2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

I know he's just a child but how do you give up 32 to a way past his prime Marbury? Plus he had an ankle injury recently and I don't get playing in China over playing D1 college something strikes me as fishy about that.

It is fishy, but he did look good in that game from the highlights.  He helped his team avoid elimination.  Here's the link with the highlights.

http://www.sportando.com/en/world/asia/154047/emmanuel-mudiay-is-back-and-helps-guangdong-to-avoid-elimination.html

Glad he's back on the court so the scouts have more to evaluate him.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're an ESPN Insider (I signed up for my son's school fundraiser), Chad Ford has a great write up on Mudiay.  Larry Brown still loves the kid even if he spurned him.

Also, I take the fishy comment back because it's not just the $1.2 mil.  Under Armor also gave him a $10 mil endorsement deal.  No way a kid can turn down $11 mil, especially a refugee.

Towns looks better than Okafor imo.

Either one would improve the Knicks immensely. Towns does have the better upside because he's a better athlete.

I think both are going to be superstars in NBA along with Russell.

Knicks couldn't have chosen a better season to be dreadful

Either one would improve the Knicks immensely. Towns does have the better upside because he's a better athlete.

I think both are going to be superstars in NBA along with Russell.

Knicks couldn't have chosen a better season to be dreadful

Both the nba and nfl drafts cannot come soon enough.

Towns is making it real interesting down the stretch. He's also a Jersey kid.

I watched little of yesterdays game.  I think he would be a great 80's player, not so sure about a '15.  of course, when ewing and jordan were in college the consensus was that ewing had no offensive game, and jordan was just a dunker with no jumper so you never know

I just keep waiting to see a guy who wows me.  so far it's mostly meh

he had a nice crisp cross court pass for an open 3, and blocked 100 shots, but the NBA game he won't be blocking all those shots.  guys like JR will dunk on him

Yeah, Okafor is the throw back C so the 80s criticism is applicable to him. Towns is a more modern prospect from the C position.

I really don't think you can get an adequate gage from a few minutes of a college game.

I dont have you're background in the game like you do, Lars, but Ive seen a couple of games for Okafor andd Towns and there were a lot of "wow" moments for both. Scouts and the media are salivating over both for a reason.

Yeah, Okafor is the throw back C so the 80s criticism is applicable to him. Towns is a more modern prospect from the C position.

I really don't think you can get an adequate gage from a few minutes of a college game.

I dont have you're background in the game like you do, Lars, but Ive seen a couple of games for Okafor andd Towns and there were a lot of "wow" moments for both. Scouts and the media are salivating over both for a reason.

I will see more of him as the tourney gets going.  can he operate in the high post ?  teams will make him go up there to get him away from the rim

Every single time I watch Kentucky Willie Cauley-Stein looks better than Towns does. I know he's a couple years older than the other two, but still.

WCS is going to be a lottery pick, but the age difference is going to keep Towns picked ahead of him (Towns has better production as well in less minutes).

I haven't looked at the stats recently. Cauley-Stein had a better PAWS40 every time I checked. Junior thing is pretty big regardless.

Knicks are high on both according to Isola.  Reported today that they're scouting WCS in case they fall to 5th.

GOOD NEWS:  Knicks' top scout, Mark Warkenstein, has attended nearly a dozen Kentucky practices scouting both Towns and WCS.  Other reports say NYK have been to 20 of the last 30 Kentucky practices.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/isola-kentucky-cats-answer-knicks-article-1.2141124

BAD NEWS: ESPN is reporting that the Knicks are listening to offers for their 1st round pick in order to acquire a veteran.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/61412/knicks-open-to-trading-first-round-pick?

Miss Lonely Hearts, you may be right.  Jackson may be the stupidest mother****er on the planet.  I like to remain in disbelief.  He can't be that stupid to think it makes sense to trade a top pick.  I'm trying to put this out of my mind because it makes me incredibly angry.

No, the report has to be false.  It has to ... 

Yes, theoretically, trading the top pick can be profitable which I don't dispute. But, like you say, I can't see Jax making a profitable trade, hence my vehemence against it.

Also, I'm getting flashbacks of Layden not drafting Amare and, instead, drafting Nene to trade him for broken down McDyess.  It's been since 1985 the Knicks have made a good 1st round selection and kept the player.  I'd like for that to happen this year because the prospects are that good. 

Would you trade Melo and the first rd pick for Durant?

I'd trade Melo for anyone or nothing at all except cap space.  The first round pick?  I'm tired of the NYK trading picks.  

That said, I'd only be interested in trading the 1st rounder for super-duper stars, like Durant, Westbrook, and LeBron (never happen).

The problem with Phil is that he'd trade Okafor/Towns for Greg Monroe since he sells low on every asset.

I'd trade Melo for anyone or nothing at all except cap space. The first round pick? I'm tired of the NYK trading picks.

That said, I'd only be interested in trading the 1st rounder for super-duper stars, like Durant, Westbrook, and LeBron (never happen).

The problem with Phil is that he'd trade Okafor/Towns for Greg Monroe since he sells low on every asset.

Phil is not trading the 1st rd pick for some scrub. You act like nba gm's were tripping over each other for JR Smith.

Phil is not trading the 1st rd pick for some scrub. You act like nba gm's were tripping over each other for JR Smith.

No, I'm acting like the Knicks could have traded Shumpert last year for OKC's 1st rounder but Jax said no, and ended up trading him in a package with JR for a 2019 2nd rounder.

I'm acting like Denver traded Mosgov for 2 1st rounders and Jax traded a former DPY for 2 2nd rounders.

Jax has sold low on every asset.

Archived