THREE HEADED DRAGON

CobraVerde

CJ is RB1 in Fantasy terms, trust me. Ivory will get dinged, Powell will blow. If Ivory healthy u may see some goal line stuff, but CJ will have huge year if our pass game can click a tad to make LBs/secondary stop cheating by coming close to Line of scrimmage. Football 101, balance breeds partial success in all phases

LMAO at Powell getting similar carries to Johnson and Ivroy. That would be hilariously bad. 

Yeah, because it worked terribly last year with just Powell and Ivory splitting carries... oh wait, it worked just fine and Powell averaged 4 yards a carry which is more than respectable plus he's a much better receiver than Ivory, who is basically useless in the passing game.

Do you just say stupid crap and hope no one notices so you can say you contributed to the conversation?

LMAO at Powell getting similar carries to Johnson and Ivroy. That would be hilariously bad. 

Glad to have Powell on the roster with the injury-prone style of running Ivory has, but yeah, it needs to be a 1a/1b situation with CJ/Ivory and Powell is there in case of an injury.  He's an average but dependable back with limited upside.  Hell, if CJ goes down I'd prefer to see what Richardson can do.

Yeah, because it worked terribly last year with just Powell and Ivory splitting carries... oh wait, it worked just fine and Powell averaged 4 yards a carry which is more than respectable plus he's a much better receiver than Ivory, who is basically useless in the passing game.

Do you just say stupid crap and hope no one notices so you can say you contributed to the conversation?

The Jets had one of the worst, unwatchable, jokes of an offense in the NFL last season, so no, it didn't work "just fine". What the hell were you watching last season? 

The Jets had one of the worst, unwatchable, jokes of an offense in the NFL last season, so no, it didn't work "just fine". What the hell were you watching last season? 

The Jets rushing offense was actually pretty damn good last year considering. They were sixth in the league in yards and 9th yards per attempt with 4.4 yards per attempt. Considering they had a rookie QB starting 16 games and most teams stacked the box because they knew the Jets wanted to run that's damned impressive. I really don't give a **** if it bored you, I deal in reality.

Powell is a better than average NFL running back and most teams would kill to have a guy like him as their #2 much less their #3. 

The Jets rushing offense was actually pretty damn good last year considering. They were sixth in the league in yards and 9th yards per attempt with 4.4 yards per attempt. Considering they had a rookie QB starting 16 games and most teams stacked the box because they knew the Jets wanted to run that's damned impressive. I really don't give a **** if it bored you, I deal in reality.

Powell is a better than average NFL running back and most teams would kill to have a guy like him as their #2 much less their #3. 

The idea taking the running offense by itself and saying, it BY ITSELF (in the worst offense in football) had decent stats so it was "damn good" is just so foolish i shouldn't even respond to it. Congrads for ignoring all the context for your point. Powell is AT BEST a 3rd down blocking back who would be the worst starter in the NFL if he was a starter and looks like he's running in quicksand. It shows the pathetic levels that this offense has sunk to which I guess is what you get when you have a coach who is completely disinterested in the offensive side of the ball and a front office that is utterly incompetent at picking offensive players. But hey, as long as they have good rushing stats and can stop the run (forget stopping the pass) who cares, right?

The idea taking the running offense by itself and saying, it BY ITSELF (in the worst offense in football) had decent stats so it was "damn good" is just so foolish i shouldn't even respond to it. Congrads for ignoring all the context for your point. Powell is AT BEST a 3rd down blocking back who would be the worst starter in the NFL if he was a starter and looks like he's running in quicksand. It shows the pathetic levels that this offense has sunk to which I guess is what you get when you have a coach who is completely disinterested in the offensive side of the ball and a front office that is utterly incompetent at picking offensive players. But hey, as long as they have good rushing stats and can stop the run (forget stopping the pass) who cares, right?

Learn to read and write, pal. 

Do you know what "context" means? Go consult a dictionary and then read my post again. 

I like Powell, and I think he's the perfect type of home-grown role player that makes this team better.

That said, better than average players are usually starters. Not "#2 much less #3" types of guys.

