this team is a hot mess

ylekram

lets face it. the jets are struggling pretty good. fans seem to want to point the finger at one person or another. is it idzik? is it rex? is it geno? the fact is the correct answer is all of the above including more players than just geno.

idzik was loaded to the gills with 50m in cap space and 12 draft picks. what did he do with it? appearently not much as we have the same team as last year

rex is still running a loose ship and still making simple head coaching 101 mistakes. his defense still folds at unoppurtune times, and still doesn't adjust well to what the other team is doing. i don't want to start talking about the penalties.I like rex, but the story is getting old

geno has major descision making problems and accuracy issues

breno & winters completely get blown up 4 or 5 times a game

chris Johnson doesn't look good

there is a reason why the saints traded ivory. while he runs like a beast, he cant catch or block

milliner cant stay healthy

pryor looks lost

kerley is the only receiver on the team that can be trusted

colon is a very average guard that falls on the ground, gets plenty of penalties, and is an injury waiting to happen

landry sucks

wilsons head is welded straight onto his neck

allen looks like a player but shouldn't be playing corner

the entire d-line are all defensive tackles. even the back-ups and at least one outside backer

Quigley is horrible most of the time

Cumberland seems to have taken a step back

harris cannot cover even the slowest of pass catchers

demario has flashes of a good player but misses plenty of assignments

brick and mangold have their good days and bad days

1-3 sounds about right. 1-6 is right around the corner

problem is after the patriot game, the schedule seem to get a lot easier. do the jets make a run on easier teams and is thus proclaimed progress like last years last 4 games? or does woody see that everything involved with this team is not working out and clean house?

if rex goes, idzik shouldn't be the guy doing it,imo. rex has worn out his welcome and idzik is in way over his head. does idzik get another year or 2 just because? or does idzik learn from his obvious mistakes and improve next year?

time will tell

a "hot mess" would imply they've had their doors blown off every game which hasn't been the case.  They are a talent starved bunch to begin with but when you throw in injuries and poor qb play you get 1-3.  Rex coaches them up the best he can which is why they're in every game but in the end it's just not good enough to win.

Not ready to cry and call it a lost season like many of my dramatic fellow fans, but it's not looking good.

a "hot mess" would imply they've had their doors blown off every game which hasn't been the case.  They are a talent starved bunch to begin with but when you throw in injuries and poor qb play you get 1-3.  Rex coaches them up the best he can which is why they're in every game but in the end it's just not good enough to win.

Not ready to cry and call it a lost season like many of my dramatic fellow fans, but it's not looking good.

this season falls on rex just like everyone else. undisciplined team, losing the game on a naked bootleg, defense giving up the ghost when it matters most, obvious disconnect from the offensive perspective,etc.. i like rex and have said so all along, but he doesn't seem to adjust and i think he has worn out his welcome

this season falls on rex just like everyone else. undisciplined team, losing the game on a naked bootleg, defense giving up the ghost when it matters most, obvious disconnect from the offensive perspective,etc.. i like rex and have said so all along, but he doesn't seem to adjust and i think he has worn out his welcome

Disagree the Jets had 12 draft picks and all kinds of cap money and did nothing with it.

Disagree the Jets had 12 draft picks and all kinds of cap money and did nothing with it.

Idzick deserves some criticism but we don't know if Shaq and Mcdougle could have been contributors.  Early signs were Mcdougle was looking good.  You can blame him for a lack of aggressiveness in FA but he can't be blamed for injuries.

Idzick deserves some criticism but we don't know if Shaq and Mcdougle could have been contributors.  Early signs were Mcdougle was looking good.  You can blame him for a lack of aggressiveness in FA but he can't be blamed for injuries.

McDougle looked good in mini camp (shorts and a t-shirt). He was not starting among this group of losers when he got hurt. You can't call this a good pick.

your right. we don't know if they would have been contributors. what we do know, is that they are not

i did state exactly what you are stating in the original post. i definitely agree with that. but rex deserves his share of the blame for obvious and repeated reasons

Jets have talent issues, poor in game management, uncreative play calling, vicious first half schedule, a growing qb controversy, discipline issues, locker room turmoil probably that will erupt into public eye soon enough... Same issues as last few years really.

Rex was able to keep wheels glued on when he had a elite defense. Now that's gone so we are in hot mess mode. Next shoe to drop will be reports by our friendly beat reporter about players speaking off record about wanting Vick to start. Same script every year.

Evans was one of the worst looking picks.  It seemed like every day there was a mention of a drop. 

Evans was one of the worst looking picks.  It seemed like every day there was a mention of a drop. 

meh.  it could have clicked for him.  Im not about to spend time looking but I'm sure there are numerous examples of rookies who played poorly early in camp but turned it around.  Point is this "12 draft picks and did nothing" mantra is a little short sighted.

meh.  it could have clicked for him.  Im not about to spend time looking but I'm sure there are numerous examples of rookies who played poorly early in camp but turned it around.  Point is this "12 draft picks and did nothing" mantra is a little short sighted.

It certainly could click, but the odds of it clicking in time to help out during the first quarter of the season were pretty slim. I still think there is hope for this draft class, but the idea of taking 12 is lost on me.  I think people bagging on Pryor now are ridiculous.  Yes he has taken some bad angles, but I think he has looked good.  Amaro seems to be coming around.  OTOH, Dixon and George are gone.  Boyd was so bad he is still on the street.  Evans and McDougle are on IR.  Saunders and Dozier are offering nothing at positions of weakness.  Enunwa is on the practice squad. There is hope for Enemkpali, but Reilly is 26.  He is not exactly a developmental prospect and Babin seems like he is (deservedly) getting their reps. . 

The defense is talented just poorly coached. Offense has crap personnel

totally dead on, the exact opposite of what Rex has scammed a lot of fans into thinking ...our D will not suck if he leaves we have talent, young All pro caliber talent on D that can be better NOT worse with a different coach

totally dead on, the exact opposite of what Rex has scammed a lot of fans into thinking ...our D will not suck if he leaves we have talent, young All pro caliber talent on D that can be better NOT worse with a different coach

Give Rex a first round pick every year and the genius will build to one heck of a run stuffing defense

I was willing to give Rex another shot this year. But this is not looking good for sure. If this ship doesn't get turned around quick then I am all for getting rid of Rex. Woody loves rex though, so it is not a slam dunk. Idzik's draft looks shaky for sure and he did not do much in the offseason. I think he should at least be able to hire his own coach before he gets the boot also.

I was willing to give Rex another shot this year. But this is not looking good for sure. If this ship doesn't get turned around quick then I am all for getting rid of Rex. Woody loves rex though, so it is not a slam dunk. Idzik's draft looks shaky for sure and he did not do much in the offseason. I think he should at least be able to hire his own coach before he gets the boot also.

He mismanaged sanchez and is well on the way toward mismanaging geno. Most HCs cannot survive bungling one "QB of the future." Impressed Rex has lasted this long. If Rex puts Vick in, it shows he learned something from the Sanchez experience. If he does not, than i do believe he is incapable of learning. Maybe rex is more clever than we give him credit for: it is certainly better to only fail with one qb per year than with two... Especially a player like geno with so many built in escuses (only second year, was thrown into role before ready, improved at end of season albeit with easier schedule).

Archived