Ryan to Blame For Jets Discipline Problem in Green Bay--Steve Politi column

T0mShane

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The beards, long hair, dirty batting helmets, brawling Red Sox are the polar opposite of the Yankees

That's as stupid as it gets. Who gives a sh1t about beards. And what brawling?

Fact Is the Yankees, FAcy etc was the model the Sox used to build a winner. You give uniforms, pine far and facial hair as proof? Lol must kill you, you'll never admit it. Is there any Boston team you're up on?

I don't hate Rex. I've said this a million times. I'm rooting for him to succeed, I'm just intelligent enough to know you can root for success while still complaining about what you don't like, don't agree with or don't want to tolerate about the way he does his job.

The whole "you complain about Rex, therefore you hate him" fallacy is for the dim witted who, as I said already, need their arguments compartmentalized so that they can latch onto either "black" or "white" in an argument. 

Also, it wasn't a "young team" when Rex took it over, and I was making the same complaints then. So yeah...

No when you whine on and on and on, in post after post, incessantly complaining and never praising it's obvious how you feel about the guy. You and SAR will get along well. Well as soon as he gives up the bullsh1t I'm cool with Rex mantra while waiting for reasons to post as much as you do how stupid he is.

Pointing at the Patriots and saying "they have X amount of penalties, do they have a discipline problem" is irrelevant.

Rex's team gets penalties for things like 12 men on the field, regularly. That is an example of a penalty tied to lack of order, awareness and discipline. They get penalties for fighting. Discipline.

The Patriots might be racking up penalties because Bill would rather his corners hold and risk being caught, than give WRs a free release. Who knows. Context is important. This is why just looking up how many they have is irrelevant. I'm reacting to what happens on the field for the Jets.

Of course it's now the Patriots. But of course it still is relevant, are they undisciplined?

And don't jerk us off, making excuses why it's ok for Bills teams to get flagged and not the Jets. That must be a shining example of liking Rex.

And BTW, Rex's teams get called for 12 men not because they don't know what's going on, it's because if all the sub packages he puts in and how late he tries to get into the game without giving his D away. Why teams like the defensive Ravens led the league in penalties. That's pretty basic football.

Ryan was again asked about the timeout, initiated by Marty Mornhinweg and enforced by defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson. Mornhinweg said it was hard to get Ryan’s attention because the coach was on the defensive channel on the team’s headset, not the offensive channel.

“It’s easy to say, ‘Well, I should always be on [the offensive headset],’ but I know just like any coach that calls defense or something like that, that’s not always going to happen,” Ryan said. “That’s not always the case. This isn’t the first time the offense has wanted a timeout that I’ve called or was there to, okay, I go in and make the call.”

Was JiF trying to defend or condemn Rex by posting this? Anyone know?

No when you whine on and on and on, in post after post, incessantly complaining and never praising it's obvious how you feel about the guy. You and SAR will get along well. Well as soon as he gives up the bullsh1t I'm cool with Rex mantra while waiting for reasons to post as much as you do how stupid he is.

I have said since the day we hired Rex, I like him. I have also said since my childhood, way before the day we hired Rex, I love the Jets. Why is this difficult to understand?

If Rex lets his players down, lets the fans down, then I don't see any reason not to be upset about it, just because I said I like him 6 years ago. Just because I say I like him now. If he sh*ts the bed, I'm going to be pissed about it, and I can't think of a better forum than a forum to get that out of my system. I don't gripe about football in real life, in public, with friends and family. I don't want to be "that guy". I reserve it for here, a more appropriate environment.

At the end of the day, what I see is me make relevant observations, that people who don't understand anything other than forum debate try to counter. So I then trump my observations up to piss them off. It is cathartic to disassemble their stupidity.

Ultimately, liking the guy and being disappointed in him is not mutually exclusive. Get over it, or get on my level. 

Of course it's now the Patriots. But of course it still is relevant, are they undisciplined?

And don't jerk us off, making excuses why it's ok for Bills teams to get flagged and not the Jets. That must be a shining example of liking Rex.

And BTW, Rex's teams get called for 12 men not because they don't know what's going on, it's because if all the sub packages he puts in and how late he tries to get into the game without giving his D away. Why teams like the defensive Ravens led the league in penalties. That's pretty basic football.

