Mark Sanchez BALLIN' out at Eagles camp

T0mShane

If Geno fails it's time for a new staff. Geno's development falls directly on Rex Ryan's shoulders.

meh.. Sanchez projected to Akili Smith, and Geno fell into the second round for a reason. We aren't talking blue chippers being ruined here.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a preseason game on August 16th, 2010, Sanchez went 13/17 for 119 yards, threw a TD and had a 90.1 QB Rating.

In a preseason game on August 15th, 2011, Sanchez went 6 for 7 for 43 yards and had a 92.3 QB Rating.

In a preseason game on August 24th, 2013, Sanchez went 5 for 6 for 72 yards and had a 116.7 QB Rating.

It'll be really cool for Sanchez if he's actually become a better QB and turns into the next Jeff Garcia.  It really will be.  But until proven otherwise in a meaningful game, I'd say the Sanchez haters haven't been proven wrong just yet.

sanchez's problem was always pressure. preseason games d coordinators don't bring the heat. he is one of better backups in the league because of his experience in big games. but not a guy you are betting your season on.

meh.. Sanchez projected to Akili Smith, and Geno fell into the second round for a reason. We aren't talking blue chippers being ruined here.

If Geno fails, and you want to keep the current staff, they need to go trade for a Tony Romo-type QB because you damn sure can't give them another QB to develop.

It's up to the coach to figure it out. No more excuses for the offense sucking. Teams have figured out how to move the ball with worse.

sanchez's problem was always pressure. preseason games d coordinators don't bring the heat. he is one of better backups in the league because of his experience in big games. but not a guy you are betting your season on.

Steelers were blitzing like crazy last night.

If Geno fails, and you want to keep the current staff, they need to go trade for a Tony Romo-type QB because you damn sure can't give them another QB to develop.

If this year is a debacle, Rex goes, as much as I think Idzik hasn't fielded a very good roster here.

The coaching doesn't matter narrative is cute. QB's are just born awesome...is that what we're going with?

We should just keep drafting QB's and keep Rex till we get one who's good?

Coaching at this level is crucial for QB/offense success. Defenses are too fast advanced to have poor offensive coaching. Rex hired Sporano...Geno is 100% Rex's responsibility...

The coaching doesn't matter narrative is cute. QB's are just born awesome...is that what we're going with?

We should just keep drafting QB's and keep Rex till we get one who's good?

Coaching at this level is crucial for QB/offense success. Defenses are too fast advanced to have poor offensive coaching. Rex hired Sporano...Geno is 100% Rex's responsibility...

If I had more time, I can list plenty of genuis OC's who went on to struggle on offense after leaving their top QB. The only coach that i can think of in recent times who had a profound impact on QB development + had consistent success with multiple QB's was Walsh.. but his system was innovative.

Point is he looks a lot different with a new coach who knows offense.

true but as posted above, he usually looks better in preseason because of vanilla defense and generally less pressure (my assertion), so hard to know whether it is "real" or just typical sanchez c*cktease

If I had more time, I can list plenty of genuis OC's who went on to struggle on offense after leaving their top QB. The only coach that i can think of in recent times who had a profound impact on QB development + had consistent success with multiple QB's was Walsh.. but his system was innovative.

Harbaugh, Reid and now Chip.

Sounds like an organization/coaching staff that doesn't have a clue about offense

Or one that was married to their #4 Draft Pick and had a ton of early success in spite of him. It's not too hard to imagine Jets thinking at the time. We are doing very well with a rookie QB, once he makes the leap we will be golden.

And lets face it, monkeys like Pac and Smash still fawn over Sanchez for a reason, he certainly flashed at times.

Harbaugh, Reid and now Chip.

San Francisco's offense was a juggernaut?

Which QB's has Chip had success with?

KC was 24 in yards and 15 in DVOA, with a veteran QB.. under reid.., in 2005 when McNab was hurt, Eagles offense was not very good.

IN either event, even if I give you 2 of these, the list is much longer on the QB made the OC side

Come on, the fact that everyone is saying the year off and surgery helped his velocity says a lot. If Sancez is better it will be because of that, maturity and humbling nature of losing his job and getting cut.

Sanchez was a very bad QB here. 

Nonsense.  He has a competent OC and weapons.  2 things he never while here.  How can you not see that?

San Francisco's offense was a juggernaut?

Which QB's has Chip had success with?

KC was 24 in yards and 15 in DVOA, with a veteran QB.. under reid.., in 2005 when McNab was hurt, Eagles offense was not very good.

IN either event, even if I give you 2 of these, the list is much longer on the QB made the OC side

Brett Favre, by ignoring Schotty Jr, made him look legit. 

End of argument - in your favor. 

Archived