keep fearmongering is weaksauce.,

Unvote Ishy

Lol Ishy. I never said that. I said I doubt them making him cop+vig. Before I knew about verb and his pissing contest it seemed like he'd have to have supernatural knowledge. Why else use a one shot ability 10 min into game. And whn I hinted at bomb/other role it made me doubt he even had the shot.

I miss going back and forth with you man but definitely put the baby first. Congrats btw. :) ypu make a great dad

Thanks Jack. I love being a Dad, it's the best. 

that is gross... should policy vote for tmi

I started eating this sprouted brown rice cereal in the mornings. My sh*ts are Paul Bunyan quality.

I'm not seeing the case on Ishy. Is it just because he's quiet? Or something more? He has defeated me as scum, and I wouldn't mind voting him if I saw half a reason. (Yes, women hold grudges. At least this one does.)

*gulps*

Don't hurt me again babe.

Okay, maybe just a little.

You didn't ask that. You said it wasn't a bad spot to keep him, which is more of a suggestion than you asking me why I didn't do it.

Liar.

Sorry. Wasn't a lie though. Just didn't write down everything I type on a note pad so I can look at my exact phrasing. ;p and when I work I'm on my cell phone so I don't feel like going through page to page and see exactly how I phrase a sentence

seems like a strange reaction, I think more likely scum would react to that and start wondering if he's a bomb or not. Town, maybe a passing thought, but you are a bit fixated

unvote

vote Jack

welcome back jack!

Thanks. And I wasn't fixated on him saying it. I just mentioned it in passing. I shy's over defensive stance calling me crazy for noticing it is what I latched on to.

Thanks. And I wasn't fixated on him saying it. I just mentioned it in passing. I shy's over defensive stance calling me crazy for noticing it is what I latched on to.

Pointing out a flaw in logic =/= overdefensiveness.

Sorry. Wasn't a lie though. Just didn't write down everything I type on a note pad so I can look at my exact phrasing. ;p and when I work I'm on my cell phone so I don't feel like going through page to page and see exactly how I phrase a sentence

Don't be a smartass about it.

If you don't want to be held accountable for what you say, and for telling us you didn't say something you did... then stop saying so much. 

If you don't want to be held accountable for what you say, and for telling us you didn't say something you did... then stop saying so much.

I thought being a smartass was a prerequisite. And I didn't say what you said I said either lol. It was in between both of our memories

pot - kettle

Pointing out a flaw in logic =/= overdefensiveness.

After this I'm done with this line.

1. I didn't say he had all those combo roles. I even said the mod wouldn't role someone up like that (or something similar to that)

2. I read his calling for an attack by the mafia to mean he had a bomb role or something close, leading me to doubt his shot claim and lend more credence to the him on a team with someone with a shot or something else then just what he laid at our feet.

3. You said I was crazy and he never said it, I posted where I got the insight at and how I was lead to believe it.

4. Anytime I've mentioned anything counter to what 80 said you were there with a different line of thinking picking up for him. To me it read as defensive.

And that's it :)

I thought being a smartass was a prerequisite. And I didn't say what you said I said either lol. It was in between both of our memories

Unvote

Vote Jack

Even I can't operate with this much muddling going on.

pot - kettle

I always expect to be held accountable for what I say, which is why when I try very, very hard (no matter what "act" I'm putting on) to choose my words very carefully.

Unvote

Vote Jack

Even I can't operate with this much muddling going on.

I always expect to be held accountable for what I say, which is why when I try very, very hard (no matter what "act" I'm putting on) to choose my words very carefully.

On my laptop now

We've had a loose cannon for a vig

JiF trying to hang himself

Pac FoS'ing anyone who votes for him

People voting without reason 

People not talking or posting fluff 

and you go after an active poster who's trying figure this out.

I don't see what I've done as muddling. I play the same or close to the same that i left off with, mostly for entertainment value but im also gunna beat the grass and look for snakes or try and see what I can get to shake loose.

to quote you mister monkey, or as close as I can from the top of my head, "I like to make my own things shake loose."

