Movie Madness Mafia - Good vs Evil

Pac

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, and lynch pardon does make sense.....but it would be on herself most likely.  This is why the Ape's idea of running somebody else up and then testing Hallia this way is better.

If the CL, she prob can't pardon another player.

I am not sure we can assume that, I'd rather her not use the power tbh as we don't know if it ends the day. If it ends the day that would not be good.

So what's the plan? We pick someone for Hallia to save.

If the person is saved we lost a lynch and vetted what? That Hallia had the ability to protect from a lynch. Only in a game with three faction that means squat because scum and wolves could easily have this ability.

If she's fibbing then we lost the chance to get rid of her when we should have. Plus we STILL don't know if she's CL or not. She might just be scum or a recruit.

I fail to see how this would help us locate the CL. Right now it feels like we'll be in square one the next day if we play around with her claim.

I am not sure we can assume that, I'd rather her not use the power tbh as we don't know if it ends the day. If it ends the day that would not be good.

If I remember correctly, she confirmed that it does end the day.

Jif being untouchable at night is eating away at my paranoid side. Makes a lot of sense for a CL power. Last thing Pac would want is the CL randomly nightkilled with 2 killing scum factions

And by doing so we lose a lynch today. Brilliant plan!  My money is on her bluffing this claim but I don't agree with your stance at all.

Um, that isn't my stance anymore.  I agree with Ape's plan, as I mentioned.  Make her vet herself by using the power on somebody else.  The CL likely can't do that.  Yes, it loses the power - but I think finding the CL is more important.

>.>

This sounds nothing like you.

You should listen more often, then.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.  I love being right.

I almost ****ed up the LD role.  Not on purpose - experienced players make mistakes, too.  I made what could have been a HUGE one, but recovered and got him lynched.  So I was still right, even though I used the role poorly.  I haven't used a LD role in years.

So this vote is just dumb.

You haven't used a LD in years? Oh, then that explains why you would ignore people saying "I am town" and instead check an ambiguous statement that has no bearing on learning alignment.

The more you defend this, the better I feel about it, tbh.

Not sure why you keep pressing why it's not good if she uses it, a mislynch is not good, possibly worse... Lynching anyone other than CL is not good, tbh. 

Jif being untouchable at night is eating away at my paranoid side. Makes a lot of sense for a CL power. Last thing Pac would want is the CL randomly nightkilled with 2 killing scum factions

You? Paranoid? You don't say? 

Sally.

You haven't used a LD in years? Oh, then that explains why you would ignore people saying "I am town" and instead check an ambiguous statement that has no bearing on learning alignment.

The more you defend this, the better I feel about it, tbh.

I've already explained this.  I wanted to solve the JVoR/CTM issue, and I ISO'd JVoR within the forum search engine to check some of his posts.  I came across the one I LD'ed, and used it.  I obviously didn't pick a good post, which was my fault.  I was rushing, and fired from the hip.  But I was lucky and got the lynch pushed through, which made the mistake a non-factor.

Also, you think Verbal the CL would push a lynch on Wombat the recruit?  Really?

And here I was ready to follow some of your plans.....

Ape, I think if anything, Verbal has been recruited. He'd be a good candidate since everyone has been regarding him as likely town ever since he subbed in for Song. I don't think Song was nearly active enough to be the CL, IMO.

So tell me, Ace, when exactly did you get your result? Did you get it before Wombat got lynched and Lily got nightkilled. Or was it after?

I got it start of Day, after Lily got NKd'

CTM does have a point. This is feeling a bit like a set up for us to lynch them both. Lynching one doesn't even vet his claim because if the first lynch flips town, we'd have to lynch the second one to know for sure. It's too risky, IMO. And awfully convenient.

It's not a setup. I just used my role on the wagon Wombat was on since I figured his lynch was being stalled by other wolves. 

You missed it. I read CTM as good.

You've read everyone as good this game and there are 3 factions in it. If you're Town why would you even think at this point you aren't a naive cop? 

Notice he had to claim today and conveniently used role yesterday.

