Who was the last NFL post 3rd rounder...

bergenjets

richard sherman, julius thomas, alfred morris, geno atkins, aaron hernandez, alteran verner, kam chancellor, greg hardy, antonio brown, brandon marshall, bethea, IK enemkpali

all pro-bowlers

Out of 128 (plus supplementals) post 3rd round picks each year for how many years?

So let's see what happens before declaring a busted draft in the preseason.

What concerns me is that none of them looked even so much as decent in the pre season. I liked Enunwa and still do - but he kinda sucked so far. Most of the time, even the solid starters drafted after the third round will show some flashes early in camp.

if dex doesn't get hurt, I think we are all feeling very different about this draft

if IK and Riley and George pan out it is actually a very good draft

What concerns me is that none of them looked even so much as decent in the pre season. I liked Enunwa and still do - but he kinda sucked so far. Most of the time, even the solid starters drafted after the third round will show some flashes early in camp.

Dex looked pretty damn good, and unfortunately he got hurt, if he didn't get hurt we have 3 instant starters (now that patterson is gone). I'll take it.

if dex doesn't get hurt, I think we are all feeling very different about this draft

if IK and Riley and George pan out it is actually a very good draft

If Don Shula tarps the field, the Jets beat the Dolphins.

All of those guys have yet to prove they can play on the JV level, let alone NFL.

Against the two's? C'mon dude I want to believe this draft was good too - but you guys are really reaching. It was a higher risk than Stephan Hill was.

We'll see man, I thought he looked good and I really think we'll be surprised when he comes back. There are diamonds in the rough

We'll see man, I thought he looked good and I really think we'll be surprised when he comes back. There are diamonds in the rough

I know there are. There are also busts. With this many draft picks, I expected one Jason Fabini, Jeremy Kerley or even Kerry Rhodes, just one. You guys are setting the bar way too low for Idzik and its kind of annoying.

I know there are. There are also busts. With this many draft picks, I expected one Jason Fabini, Jeremy Kerley or even Kerry Rhodes, just one. You guys are setting the bar way too low for Idzik and its kind of annoying.

I'll be honest, I was hoping for Idzik to trade for another 4th or something but he didn't. I'll be honest again, it's kind of annoying how you haven't gave these guys a full game before you call them busts. Maybe you're right but your word is as good as mine in this situation. Let it play out and we'll see. 

I'll be honest, I was hoping for Idzik to trade for another 4th or something but he didn't. I'll be honest again, it's kind of annoying how you haven't gave these guys a full game before you call them busts. Maybe you're right but your word is as good as mine in this situation. Let it play out and we'll see. 

Time will tell, and I am assuming some of this based on how bad last years draft was (outside of Richardson).

what's aggravating is how much Idzik ball-washing there is from the same people who questioned every 3rd-and-18 play call from Schottenheimer.   

Yes, Idzik is rebuilding the team just don't try to tell me that releasing holmes, sanchez, and cromartie took a genius.    trading revis was a great deal, signing Goodsen was a disaster.   

The WR situation sunk this team last year.   The Jets were signing players off the street on Tuesday and playing them on Sunday.   It was probably the worst set of WR's every assembled on a single NFL team.   That too is on Idzik.  

This year Idzik screwed up at CB.   You know Rex wanted Revis, instead we overpaid for Patterson who turned out to be a turd.   We also had 12 picks and right now the majority look like career backups/special teamers.    As you said, time will tell the value of these first 2 drafts.    As a Jet fan I hope that some of these guys turn into stars - if you had to ask me which ones I wouldn't even begin to guess.  

If Don Shula tarps the field, the Jets beat the Dolphins.

All of those guys have yet to prove they can play on the JV level, let alone NFL.

you don't put guys on the 53 man roster unless they showed you something.  95% of all the rookies still have something to prove, the jets rookies are no diferent

what I was saying about dex was a lot of jets fans seem to just dismiss pryor and amaro and focus on saunders.  it's weird.  other teams fans might be happy about and pryor and actually post about him. 

Against the two's? C'mon dude I want to believe this draft was good too - but you guys are really reaching. It was a higher risk than Stephan Hill was.

A third rounder was a higher risk than Stephen Hill whome we spent a 2nd, a 5th n a 7th to draft? Serious question, how?

A third rounder was a higher risk than Stephen Hill whome we spent a 2nd, a 5th n a 7th to draft? Serious question, how?

Stephen hill was a physical freak with a 2nd round grade on him. mcdougle missed most of his last year in college with an injury and had a 5th round grade. there is definitely an argument there. throw in the fact that idzik was basically relying on him to be a starter, considering he couldn't/didn't/failed to bring in a starter at corner

also, whats a bigger risk? trading a 2nd, 5th, & 7th for a second round graded player or spending a 3rd on a 5th round graded player. its all a gamble, but not much of a difference there,imo

If you draft an injury prone guy and he gets hurt, it is on you. I think McDougle just had the one shoulder injury. Anyone can get hurt once. So I do not hold that against the team. Now, he has had two. It may be that he is injury prone. But there was no way to make that claim at the time of the draft. And can we let these guys play a little before declaring them obsolete?

Archived