2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best is that he ripped his players on Twitter following the loss. It's fascinating really. The man is already absolving himself from the roster that he constructed.

It really is.

He was responsible for signing or bringing in 9 of the 15 to start the season and now this is essentially his whole roster sans Bargs and Tim. But now it's the players fault

It really is.

He was responsible for signing or bringing in 9 of the 15 to start the season and now this is essentially his whole roster sans-serif Bargs and Tim. But now it's the players fault

I agree with Boningo we won't begin to find out about Phil until the night of the draft this summer. If you want to win a championship in the nba you need a top draft pick and cap room. The spurs didn't become the spurs until David Robinson got hurt and they tanked the season en route to Tim Duncan.

I agree with Boningo we won't begin to find out about Phil until the night of the draft this summer. If you want to win a championship in the nba you need a top draft pick and cap room. The spurs didn't become the spurs until David Robinson got hurt and they tanked the season en route to Tim Duncan.

Ultimately, I'm not ready to kill Jax either at this point.  His moves and reaction to criticism now are suspect, but like I've said, he's been lucky his whole life.  If he gets lucky in the draft, the Knicks will be changed forever and Jax will look like a genius (or claim credit for it).

This is all going into his next book.

No to Rondo, dude is living off his reputation as of late and he's not a traditional player where you can plug him in and he's fine, his play is unorthodox and you need to fit around him.  I just want to land Okafor and build around him, no more quick fixes, that's what has screwed us in the past...which more than likely means that's what we are going to most likely do.

That's part of why they needed Dragic. Galloway is a nice story but he's more of a combo guard. Best case scenario is Marc Gasol and Karl Anthont Towns and maybe the Knicks who will still have about $10 mil left can get a pg from somewhere.

the jets always need a QB, and the knicks always need a PG

ugh.....

RIP mase

Anthony Mason dies at age of 48

Anthony Mason, a longtime NBA player who helped the New York Knicks reach the 1994 NBA Finals, has died at the age of 48.

ny_g_mason_d1_300x200.jpg
Anthony Mason played parts of 13 seasons in the NBA and was a key member of the 1993-94 Knicks team that reached the NBA Finals.

A Knicks spokesperson confirmed Mason's death to ESPN. The 13-year NBA veteran had been diagnosed with congestive heart failure earlier this month.

One of Mason's sons said earlier this week that his father was "getting better" following multiple heart surgeries.

Mason was a fan favorite during his five-year tenure with the Knicks. The 6-foot-7 forward teamed with Patrick Ewing,Charles Oakley and John Starks to help the Knicks win the Eastern Conference in 1994 and reach the NBA Finals, where they lost to the Houston Rockets in seven games.

Mason won the NBA's Sixth Man Award in 1994-95 as a member of the Knicks. He also played with the Charlotte HornetsMilwaukee Bucksand Miami Heat following his stint with the Knicks.

I would have paid to see Anthony Mason's reaction to you right now.

He's dead, so I'd stand a chance.

Vescey was on the FAN yesterday, talking about Mason. I had forgotten how hard Riley used to come down on him, including almost leaving him off the playoff roster.

Good back to back wins for Knicks and their psyche. Best part, they still have a game up on the top lottery seed.

Nice tribute to Mason last night at Garden. They should wear a black sash on their jersey shoulder

Mudiay finally being reactivated for Guangdong in best of 5 playoffs after getting torched by Marbury (41 pts in both games).

He needs to play more competitive games. Exum pulled that stop playing card last year to build up mystique which got him a top 5 pick, but he's stunk this year for Jazz.

Larkin's reaction is awesome

I'm a Mets, Jets, and Knicks guy. I've seen more awful teams than I'd like to admit. I think this really might be the worst team of a franchise that I've rooted for ever. Even the '96 Jets. '93 Mets are a contender for that too, but this Knicks team, something about it coming like almost two decades into the Dolan era that makes every game that much more depressing.

I'm a Mets, Jets, and Knicks guy. I've seen more awful teams than I'd like to admit. I think this really might be the worst team of a franchise that I've rooted for ever. Even the '96 Jets. '93 Mets are a contender for that too, but this Knicks team, something about it coming like almost two decades into the Dolan era that makes every game that much more depressing.

It really a talent chasm

It really a talent chasm

What makes it worse is that they won't just let the season be. What the hell is the point of giving Bargnani minutes? His contract is up, he is not being retained, and they can't trade him, yet we're really going to stick him out there for 30+ and let him heat up? And we're not just going to shut down Calderon?

What makes it worse is that they won't just let the season be. What the hell is the point of giving Bargnani minutes? His contract is up, he is not being retained, and they can't trade him, yet we're really going to stick him out there for 30+ and let him heat up? And we're not just going to shut down Calderon?

And don't forget starting a 32 yr old PF who they got on a 10 day contract.

Doesn't make sense. At least they're giving Early and Tim more minutes

And don't forget starting a 32 yr old PF who they got on a 10 day contract.

Doesn't make sense. At least they're giving Early and Tim more minutes

What I'm hoping is that the plan for the rest of the year is to develop what appear to be some pretty good bench players. Aldrich and Galloway can ball, definitely can see them being useful players on a good team.

BTW, that Cavs/Rockets game was bizarre. At one point there were 5 former Knicks on the court between both teams. Prigs, Ariza, Mozgov, JR, and Shump. 6 actually if you count Brewer.

What I'm hoping is that the plan for the rest of the year is to develop what appear to be some pretty good bench players. Aldrich and Galloway can ball, definitely can see them being useful players on a good team.

BTW, that Cavs/Rockets game was bizarre. At one point there were 5 former Knicks on the court between both teams. Prigs, Ariza, Mozgov, JR, and Shump. 6 actually if you count Brewer.

The only reasonable plan is to get these young guys playing time to get the growing pains out of the way because they have a lot of contracts to fill next year and they need young rotation guys to compliment the high draft pick and FA they sign (even if not top tier).

Yeah, that was strange seeing that in the Cavs/Rockers game.  It was the Ghosts of Knicksmas Past.

Mudiay finally being reactivated for Guangdong in best of 5 playoffs after getting torched by Marbury (41 pts in both games).

He needs to play more competitive games. Exum pulled that stop playing card last year to build up mystique which got him a top 5 pick, but he's stunk this year for Jazz.

Mudiay scares me and Okafor can't shoot free throws and isn't a great rebounder for someone with size. To me it's Towns or Russell or bust a nut.

Mudiay scares me and Okafor can't shoot free throws and isn't a great rebounder for someone with size. To me it's Towns or Russell or bust a nut.

I agree on Mudiay. I take Okafor over Towns because Okafor's offensive game is exceptional.  The FTs can be worked on and I hear on you on rebounding, but he is a beast on the offensive glass, which is important.  Regardless, if NYK get either Okafor/Towns/Russell I'm doing cartwheels.

I agree on Mudiay. I take Okafor over Towns because Okafor's offensive game is exceptional. The FTs can be worked on and I hear on you on rebounding, but he is a beast on the offensive glass, which is important. Regardless, if NYK get either Okafor/Towns/Russell I'm doing cartwheels.

I know he's just a child but how do you give up 32 to a way past his prime Marbury? Plus he had an ankle injury recently and I don't get playing in China over playing D1 college something strikes me as fishy about that.

Archived