Notice I never once ushered away from claiming. I was ready to reveal. The only thing I stalled on was when I asked CTM what he would do to the people that stalled claiming. If there was a better way to use my role go back and point it out. 

So not unnoticed Wombat was Wolf and Ace's claim is the same type of DM nerd sh*t to get him to end game. Lynch one today and one tomorrow when both show town it will be too late.

My best bet for CL.

Yea, I'm the CL and voted to kill my own Cult Member. Idiot. 

Last night I just figures you would. Didn't care. Today I'm telling you to do it. Make what you wNt of it. But I think Ace is CL and needs to die.

Dumbass x2.

Well, this post makes me feel like you're probably not the CL. Still think you're scum, though. ;)

Hello Darkness, my old friend. 

I like Hallia or CTM for CL.

Likely not CL: you, Ace, Hess, AVM, Smash, Verbal.

Halia being Cult Leader is very, very unlikely. I quoted the vote count from the other day and here it is: 

Official Vote Count:

Wombat (2) - AVM, Verb

Hallia (2) - Wombat, Lily <--------

Dan (2) - Ape, CTM

Smash (1) - JiF

CTM (1) - Smash

Hess (1) - Nyn

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to send to the afterlife...

If Halia is CL, we know at least 1 of Lily/Wombat were converted at this point. Why would he/she be putting pressure on their CL here? If both are converted at this point you're crazy to think they are going to vote their CL.

Fair point

I've been thinking Hallia for a while and that is where I am going

unvote

vote Hallia

she's been inactive this maybe why the convert was in so late yesterday, converting lily fits also

Jesus Christ. 

So, like I said - Hallia or CTM is cult leader.

I can make a case for either, CTM's either playing obvious or has been two-fisting paint chip sandwiches, because he's gone full fritata on us here.

It can't be Halia. 

I'm voting Ace.

Go ahead champ.

out of all the reveals, it's Ace's I like the least

1) too conveinant, with 1/2 the remaining game likely scum.. It's a safe bet that atleast one of me and Hess isn't town. Further, it narrows the town down to me or Hess.. which favors the bad guys

2) Why wait till day 3 to use it? To me this is a power you use early and announce

3) Why use it on the smaller train and not the one with confirned baddie on it? Wouldn't you want to cast as wide a net as possible?

I am not sure if he's CL, but he is very likely evil of some sort IMO

1.) If one of you or Hess isn't Town, then why would you balk against my claim? This should only happen if you believe I'm the Cult Leader and want to end game right now. You however has Halia as your CL vote. Your logic doesn't add up with your actions here.

2.) Wombat gets lynched and flips wolf. Our first of the game. The only other wagon to oppose him was Dan's. There were only 4 people on that wagon EOD so it's the easiest pool to narrow down AND likely contains cult members trying to save Wombat from dying. This isn't difficult. Tell me a better wagon that I missed using it on.

3.) I did use it on the wagon with the confirmed baddie. In fact TWO confirmed baddies were on it. 

Yeah, he was scum - BUT the way you used the LD to get him lynched was soooo poorly done, that it reeked like you wanted to actually give yourself room to hedge in he ended up in fact flipping town. No experienced player as a townie uses the LD on a vague statement. The statement you used it on, allowed you to call him a liar to get him lynched - but left room for you to backpedal in case he did flip town. 

Also, your absolute sureness on Wombat stink, stank, stunk... me thinks you are CL and the 1-time LD was an almost brilliant false reveal that would buy you the town positive vibes you would need to evade attention the rest of the way.

Unvote

Vote Verbal

biggums.png

Every character is from a spoof movie except Yoda. Kill that fuking liar!!

Tell me more, champ. 

I got it start of Day, after Lily got NKd'

It's not a setup. I just used my role on the wagon Wombat was on since I figured his lynch was being stalled by other wolves. 

You've read everyone as good this game and there are 3 factions in it. If you're Town why would you even think at this point you aren't a naive cop?