So if you'd prefer I went all Smash and phoned it in and lurked, or do what some others have well, I'm sure I can accommodate, but don't say I've muddled when if I haven't found information out directly I've at least got people posting and wondering. And dont credit me as the lone creator when others have done stuff thats been less conducive to gain information and actual play for this game.

On my laptop now

and you go after an active poster who's trying figure this out.

I don't see what I've done as muddling. I play the same or close to the same that i left off with, mostly for entertainment value but im also gunna beat the grass and look for snakes or try and see what I can get to shake loose.

to quote you mister monkey, or as close as I can from the top of my head, "I like to make my own things shake loose."

So if you'd prefer I went all Smash and phoned it in and lurked, or do what some others have well, I'm sure I can accommodate, but don't say I've muddled when if I haven't found information out directly I've at least got people posting and wondering. And dont credit me as the lone creator when others have done stuff thats been less conducive to gain information and actual play for this game.

Don't sh*t in my hand and call it a sammich... You aren't trying to figure anything out.

What you are posting is a lot of illogical nonsense and/or stuff that trolls people into arguing with you over game irrelevant crap. You keep inciting arguments over who said what, not just with me, you are doing it with a couple of people. So far all I've "figured out" is that your play, has taken the focus away from each of those items you've brought up.

As for these things:

Since when is he a vig? I thought you said he soft claimed bomb or watcher? All we "have" is 80 taking credit for shooting verbal. Nothing more, nothing less.

So what? Should we indulge him and all scurry over and vote him? I prefer to let it ride re: JIF and see what more surfaces as the game goes on.

Null tell. He is a stupid vagina.

Who cares? This happens all the time. Only inexperienced players over on DM obsess over trying to make it see scummy. Votes without reason are a null tell, and happen all the time - especially here on JN inside the first 10 pages of a game (which is when I think most of the ones you are focused on happened).

Again, who cares? Fluff happens here, especially early D1. It's a null tell as well.

In summary, I think you are introducing all sorts of illogical theories - without a plan for how to measure responses to them. Normally, I'm fine with logic traps. However, you don't seem intent on weighing responses or seeing who runs with the bad logic, thus it doesn't resonate as a trap. If you were intent on scum hunting, then you wouldn't be prone to immediately back-pedaling and over-defensive posturing. 

So, I think you are potentially scum - who thinks blatant scummy play may be a path to survival by wifom. 

The warship Sulaco hovered over LV-426 and the dropship descended towards the planet. All the way down to the surface, 2 people were bickering.

"Your a fag"..."It's 'you're'"..."**** you"..."DIAF"..."I'm going to shoot you in the face"..."Not if I jab a pencil through your left eye socket first"...

They went on like this for the entire trip. As the dropship landed, a shot rang out and Verbal dropped to the ground, clutching his face as he bled out and died. 

Verbal, a member of the Weyland corporation, has died. 

It is still day. 

Verb was shot. I'd think Alien is the SK. So 80 chances of vig increases. 

He didn't. I was laughing at that face verb must have had when he logged in and realized he was outsmarted by a half wit.

Vote Count

80 (6) - Verbal, CTM, Ishy, Crushlove, Green, Hess

Smash (2) - AVM, JiF

Jack (1) - Lily

Ape (1) - Jack

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

First ping of the game goes to this bubblehead.  Reason being he is completely new to the game and 2 days ago didn't even know the difference between day and night in mafia.

What compelled him to unvote here without any explanation?  Not wanting to blind lynch is usually indicative of seasoned players who want to get a reveal.  At that point everyone was into lynching 80 so what better way to ingratiate yourself to everyone than by being part of the fun lynch?

It reeks of someone not wanting to be on a train of someone who would have flipped town. 

Take note BeeGee...  You are now on my radar.  If you are not town it would be advisable to plead for a quick death. 

Scum tells ^^^^^

I am town.

And you haven't done 1 thing in this game resembling actual game play.  You voted 80, jumped to Crusher without explanation, jumped when he got to close to being lynched, and are now planting your disgusting vote on a typically easy lynch in myself.

Liar.

