John Idzik's latest fumbling of free agents leads to more Gang Groans for NY Jets fans

eboozer

If I remember correctly, I believe the Jets have spent about $95 million, that's with Sanchez on the roster. The cap floor is $119 million. When (if?) they cut/restructure Sanchez, that'll be another how much to spend?

They'll have to spend at least another $25 million, just to hit the cap floor. Something's going to happen. Stop acting like hormonal teenage girls. Christ, Tannenbaum made big splashes in free agency, and look at how that worked out.

The floor is over a 4 year period.

Check out the article I posted to get an understanding of what's ahead of us.... and remember, I don't want to talk to you until it's time for you to send me my Jersey!!

:bwahaharoll:

Congratulations John Idzik!

The Jets rank last in "NFL Estimated Cash Spending" at $88,927,975 (just behind the Raiders) and Cash to Cap Ratio of .881

We'll see if Mr. Idzik can repeat this feat next year, as the Jets slowly build for a wild-card appearance in 2016

Keep up the good work.

http://overthecap.com/nfl-cash-space.php?Year=2014

LOL, pathetic. Just pathetic. We had a chance to improve the team THIS year and he passes the buck like this.

#ThanksIdzik

Check out the article I posted to get an understanding of what's ahead of us.... and remember, I don't want to talk to you until it's time for you to send me my Jersey!!

:bwahaharoll:

Okay, just wait. I'll take that custom "dreamer" Jersey and wear it proudly.

Posted Today, 06:34 PM

http://www.ganggreen...e-the-benjamins

The following excerpts are for JIF, who always puts TL;DR on long articles

So, if you're still with me, and your eyes haven't glazed over yet, the Jets will be forced to spend about $23 million more than the Floor over the two years 2015 - 2016.

So if Sanchez is cut, the Jets will be required under the Floor to spend $34 million more than the cumulative Floor in years 2015 -2016.

Let's assume the Cap goes up about 5%, or $7 million, to $140 million in 2015, and rises another 5% to $147 million in 2016. If that were to happen, then the Floor for 2015-2016 combined would be 89% of $287 million, or $255 million. But the Jets would be required by the Floor to make up the $34 million shortfall they accumulated in 2013-2014, so the Jets would be required to spend $289 million in Cash Spending. In other words, in 2015-2016, the Jets may well be required by the Floor to have Cash Spending in excess of the aggregate Salary Cap for those two years.

The implication is just this: the Jets will be virtually required to spend, and spend big, in 2015-2016. In order to just reach the Floor, the Jets will be virtually required to dole out $29+ million in signing bonuses, at a bare minimum, and to sign contracts that in the aggregate dole out an average of at least $145 million or so in Cash Spending in each of the next two years.

Posted Today, 06:34 PM

http://www.ganggreen...e-the-benjamins

The following excerpts are for JIF, who always puts TL;DR on long articles

So, if you're still with me, and your eyes haven't glazed over yet, the Jets will be forced to spend about $23 million more than the Floor over the two years 2015 - 2016.

So if Sanchez is cut, the Jets will be required under the Floor to spend $34 million more than the cumulative Floor in years 2015 -2016.

Let's assume the Cap goes up about 5%, or $7 million, to $140 million in 2015, and rises another 5% to $147 million in 2016. If that were to happen, then the Floor for 2015-2016 combined would be 89% of $287 million, or $255 million. But the Jets would be required by the Floor to make up the $34 million shortfall they accumulated in 2013-2014, so the Jets would be required to spend $289 million in Cash Spending. In other words, in 2015-2016, the Jets may well be required by the Floor to have Cash Spending in excess of the aggregate Salary Cap for those two years.

The implication is just this: the Jets will be virtually required to spend, and spend big, in 2015-2016. In order to just reach the Floor, the Jets will be virtually required to dole out $29+ million in signing bonuses, at a bare minimum, and to sign contracts that in the aggregate dole out an average of at least $145 million or so in Cash Spending in each of the next two years.

tl;dr

Bleedin' Green named it. 

You guys were younger then, probably didn't realize what a horde of fagolas you sounded like making up nicknames to represent which side of the argument you supported.

It's okay. It's endemic to our society. 

You guys were younger then, probably didn't realize what a horde of fagolas you sounded like making up nicknames to represent which side of the argument you supported.

Yeah, I was so much younger then. That was all the way back in my late-30s.

Idzik's undoing will be NOT signing Revis when he had the chance - and at a reasonable rate as well. Not only did he weaken the Jets with his malaise he helped strengthen the hated Patriots. I hope when Revis gets his first pick against the Jets he signs it and gives the ball to Woody the turnip. That is the banana peel Iggy is standing on.

Idzik's undoing will be NOT signing Revis when he had the chance - and at a reasonable rate as well. Not only did he weaken the Jets with his malaise he helped strengthen the hated Patriots. I hope when Revis gets his first pick against the Jets he signs it and gives the ball to Woody the turnip. That is the banana peel Iggy is standing on.

Is it completely lost on you that Revis wanted nothing to do with coming back here? 

actually my simple minded friend, it was made up by the mod buzzsaw who was a Pennington fanboy and we ran with it as a goof... Kind of like you, running with Ape

Reasonable? What barely 8-8 team is going to spend that much on a cb that is a headache? Revis doesn't win us any games and would have only been a newspaper back page signing.

actually my simple minded friend, it was made up by the mod buzzsaw who was a Pennington fanboy and we ran with it as a goof... Kind of like you, running with Ape

I guess I struck a nerve... okay, okay... the record has been set straight. Everyone say "thanks, CTM".

Reasonable? What barely 8-8 team is going to spend that much on a cb that is a headache? Revis doesn't win us any games and would have only been a newspaper back page signing.

Ignore him. 

If he hasn't figured out how Revis' agent used the Ryan <3 Revis rumor to propel his client to New England, then he's either thick or choosing not to see it. 

The icing on the cake was the way his agent trolled Jet fans after the deal was done on twitter. You know both Revis and his fagola agent have been waiting to grind that axe with the Jets since last year. 

If Revis thought Schiano was a prick, wait until he gets a taste of Bellichek!!! I bet those two start going at it by the 5th week of the season.

I think Belichick gets away with a lot of BS with his players because of his record that might get other coaches strangled. 

Hoping Revis slits that locker room! Him and Browner will set Bill straight.... They both grew up with "player's coaches" in the NFL.

Hoping Revis slits that locker room! Him and Browner will set Bill straight.... They both grew up with "player's coaches" in the NFL.

Nobody cares if you win.   They might get pissed when they leave or get cut, but guys like Corey DIllon, Rany Moss, etc were good for that team.   When Moss was being a baby, they didn't really use him and he was cut.      All that works when you win.

It's kind of the "players coach" and Rex is great when you win, but when they were losing,  the Jets locker room was in shambles a couple seasons ago.

Archived