Mark Sanchez BALLIN' out at Eagles camp

T0mShane

If you remember in year 3 Sanchez was actually playing pretty well before he hurt his shoulder and the wheels fell off. Of course all the haters chose to just sweep that under the rug along with the fact our incompetent head coach had no clue what direction to take the offense or get the most out of his QB ...Instead he left that to Sparano the following season and a bunch of receivers off the street. No Keller no Holmes no Braylon no Cumberland .... Does anyone actually remember the guys Sanchez was throwing to in year 4 ??

from what I have seen this year preseason or not he is a totally different QB hes what he should have been here if we didn't f@ck with his head and completely ignore the entire offense for 4 years

Any Jets statistics from Year 4 should be wiped from the record books. Sporano couldnt run the wing-t let alone a pro offense.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any Jets statistics from Year 4 should be wiped from the record books. Sporano couldnt run the wing-t let alone a pro offense.

year 4 with Sanchez was borderline Rich Kotite .... Sanchez was dumped (main reason contract) yet Rex still plugs along as the king Idiot

Sanchez running his number 2's vs the Steelers 1's and he takes them up the field . So there goes JIF's tomato can theory that Sanchez was competing against. This is all about coaching a talented football player the RIGHT way not like the incompetent Jets way. If anything Sanchez will get them good trade value .

Sanchez had a number of good games over his time with the Jets, no one is going to deny that (at least not seriously).  He also had some hysterically awful ones too, and they never stopped coming.  I have little doubt that the same trend would continue were he to actually be a starter for Philly.  One preseason isn't going to be enough to change anyone's opinion established over a 5-year period, and it certainly shouldn't be.

Sanchez had a number of good games over his time with the Jets, no one is going to deny that (at least not seriously).  He also had some hysterically awful ones too, and they never stopped coming.  I have little doubt that the same trend would continue were he to actually be a starter for Philly.  One preseason isn't going to be enough to change anyone's opinion established over a 5-year period, and it certainly shouldn't be.

I agree one preseason is not going to change anything but the fact of the matter is Ive never seen Sanchez play like hes currently playing and a major portion of that has got to be the offensive system run by a competent HC , Would Sanchez still be prone to the bone headed play from time to time ? probably but in the same respect we don't know the answer to that either. As a Jet he looked more confused than anything as an Eagle his looks decisive and in control. Cant Deny that

OMG!! Is this a serious attempt to re-write Sanchez history? Here's a clue - he still sucks, and God help the Eagles if Foles gets hurt in Regular Season!

Who's rewriting history? Just an observation he looks really good right now....his arm looks a lot stronger and he's way more decisive. 

I agree one preseason is not going to change anything but the fact of the matter is Ive never seen Sanchez play like hes currently playing and a major portion of that has got to be the offensive system run by a competent HC , Would Sanchez still be prone to the bone headed play from time to time ? probably but in the same respect we don't know the answer to that either. As a Jet he looked more confused than anything as an Eagle his looks decisive and in control. Cant Deny that

Oh, it's very possible that a year off and admittedly better offensive weapons would be a nice boost for him.  I guess I'm just saying that even with that being true, it certainly won't ever have me pining for his return, although I know you're not saying anything like that either.  I've admitted in the past that he'd be a nice backup option in the league and that if looked at solely in a vacuum, wouldn't have been such a bad backup option for the Jets if it were not for both his contract and history with the team, both of which of course meant he absolutely had to go.

But to your original point, in truth that's also a big part of what often drove me nuts about Sanchez, he was the tale of two QBs.  There are times he would look quite impressive (I still remember that 2010 Texans game as bad ass), and then you couldn't really imagine you were watching the same guy in another game soon after, and often in ways that go beyond anything you could blame on anyone else (and you know I was never a fan of his idiot OCs either).  It was beyond frustrating.

Figured you'd show up eventually.

I've been watching all the experts from the sanchez sucks thread make excuses as to why they were still right.  No need to point out how wrong you were.  Anyone paying attention knows.

I've been watching all the experts from the sanchez sucks thread make excuses as to why they were still right.  No need to point out how wrong you were.  Anyone paying attention knows.

In a preseason game on August 16th, 2010, Sanchez went 13/17 for 119 yards, threw a TD and had a 90.1 QB Rating.

In a preseason game on August 15th, 2011, Sanchez went 6 for 7 for 43 yards and had a 92.3 QB Rating.

In a preseason game on August 24th, 2013, Sanchez went 5 for 6 for 72 yards and had a 116.7 QB Rating.

It'll be really cool for Sanchez if he's actually become a better QB and turns into the next Jeff Garcia.  It really will be.  But until proven otherwise in a meaningful game, I'd say the Sanchez haters haven't been proven wrong just yet.

In a preseason game on August 16th, 2010, Sanchez went 13/17 for 119 yards, threw a TD and had a 90.1 QB Rating.

In a preseason game on August 15th, 2011, Sanchez went 6 for 7 for 43 yards and had a 92.3 QB Rating.

In a preseason game on August 24th, 2013, Sanchez went 5 for 6 for 72 yards and had a 116.7 QB Rating.

It'll be really cool for Sanchez if he's actually become a better QB and turns into the next Jeff Garcia.  It really will be.  But until proven otherwise in a meaningful game, I'd say the Sanchez haters haven't been proven wrong just yet.

Unless Geno turns out to be the better QB it really won't be cool.  At all.  It will mean that management let a bunch of lunatic fans get rid of what turned out to be a good QB because he ran into someones ass.

Unless Geno turns out to be the better QB it really won't be cool. At all. It will mean that management let a bunch of lunatic fans get rid of what turned out to be a good QB because he ran into someones ass.

Good QBs don't run into asses.

Unless Geno turns out to be the better QB it really won't be cool.  At all.  It will mean that management let a bunch of lunatic fans get rid of what turned out to be a good QB because he ran into someones ass.

A QB who runs into someones ass needs a lot more than one nice preseason performance to become a "good QB".  Kid was all kinds of stupid here.  If he magically became smart I'm happy for him.  But generally you don't keep around QB's with dumb brains.

How Geno does is irrelevant.  Sanchez wasn't the right guy.  If Geno isn't either, you go get another QB and hope you found one.

A QB who runs into someones ass needs a lot more than one nice preseason performance to become a "good QB". Kid was all kinds of stupid here. If he magically became smart I'm happy for him. But generally you don't keep around QB's with dumb brains.

How Geno does is irrelevant. Sanchez wasn't the right guy. If Geno isn't either, you go get another QB and hope you found one.

If Geno fails it's time for a new staff. Geno's development falls directly on Rex Ryan's shoulders.

Come on, the fact that everyone is saying the year off and surgery helped his velocity says a lot. If Sancez is better it will be because of that, maturity and humbling nature of losing his job and getting cut.

Sanchez was a very bad QB here. 

Archived