I cannot help that you don't understand that penatlies are not the singular measurement for determining the level of discipline on a football team.

If we must look at the Patriots as a comparison. Not one single player trash talks like a fool during the week. Bill's team fears him, respects him. He is not the cool dad. Bill doesn't think he's a player. Bill has input and control over every phase of the game. Defense. Offense. Special teams. When players get out of line, they are disciplined. Not defended. They understand there is consequence, and act accordingly. None of that exists under Rex.

It is, and has always been, my chief criticism of him. He still acts like a position coach who has their back, which is appropriate for a position coach, but not a head coach. Position coaches are in the trenches, helping players earn the favor of their head coach. When you are the cool dad, you aren't respected. We saw it here with Holmes, Plaxico and that whole dynamic that developed with those guys undermining Rex once we started losing. 

It is something I hope for Rex to correct every year, and seeing signs of it rearing its ugly head last week made me sick to my stomach that we were going to have to endure another year of unrealized potential. I use that term very specifically too, it is Rex's unrealized potential that irks me. He could take this team further, but he falls all over himself. If he could clean up that part of what he does, I think you'd see him get more of those inspired, over-achieving types of performances. Like he did when he was coaching for his job in the last month of last season. 

So, you can whelp at me all you want... as far as I see it, I'm the only one truly articulating the conundrum that is being a Jet fan, a Rex fan, and having high expectations of both.

I have said since the day we hired Rex, I like him. I have also said since my childhood, way before the day we hired Rex, I love the Jets. Why is this difficult to understand?

If Rex lets his players down, lets the fans down, then I don't see any reason not to be upset about it, just because I said I like him 6 years ago. Just because I say I like him now. If he sh*ts the bed, I'm going to be pissed about it, and I can't think of a better forum than a forum to get that out of my system. I don't gripe about football in real life, in public, with friends and family. I don't want to be "that guy". I reserve it for here, a more appropriate environment.

At the end of the day, what I see is me make relevant observations, that people who don't understand anything other than forum debate try to counter. So I then trump my observations up to piss them off. It is cathartic to disassemble their stupidity.

Ultimately, liking the guy and being disappointed in him is not mutually exclusive. Get over it, or get on my level. 

Why do you hate America?

That's as stupid as it gets. Who gives a sh1t about beards. And what brawling?

Fact Is the Yankees, FAcy etc was the model the Sox used to build a winner. You give uniforms, pine far and facial hair as proof? Lol must kill you, you'll never admit it. Is there any Boston team you're up on?

FAIL

http://nypost.com/2014/07/30/yankees-could-learn-from-red-sox-re-tooling-formula/

That is because the Red Sox never truly rebuild. They re-allocate. They re-tool. They re-shuffle their deck. Boston keeps big payrolls, albeit payrolls under the luxury tax line.

The Yanks refused to surrender last year when dealing Robinson Cano would have deepened a farm system in need of such an act. They built up again in the offseason, including signing Jacoby Ellsbury when the Red Sox did not want to invest the money and risk of a seven-year deal. They are still chasing now and that might be proper because they have few high-end saleable pieces — David Robertson, maybe Hiroki Kuroda. But there are signs that key parts of their overworked pen might be wearing down and that their backup rotation just might not have the staying power for a pennant race.

WTF are you talking about? What does last year, what the Yankees did, have to do with the Sox of a few years ago on? You pull up an article that says the Sox don't rebuild, they stock up with a high payroll, replenish, get FAs? That's the Yankee way.

Do me a favor, go argue a different point. This is stupid.

WTF are you talking about? What does last year, what the Yankees did, have to do with the Sox of a few years ago on? You pull up an article that says the Sox don't rebuild, they stock up with a high payroll, replenish, get FAs? That's the Yankee way.

Do me a favor, go argue a different point. This is stupid.

You are a nut.

The Sox are not the Yankees. Deal with it.

You are a nut.

The Sox are not the Yankees. Deal with it.

I hate both teams. Who said the Sox are the Yankees?

Everyone knows the Sox copied the Yankee script. Everyone except the one fool who hate the Yankees too much to acknowledge facts.

Archived