Chris Johnson's New Running Style

kelticwizard

he's averaged ~40 balls a year for 8 years. i think what you are seeing is geno have zero touch on short passes.

Gruden mentioned that.  It was not a good throw by Geno, but the ball hit him right in his hands and he spit it up.  That is at least two blatant drops.  Blatant enough that even his agent would call them drops. .

mother_of_god_by_rober_raik-d4cw2di.png

This isn't funny when Shane does it, it's less funny when it's plagiarized.

Yeah, Ivory caught a few passes last night. I don't know if he'll ever catch a ball in stride, but he can turn around, catch one in his bread-basket, then turn upfield. This thread is more about how bad CJ has been, though. I'd have Ivory in the primary back role, with Powell coming in to spell him and do the majority of the screen pass work. CJ needs to earn playing time rather than have it gifted to him. He hasn't done that to date.

Idzik seems to have a problem admitting a mistake. Although for the record i think cj would be a huge asset with vick behind center, given what he accomplished with mccoy.

They are the two oldest players we have as offensive weapons.  CJ is washed up and might be a screen guy only.  He can't run between tackles at all.  We might have to try Vick out if Geno continues with mistakes.

i believe jets are blind if they don't see that already have found out geno isn't the guy. obviously i'm not an nfl talent evaluator but he doesn't have the look to me, and i've seen enough. could easily be wrong, but i doubt it.

Sorry but 19 games is not enough to give up on a guy specially when you see that he is making progress in a lot of areas.

Gruden mentioned that.  It was not a good throw by Geno, but the ball hit him right in his hands and he spit it up.  That is at least two blatant drops.  Blatant enough that even his agent would call them drops. .

Chucky is FOS on that one - it did hit Johnson right in the hands and he should have had it.

geno is so bad it's hard to evaluate the weaponzz. see what i did there? ;)

They are the two oldest players we have as offensive weapons.  CJ is washed up and might be a screen guy only.  He can't run between tackles at all.  We might have to try Vick out if Geno continues with mistakes.

yeah, i'm still standing next to my prediction:

"geno starts season with 2-5, vick takes over and goes 7-1 but is injured and can't play week 17. geno comes in and stinks up the joint. jets finish 9-7 miss playoffs on a week 17 tiebreaker. leaving us all to wonder "what if" geno pulled earlier. rex saves job by improving one win from 2013. QB of future drafted 2015 and sits behind vick his first year."

Just realized I was calling Johnson done in 2011.

I have no idea what we were thinking picking him up. He's not even a better home run threat than Ivory.

We really underrated Powell/Ivory on this forum last year. Powell is a damn solid runner too, sort of a poor man's Curtis Martin.

Sorry but 19 games is not enough to give up on a guy specially when you see that he is making progress in a lot of areas.

that's undoubtedly the "correct" and wiser philsophy, and if I was Rex/Idzik i probably wouldn't make the switch. but as a messageboard nobody, it is easy for me to go out on a limb and say i'm ready to give up on geno since there are no negative implications from making a quick decision. i happen to think i am right in that geno will never be the guy, but i see your point that the professionals need to be more judicious in making decisions.

Archived