Have the Jets really released Holmes?

NYJetsVets91

I saw the thread earlier, and even posted on it... but after looking into it a bit more not so sure that it isn't just speculation.

http://thejetsblog.com/nyjets/buzz-did-jets-release-santonio-holmes-or-not/

Buzz: Did Jets release Santonio Holmes or not? March 7th, 2014 5:32 pm

While this is a transaction that is seen as practically inevitable, there are conflicting reports today on whether Santonio Holmes has been released.

Following an earlier report from Turn on the Jets that he had been released, the New York Post’s Brian Costello checked into it:

We’ll wait for official confirmation, but this may simply be a case where a decision has already been made but the paperwork has yet to be filed rather than an erroneous report.

Even if (or when) Holmes is (or was) released, the small possibility exists that the team is open to bringing him back at a much lower salary, but most of the media seems to be operating on the assumption that this won’t happen. The team has remained typically tight-lipped on the subject.

Business has obviously picked up over the last couple of days though, so this is probably just another transaction you can expect to hear confirmation of in the days to come.

Tweet from Brian Costello: Brian Costello @BrianCoz

Getting some questions about Santonio Holmes. Nothing has changed. He's still on the roster. #nyj

Surprised Bassett hasn't just called GM Tom Gamble for a quote yet.

OH!

That is brutal. Funny, but brutal.

Of all of the things we have done wrong here, we have managed to avoid jumping the gun on headlines.  It is tempting, especially when the move is inevitable.  1st Round draft pick signs, Holmes getting cut etc.  Being right is more important than the cheap traffic spike from being first.

(I didn't read the links above, so I am not saying anyone is doing that with the Holmes story today).

Of all of the things we have done wrong here, we have managed to avoid jumping the gun on headlines.  It is tempting, especially when the move is inevitable.  1st Round draft pick signs, Holmes getting cut etc.  Being right is more important than the cheap traffic spike from being first.

(I didn't read the links above, so I am not saying anyone is doing that with the Holmes story today).

I did and I'm firmly willing to say it. Tommy Tomatoes prematured all over that thread, just so he could drive his click rate up. That Sonofabitch. 

Of all of the things we have done wrong here, we have managed to avoid jumping the gun on headlines. It is tempting, especially when the move is inevitable. 1st Round draft pick signs, Holmes getting cut etc. Being right is more important than the cheap traffic spike from being first.

This sounds like sour grapes because Cimini beat you to the Sanchez story today

Um calling Tom Shane report to the webmaster's office

Archived