You mean this crap? Thought this was just derp stream of consciousness, but if you'd like my opinion of it, sure.

Yes you pressured someone who killed scum on Day One. Nice job. If my giving him an "attaboy" reads as coming to his rescue, not going to apologize that for that. Where I think we disagree is that you don't seem to understand that 80 shooting Verb early on D1 isn't a scumtell for him. A real scumtell would be if one or the other didn't shoot at the other.

Secondly, had he shot the Cop or Doc, of course I'd advocate running him up. But he didn't. I only deal in what happened, not what may have happened. Take a big gamble and it pays off, you get kudos from me. Take the same gamble and get burned, you deserve what you get. And no, I see no hypocrisy there.

These 2 posts are the most you'ver ever typed here...cumulatively.

You're on my list.

Pac, Ishy, Crusher and 80 duh but you guys are ******* morons.

@Ape I've got three letters for you lolz GFY

I'm gunna break down my thinking for you. I'm not back pedaling, and I haven't done so.

First thing, Verbal gets shot and 80 claims he's the vig who did it.

My thinking: hey this is pretty good. Got scum so it's a plus. Then I got wondering why someone would shoot a one time ability blindly so I ask questions.

When I ask questions I get jumped on for asking them. Ishy looks to be defending 80. It comes off as scummy.

Crush' vote also read as scummy.

I've concentrated on Ishy, and 80 and slightly on crush. I've been joke posting around with you for sentiment.

I see one thing that comes off as scummy and I hound it until it's a dead end or something shakes loose then go on that trail.

And if day one is all nonsensical votes and fluff posts why are mine under scrutiny?

I even posted about nowhere verb being called scum, and not knowing what we were up against and tried to work a little set up to get the game moving.

But ape if I'm not welcome in your club or wanted in these games you can just say it. You don't have to hand me back handed remarks about dm and new players. There's more forums then this one and there will be more games following this one. If I'm an annoyance or a bother I can quickly remove that inposition for you.

Now I'm out

Verb was shot. I'd think Alien is the SK. So 80 chances of vig increases. 

The best part of his reveal, he told the Doctor to not protect him...as if anyone in their right mind would protect that ******* moron.

@Ape I've got three letters for you lolz GFY

I'm gunna break down my thinking for you. I'm not back pedaling, and I haven't done so.

First thing, Verbal gets shot and 80 claims he's the vig who did it.

My thinking: hey this is pretty good. Got scum so it's a plus. Then I got wondering why someone would shoot a one time ability blindly so I ask questions.

When I ask questions I get jumped on for asking them. Ishy looks to be defending 80. It comes off as scummy.

Crush' vote also read as scummy.

I've concentrated on Ishy, and 80 and slightly on crush. I've been joke posting around with you for sentiment.

I see one thing that comes off as scummy and I hound it until it's a dead end or something shakes loose then go on that trail.

And if day one is all nonsensical votes and fluff posts why are mine under scrutiny?

I even posted about nowhere verb being called scum, and not knowing what we were up against and tried to work a little set up to get the game moving.

But ape if I'm not welcome in your club or wanted in these games you can just say it. You don't have to hand me back handed remarks about dm and new players. There's more forums then this one and there will be more games following this one. If I'm an annoyance or a bother I can quickly remove that inposition for you.

Now I'm out

I ******* love you bro.  You're the best.  Everything you've said makes perfect sense to me.  The Ape is the worst.  Dont let him bother you.

Vote Count

80 (6) - Verbal, CTM, Ishy, Crushlove, Hess, Pac

Smash (2) - AVM, JiF

Jack (1) - Lily

Ape (1) - Jack

Green (1) - Ape

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

Also, first thing 80 sees is this VC already on page 5 as he enters the game. Verb first on the list...rolling a couple different variables around (ongoing feud, wanting to use the power before he's speed lynched, being a, basically, incredibly excitable psycho, I get it. 

The post Jack is all over about bomb stuff is just a sort hail mary of a wifom. I do sh*t like that all the time. 

I don't see how JiF could play this off as scummy. I don't see what Jack's talking about. Why are they both practically begging to get lynched?

Archived