How we got here

jgb

I agree with SAR I

I'm not saying we'd be Super Bowl bound if we made that move by the way.

I'm saying that Tannenbaum proved he could build a very competitive roster from his contributions 1996-2012 and Sanchez proved he could handle the postseason pressure with a decent set of playmakers around him from 2009-2011. Tannenbaum proved he was a competent GM. Sanchez had potential.

Idzik is a nobody operations manager with zero player personnel experience and Geno wasn't an NFL caliber quarterback prospect. Ryan hasn't changed one iota since his first NFL game, still making the same mistakes.

SAR I

nfl_u_nyjets1_sy_576.jpg

We got here because Woody Johnson threw two guys out he should have kept, and kept the one guy he should have thrown out.

SAR I

I agree with SAR I

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

nfl_u_nyjets1_sy_576.jpg

We got here because Woody Johnson threw two guys out he should have kept, and kept the one guy he should have thrown out.

SAR I

Need a picture of Bradway as well as he has been a disastrous GM and scouting consultant.  Just look at our drafts since he got here since 2001.  I'm not sure how he is still employed.

I'm not saying we'd be Super Bowl bound if we made that move by the way.

I'm saying that Tannenbaum proved he could build a very competitive roster from his contributions 1996-2012 and Sanchez proved he could handle the postseason pressure with a decent set of playmakers around him from 2009-2011. Tannenbaum proved he was a competent GM. Sanchez had potential.

Idzik is a nobody operations manager with zero player personnel experience and Geno wasn't an NFL caliber quarterback prospect. Ryan hasn't changed one iota since his first NFL game, still making the same mistakes.

SAR I

Idzik has done nothing for this team

Watching yesterdays game a few of my friends all said it wasn't Sanchez afterall

Idzik has done nothing for this team

Watching yesterdays game a few of my friends all said it wasn't Sanchez afterall

Sanchez is gone because of the Buttfumble, plain and simple. He was the scapegoat for an embarrassed owner and a lousy head coach. "Sanchez had to go, he'd worn out his welcome in New York" is the reason why we are where we are today. "He needed a fresh start somewhere else" is the same thing they said in Atlanta and Tampa Bay before showing Brett Favre and Steve Young the door with Kick Me signs taped to their backs.

SAR I

Need a picture of Bradway as well as he has been a disastrous GM and scouting consultant.  Just look at our drafts since he got here since 2001.  I'm not sure how he is still employed.

The Revis draft pick was the best one this franchise has made since Joe Willy. That and standing on a table for Russell Wilson in Tanny's last year. 

Sanchez is gone because of the Buttfumble, plain and simple. He was the scapegoat for an embarrassed owner and a lousy head coach. "Sanchez had to go, he'd worn out his welcome in New York" is the reason why we are where we are today. "He needed a fresh start somewhere else" is the same thing they said in Atlanta and Tampa Bay before showing Brett Favre and Steve Young the door with Kick Me signs taped to their backs.

SAR I

The other 23 fumbles and 36 INTs over 2011 and 2012 had nothing to do with it? 

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

+10000

The other 23 fumbles and 36 INTs over 2011 and 2012 had nothing to do with it?

Mark Sanchez had a similarly brutal offensive line, a worse offensive coordinator, and worse playmakers than Smith has, how's that working out for Geno?

SAR I

Mark Sanchez had a similarly brutal offensive line, a worse offensive coordinator, and worse playmakers than Smith has, how's that working out for Geno?

SAR I

Worse playmakers?  WTF are you even talking about?  Post op David Nelson has been starting for Geno.  I am not sure when the Jets offensive line got brutal, but I suppose you are blaming things on Faneca leaving? 

Worse playmakers?  WTF are you even talking about?  Post op David Nelson has been starting for Geno.  I am not sure when the Jets offensive line got brutal, but I suppose you are blaming things on Faneca leaving?

Mark Sanchez was good when he had playmakers like:

Edwards,

Holmes,

Cotchery,

Burress,

Keller,

Tomlinson,

Richardson,

Jones,

Washington.

Mark Sanchez wasn't good when he had fap like:

Schillens,

Hill,

Kerley,

McKnight,

Gates,

Hilliard,

Reuland,

Gilyard,

Greene.

That's what I'm talking about. Geno has Decker and Ivory and Mornhinweg. Mark had Shillens and Hill and Sparano.

SAR I

The Revis draft pick was the best one this franchise has made since Joe Willy. That and standing on a table for Russell Wilson in Tanny's last year. 

So since 2001 the Revis pick makes up for all the other misses?  Reminds me of that saying with the blind squirrel and finding a nut.  The Russell story doesn't count since we didn't draft him no matter how many tables were used in the process.

Edwards,

Holmes,

Cotchery,

Burress,

Keller,

Tomlinson,

Richardson,

Jones,

Washington.

Schillens,

Hill,

Kerley,

McKnight,

Gates,

Hilliard,

Reuland,

Gilyard,

Greene.

That's what I'm talking about. Geno has Decker and Ivory and Mornhinweg. Mark had Shillens and Hill and Sparano.

SAR I

Geno has had Decker?  That is news to me and the injury list.  He has done pretty well when he had Decker.  Sanchez was never actually good. 

I am not sure when the Jets offensive line got brutal, but I suppose you are blaming things on Faneca leaving? 

Rivers lost two OL starters yesterday, DJ Fluker was on crutches leaving the stadium. Hardwick was already out for the y ear. 

the line isn't that bad. The problem is similar to that in late stage Sanchez, the other teams know he can't make quick reads and accurate throws so they are blitzing the balls off him. And why not. If Geno Smith was in another team's uniform, that's how the Jets would game plan for him. 

Edwards,

Holmes,

Cotchery,

Burress,

Keller,

Tomlinson,

Richardson,

Jones,

Washington.

Schillens,

Hill,

Kerley,

McKnight,

Gates,

Hilliard,

Reuland,

Gilyard,

Greene.

SAR I

Actually he was never good. The jets were able to win despite him behind the best defense and run game in the league. His numbers actually improved every year until he regressed in 2012, if memory serves

Actually he was never good. The jets were able to win despite him behind the best defense and run game in the league. His numbers actually improved every year until he regressed in 2012, if memory serves

I don't know that any QB would have been successful with that 12 offense. Between the players, and the coaching, it was a historically bad offense. Good QB's may have been better than the atrocious play we saw from Sanchez in 12, but, that offense was putrid of a different type.

I still don't see how Rex survived 12.

I don't know that any QB would have been successful with that 12 offense. Between the players, and the coaching, it was a historically bad offense. Good QB's may have been better than the atrocious play we saw from Sanchez in 12, but, that offense was putrid of a different type.

I still don't see how Rex survived 12.

SOJ, brother

Archived