I've had 3 town reads thus far, yeah (Verbal 1.0, Smash, CTM). I never said that I thought my reads were necessarily legit. I have made a point of sharing my results, regardless. They do make me a bit biased, I admit.... but only because I never really do well as cop so I thought it's still possible that I'm a sane cop that's doing a  terrible job lol

But I agree... the more investigations I get in, the more it seems I'm naive. Which will totally soothe my ego (xD), but also mean I'm useless.

Jokes aside I've been there man...  a few of us have.  It's awful.

But it WILL eventually go away..  Take turns with the wife going for a drive or something while the other stays home.  

And get:

http://www.target.com/p/little-remedies-for-tummys-infants-gas-drops-1oz/-/A-11198502?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=11198502&CPNG=Unassigned&kpid=11198502&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=11198502&gclid=CMSCgau_0r0CFWEV7AodvCAA8g

And DO NOT PICK HER UP EVERY TIME SHE CRIES.... lol

Yep.  Turn the baby monitor off and get some sleep.  As long as the baby is eating, drinking, peeing, pooping and does not have a fever..  let her cry it out. 

I've had 3 town reads thus far, yeah (Verbal 1.0, Smash, CTM). I never said that I thought my reads were necessarily legit. I have made a point of sharing my results, regardless. They do make me a bit biased, I admit.... but only because I never really do well as cop so I thought it's still possible that I'm a sane cop that's doing a  terrible job lol

But I agree... the more investigations I get in, the more it seems I'm naive. Which will totally soothe my ego (xD), but also mean I'm useless.

Ok fine. Now what do you think about what I said about how unlikely it is Hallia is CL? If you believe Hallia is CL then why did Wombat keep trying to get her lynched this game?

Ok fine. Now what do you think about what I said about how unlikely it is Hallia is CL? If you believe Hallia is CL then why did Wombat keep trying to get her lynched this game?

The vote count you pointed out where both Wombat AND Lily are voting Hallia is rather compelling. So there could be merit to what you're saying.

Unvote for now

Ace's last bunch of posts were really good, which makes me think he isn't the CL - peeling votes off of the consensus check for CL (Hallia) is not something the CL would do....they would want the mislynch to gain more opportunities to recruit.

Which means that Hallia could be CL and Ace is a recruit....that part is obviously an option.

Based on this, here is my proposal:  we lynch from the pool of potential CL (not including Hallia), and have Hallia use her ability to pardon that player.  If she's lying, we still likely lynch scum/cult, and narrow the field further.....and likely pinpoint Hallia as the CL.  If she's telling the truth, then we have no lynch and either votes are reset and we lynch anyway, or we go to night phase.  This option kinda sucks without a lynch, but it further reduces the pool to hunt for CL tomorrow by vetting another townie, and avoids any potential townie mislynch today.

sh*tty plan?  Reasonable?

Verbal, maybe I missed it but have there been any new recruits since Day started? If not then I'm already recruited cult pre-lynch, Halia is my CL and I still vote Wombat off? :/

The part about your plan that doesn't add up is that Halia could be lying but not be the CL - she could be scum. Your plan also robs us of our lynch and allows more NKs and possibly another conversion if Halia is lying. The plan favors whatever scum faction she would be part of and the cult.  

The part about your plan that doesn't add up is that Halia could be lying but not be the CL - she could be scum. Your plan also robs us of our lynch and allows more NKs and possibly another conversion if Halia is lying. The plan favors whatever scum faction she would be part of and the cult.  

Agreed.

Verbal, maybe I missed it but have there been any new recruits since Day started? If not then I'm already recruited cult pre-lynch, Halia is my CL and I still vote Wombat off? :/

Your CL is more important than a recruit already getting a ton of heat, so yeah.

And true about the cons of my plan.  High risk, high reward.

I went back to reread the whole Wombat stalling. This is what I came up with:

Before Wombat claimed this was the vote count:

Wombat (6) -  AVM, Verb, Ace, JiF, Ape, Smash

Dan (4) -  CTM, Wombat, Hess, Lily

Hess (1) -  Nyn

Then CTM asked if Wombat revealed and says he’ll wait until he claims to cast his vote.

JiF Foses Smash for unvoting CTM and switching to Wombat. Ape agrees with the FOS.

