2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

going to watch as much of UK as I can next few weeks.  keep hearing towns is the best, but that WCS is creeping up the rankings

and some guy in china is a once in 10 years prospect ?  who is that ?

PG Emmanuel Mudiay, from Congo, but raised in Texas.  Went to China to play.  His season is over.

WCS won't crack the top 5 because he's 2-3 yrs older than the 4 top prospects. 

PG Emmanuel Mudiay, from Congo, but raised in Texas.  Went to China to play.  His season is over.

WCS won't crack the top 5 because he's 2-3 yrs older than the 4 top prospects. 

can't believe that kid lost to the beijing ducks

lol

what a story, very interesting kid

Speaking of Howard the Duck, does anyone remember the scene where Lea Thompson almost f*cked a giant duck? I mean, I really don't think that gets brought up enough anymore. I think I repressed this movie up until now.

Sidenote, is this where the saying, "go f*ck a duck came from?"  

Speaking of Howard the Duck, does anyone remember the scene where Lea Thompson almost f*cked a giant duck? I mean, I really don't think that gets brought up enough anymore. I think I repressed this movie up until now.

You see her ass in panties and bare legs in their prime in that scene.

Plot twist, their mascot is The Howard the Duck. Change your feelings on the loss now?

giphy.gif

That team also has a statue of Stephon Marbury outside their stadium and a musical about his life. HBO filmed a segment on it.

Cauley-Stein won't go top 5 but he is absolutely going top 10. The guy is going to average a double double in the nba.

Cap is going up to $85-90 million in 2 years. That means the time to sign a big free agent is THIS SUMMER.

Everyone will have cap space in 2 years.

But I bet we see a lot of players signing 1 year deals or 2-3 yr deals with 1 yr opt outs so they can jump on the cap escalation the following season.

Speaking of Howard the Duck, does anyone remember the scene where Lea Thompson almost f*cked a giant duck? I mean, I really don't think that gets brought up enough anymore. I think I repressed this movie up until now.

well that was a left turn, lol

Kinda sucks that Okafor and Towns are on opposite ends of the bracket. Would have really liked to see those two go up against each other on the big stage.

That was done purposefully since everyone wants a Kentucky-Duke final.  Hopefully it happens.  NBA fans need a new college-to-pros rivalry. 

I took Virginia to go all the way. They're boring as hell to watch but man they eventually grind everyone down.

I did 2 brackets, one the dream match up of Duke Kentucky with Duke winning, and the other Kentucky beating Virginia.

Also, Knicks came through with loss to Philly. The top lottery seed should be theirs

I did 2 brackets, one the dream match up of Duke Kentucky with Duke winning, and the other Kentucky beating Virginia.

Also, Knicks came through with loss to Philly. The top lottery seed should be theirs

It's just hard for me to imagine any team beating them. IMO they would have to have an off-night to lose. Even a team like Kentucky, you need experienced players to beat a system like Virginia runs. Really tough to counter when you're fielding so many underclassmen.

still not impressed with towns.  I'm not saying he can't play the NBA game, but it was very telling to me to see him run (well jog really) straight to the block on every UK possession while WCS ran to the high post.

towns turns his back to the basket and calls for the ball.  

he has skill, good vision as a passer, but almost all his rebounds are uncontested, the crowded/contested ones almost always go to someone else

I think he is soft to be honest.  He disappeared after the game got chippy.  

I'm hoping the kid from china, towns can go collect paychecks for 2 blocks per game for someone else

It's just hard for me to imagine any team beating them. IMO they would have to have an off-night to lose. Even a team like Kentucky, you need experienced players to beat a system like Virginia runs. Really tough to counter when you're fielding so many underclassmen.

All Fair points. And if I put money on them, they'd wind up losing to Nebraska in the Elite 8, because f*ck me and gambling. 

maybe SDSU is suffering from the virus and they have no energy.

but

considering their reputation defensively, Okafor is the #1 pick and it isn't even close.  Offensive skill and moves and touch and feel way beyond his years.  I give the edge in passing to Towns, but Okafor is no slouch in that dept

Okafor gets contested rebounds in traffic.

The best part is he understands he can't get into foul trouble so he plays sound post defense.  He bodies up, but he puts his hands straight up, no reaching in, no hacking no dumb sh*t

the NYK need the 1st pick in the worst way

If we get a towns/Okafor final that will be a great opportunity to say finally, but it didn't take me long to see enough

Okafor is the best and it's not close

maybe SDSU is suffering from the virus and they have no energy.

but

considering their reputation defensively, Okafor is the #1 pick and it isn't even close.  Offensive skill and moves and touch and feel way beyond his years.  I give the edge in passing to Towns, but Okafor is no slouch in that dept

Okafor gets contested rebounds in traffic.

The best part is he understands he can't get into foul trouble so he plays sound post defense.  He bodies up, but he puts his hands straight up, no reaching in, no hacking no dumb sh*t

the NYK need the 1st pick in the worst way

If we get a towns/Okafor final that will be a great opportunity to say finally, but it didn't take me long to see enough

Okafor is the best and it's not close

Either would be fine...

Okafor has been a monster these first 2 NCAA games. It's refreshing when a top prospect plays big in big games.

Knicks get top pick they're taking Okafor.

BTW, Marbury won his 3rd CBA title. China may make him a citizen

Archived