I like Powell, and I think he's the perfect type of home-grown role player that makes this team better.

That said, better than average players are usually starters. Not "#2 much less #3" types of guys.

"Home-Grown" is meaningless unless the player is good and you have him on a cheaper contract because you drafted him. If Powell was a FA and the Jets signed him, people would think it was a nothing move at best. 

"Home-Grown" is meaningless unless the player is good and you have him on a cheaper contract because you drafted him. If Powell was a FA and the Jets signed him, people would think it was a nothing move at best. 

He is good. He is on a cheaper contract. We did draft him. 

WTF are you talking about?

Probably why he's not a starter...but carry on.  Your misery makes me happy. 

More than respectable unless your average a half yard under your teams ypc.

No. He's not. I mean maybe he'll get carries on the Jets because they have a terrible offense, but he isn't good. 

He's the absolute definition of a good player. He does his job, he doesn't cost us anything on the field. He isn't great, he's not capable of taking over a game, but he is absolutely a good player, that plays a vital roll on this team. This is exactly the type of player you hope for from a 4th round pick, a guy that sticks, does his job well, and while he doesn't light the world on fire, he's a good football player who can be relied on. 

That's being realistic about draft picks. Not expecting them all to be studs, or great. 

You seem to have no clue wtf you are talking about.

He's the absolute definition of a good player. He does his job, he doesn't cost us anything on the field. He isn't great, he's not capable of taking over a game, but he is absolutely a good player, that plays a vital roll on this team. This is exactly the type of player you hope for from a 4th round pick, a guy that sticks, does his job well, and while he doesn't light the world on fire, he's a good football player who can be relied on. 

That's being realistic about draft picks. Not expecting them all to be studs, or great. 

You seem to have no clue wtf you are talking about.

I don't think you understand what good means. What can he be "relied on" to do? Be mediocre? He does nothing all that well. He's slow and unremarkable in pretty much every way. There are guys on practice squads who can do the same role. He's just a guy. 

I don't think you understand what good means. What can he be "relied on" to do? Be mediocre? He does nothing all that well. He's slow and unremarkable in pretty much every way. There are guys on practice squads who can do the same role. He's just a guy. 

Your routine is boring. You've never developed as a poster and you add nothing of real value to the discourse on this site. You're just a guy.

Your routine is boring. You've never developed as a poster and you add nothing of real value to the discourse on this site. You're just a guy.

Notice how you're attacking me and I'm talking about the player. You can't defend the player so you attack me. And yet you call me an a$$hole...

He gets 4 ypc, doesnt put the ball on the ground, keeps the others legs fresh and doesnt start any sh*t in the locker room.

Yeah, okay.

I think this is what is wrong with the board.  A lack of respect for "Just A Guys"  Those ****ers do the job, fit in and get no respect.  You always want to upgrade them, but "thinking there are guys on practice squads that can do the same role" is a mistake.  The Jets have probably had a dozen of those practice squad guys through and none of them could do what Powell does.  I don't want him to get as many carries as Ivory or Johnson, but if he does it won't be a disaster which is precisely what JAG is supposed to do.  If Dimitri Patterson turns out to be a JAG we will probably be awesome on D.

I think this is what is wrong with the board.  A lack of respect for "Just A Guys"  Those ****ers do the job, fit in and get no respect.  You always want to upgrade them, but "thinking there are guys on practice squads that can do the same role" is a mistake.  The Jets have probably had a dozen of those practice squad guys through and none of them could do what Powell does.  I don't want him to get as many carries as Ivory or Johnson, but if he does it won't be a disaster which is precisely what JAG is supposed to do.  If Dimitri Patterson turns out to be a JAG we will probably be awesome on D.

Well said, buddy.

He gets 4 ypc, doesnt put the ball on the ground, keeps the others legs fresh and doesnt start any sh*t in the locker room.

Catches the ball out of the backfield, is outstanding at picking up blitzes and always makes something out of nothing...but he sucks because mike says so.

Yes, it would be, considering that even with the starters in, this is not a talented offense to begin with. 

Archived