I mentioned I didn’t hammer because I wanted to see Wombdick’s reveal.

Wombat fake reveals.

Ape calls out CTM for stalling on hammering.

JiF says Wombat’s claim is a bluff and that Pac isn’t that creative. Verbal and Ape agree.

Ape toots his own horn, as usual.

CTM asks Wombat about his vig shot and saying he’s gonna hammer, unless he kills someone like Smash.

Then Pac suspends the voting. The conversion takes place.

CTM says he hopes Wombat has a vig shot and can kill smash... but his patience is wearing thin. Then he throws it in there that Ape has prolly been converted.

Hallia appears out of the blue, saying she doesn’t mind hearing Wombat out. AFTER the conversion takes place.

Later on: Hess jumps into the mix and also asks Wombat to explain his role. JiF says we’re just giving Wombat time to lie more.

Hess throws a comment about playing with it more before it dies. Seems funny, considering he did ask Wombat for an explanation for his role yet somehow doesn’t seem that interested to hear the answer. Ape FOSes CTM for stalling. I hammer.

Bottom line is... whoever was trying to put a spin on Hallia trying to stall to get a conversion in, conveniently missed that she did it after the conversion. Not to say that she didn't have her own agenda in keeping Wombat around but it doesn't seem like she was a contributing factor in wanting to get that last minute conversion in.

LOL... Really suggesting gambit's and buss's don't happen

LOL... Really suggesting gambit's and buss's don't happen

I'm suggesting I wouldn't vote to kill my own cult member herp derp. What gambit am I pulling there, and if I was bussing Wombat, as one of his earliest voters why wouldn't I just take my vote off and gain cred? You can't be this dumb.  

Ace is clearly a noob from Ape's invite only Tournament of Noobs, he is convinced that Hallia can't be cult leader cause Wwwombat voted her and that he (Ace) is unlikely to be CL because he also voted WWwombat. I did enjoy when he called Hess an idiot for suggesting the gambit.

The fact that Verbal is lopping up this rubbish is making me wonder about him being a convert..

I went back to reread the whole Wombat stalling. This is what I came up with:

Before Wombat claimed this was the vote count:

Wombat (6) -  AVM, Verb, Ace, JiF, Ape, Smash

Dan (4) -  CTM, Wombat, Hess, Lily

Hess (1) -  Nyn

Then CTM asked if Wombat revealed and says he’ll wait until he claims to cast his vote.

JiF Foses Smash for unvoting CTM and switching to Wombat. Ape agrees with the FOS.

I mentioned I didn’t hammer because I wanted to see Wombdick’s reveal.

Wombat fake reveals.

Ape calls out CTM for stalling on hammering.

JiF says Wombat’s claim is a bluff and that Pac isn’t that creative. Verbal and Ape agree.

Ape toots his own horn, as usual.

CTM asks Wombat about his vig shot and saying he’s gonna hammer, unless he kills someone like Smash.

Then Pac suspends the voting. The conversion takes place.

CTM says he hopes Wombat has a vig shot and can kill smash... but his patience is wearing thin. Then he throws it in there that Ape has prolly been converted.

Hallia appears out of the blue, saying she doesn’t mind hearing Wombat out. AFTER the conversion takes place.

Later on: Hess jumps into the mix and also asks Wombat to explain his role. JiF says we’re just giving Wombat time to lie more.

Hess throws a comment about playing with it more before it dies. Seems funny, considering he did ask Wombat for an explanation for his role yet somehow doesn’t seem that interested to hear the answer. Ape FOSes CTM for stalling. I hammer.

Bottom line is... whoever was trying to put a spin on Hallia trying to stall to get a conversion in, conveniently missed that she did it after the conversion. Not to say that she didn't have her own agenda in keeping Wombat around but it doesn't seem like she was a contributing factor in wanting to get that last minute conversion in.

This whole stall angle is stupid. If you were part of the cult and wanted to get kill in before, hammering, just submit the kill.. Why commit in thread and make a big todo..

It's a rubbish angle being pushed by stupid people and scum or both

Archived