2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

very disheartened by okafor.  that was one of the worst defensive rebounding performances I can remember by a big man in a big game.  he stood around watching while kaminsky and friends got 2nd chance points

couldn't keep the tank out of the lane

missed at least 3 point blank shots

at this point I hope the knicks fall to 3rd and take that PG from china 

Okafor was playing rope-a-dope with Kaminsky.  Okafor wore Kaminsky out at the end and Kaminsky couldn't guard him when it counted and missed all his shots down the stretch because he was gassed.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okafor got schooled by Kaminsky. Schooled. And 4 of his points were right place, right time points....not earned.

Give me Towns, please.

I didn't think either of them had a great tournament really. That kid from Notre Dame was destroying Towns for the better part of that game. It's not that big a deal. It's six games. Still would have been nice to see the two of them go head to head in the final.

Okafor was playing rope-a-dope with Kaminsky.  Okafor wore Kaminsky out at the end and Kaminsky couldn't guard him when it counted and missed all his shots down the stretch because he was gassed.

if standing in the lane with your hands at your side watching the shot clang off the rim while you are not blocking out is rope a dope then count me as fooled, lol

With the explosion of the cap, that extra $20 million will be easily absorbed. We'll see how it plays out.

Yeah I'm sure some team out there is willing to pay a past his prime ballhog cancer $35 million for one season of play. You really overrate the league's desire for our players. You crucify Phil for not getting all-stars in return for Shumpert and JR Smith and now Melo is easily trade able.

The opportunity to get rid of Melo was last summer. Phil should have let him go drive Thibodeau crazy in Chicago.

Okafor was playing rope-a-dope with Kaminsky. Okafor wore Kaminsky out at the end and Kaminsky couldn't guard him when it counted and missed all his shots down the stretch because he was gassed.

You guys gotta remember Towns/Okafor and Russell are 19 year old children. It's hard for a freshman to dominate the tournament.

Yeah I'm sure some team out there is willing to pay a past his prime ballhog cancer $35 million for one season of play. You really overrate the league's desire for our players. You crucify Phil for not getting all-stars in return for Shumpert and JR Smith and now Melo is easily trade able.

The opportunity to get rid of Melo was last summer. Phil should have let him go drive Thibodeau crazy in Chicago.

It's not just me, but the media and team execs who say that Jax should've gotten more for Chandler, JR and Shump.

Jax gave up 2 starters, one being a DPOY for 4 2nd rounders. Jax has done an abysmal job. Lucky for him he can reset this summer

You guys gotta remember Towns/Okafor and Russell are 19 year old children. It's hard for a freshman to dominate the tournament.

I know they're young.  All three played well as freshman.

They're growing in their game and physically.  That's why I think it's ridiculous when people say that Okafor is close to a finished product.  No, he isn't.  He still hasn't experienced an NBA offseason program, eight training, diet, etc., he hasn't been coached by the pros or played with pros to learn the nuance of the NBA game.  Both he and Towns are known as smart players and hard workers.  Both are going to improve their deficiencies.

It's not just me, but the media and team execs who say that Jax should've gotten more for Chandler, JR and Shump.

Jax gave up 2 starters, one being a DPOY for 4 2nd rounders. Jax has done an abysmal job. Lucky for him he can reset this summer

Jr Smith is a head case with a bad contract that nobody wanted. How we're supposed to get a package of draft picks for that guy is beyond me.

The Chandler trade sucked but even if it's unintentional it will end up with us getting a top 3 pick which is exactly what the franchise needed.

I knew how to box out while playing zone when I was 14.  As a 19 year old, okafor should be able to run for hours, at least more than 5 minutes.  All bigs get tired because they have to run the entire length o the floor every possesion, but I noticed it early on with okafor.  his conditioning is awful and at his age it should be off the charts.  When I was 19 I would ride my bike (uphill both ways) to play pick up games for hours

he looks like he just smoked a pack of cigarettes and ate a thanksgiving dinner

none of this is polish or experience.  I was super unimpressed with okafor in the title game

my icon is akeem, so I am judging them by a high standard.  19 year old akeem would destroy either guy.  just wipe the floor with them.  neither guy is a franchise changing player

I knew how to box out while playing zone when I was 14.  As a 19 year old, okafor should be able to run for hours, at least more than 5 minutes.  All bigs get tired because they have to run the entire length o the floor every possesion, but I noticed it early on with okafor.  his conditioning is awful and at his age it should be off the charts.  When I was 19 I would ride my bike (uphill both ways) to play pick up games for hours

none of this is polish or experience.  I was super unimpressed with okafor in the title game

my icon is akeem, so I am judging them by a high standard.  19 year old akeem would destroy either guy.  just wipe the floor with them.  neither guy is a franchise changing player

That I agree with. 

And I disagree which is good because it gives us the next 15 years to debate my new favorite player (whomever the Knicks draft).

Melo and Okafor on the floor together would be so fun, if you find dunk contests against your own squad "fun."

I knew how to box out while playing zone when I was 14. As a 19 year old, okafor should be able to run for hours, at least more than 5 minutes. All bigs get tired because they have to run the entire length o the floor every possesion, but I noticed it early on with okafor. his conditioning is awful and at his age it should be off the charts. When I was 19 I would ride my bike (uphill both ways) to play pick up games for hours

none of this is polish or experience. I was super unimpressed with okafor in the title game

my icon is akeem, so I am judging them by a high standard. 19 year old akeem would destroy either guy. just wipe the floor with them. neither guy is a franchise changing player

You're just being dismissive now. Experience is a big factor in big games. Wisconsin's players had been together for 3 years and were battle tested.

The best players simply don't stay in college long enough anymore to dominate the tournament. The days of Patrick Ewing playing 4 years at Georgetown are long gone.

As far as conditioning goes that is a concern but cardio can be built up easily.

You're just being dismissive now. Experience is a big factor in big games. Wisconsin's players had been together for 3 years and were battle tested.

The best players simply don't stay in college long enough anymore to dominate the tournament. The days of Patrick Ewing playing 4 years at Georgetown are long gone.

As far as conditioning goes that is a concern but cardio can be built up easily.

how can you practice 6 days a week and need a rest after 5 minutes ?  I dunno, maybe he has asthma or an injury but that was eye opening.  He would be awful with melo,  they are the same guy.  okafor just goes through the motions until he gets the ball and then suddenly he has energy, lol

how can you practice 6 days a week and need a rest after 5 minutes ?  I dunno, maybe he has asthma or an injury but that was eye opening.  He would be awful with melo,  they are the same guy.  okafor just goes through the motions until he gets the ball and then suddenly he has energy, lol

He's 270 lbs at 18 years of age.  Once he's in an NBA workout regiment with dietitians, weightraining and practice, he'll have more energy.

He's 270 lbs at 18 years of age.  Once he's in an NBA workout regiment with dietitians, weightraining and practice, he'll have more energy.

I could run for days when I was 18, there is no excuse for it, none.  Don't get your hopes up on this kid.  He is playing for a contract and he's out of shape.  Once he gets paid I wouldn't bank on it getting better

okafor and melo would be an unmitigated disaster

Isn't that also where Shyne shot a bunch of people?

Lol haven't thought of that name in forever, Bad Boyz used to be our jam whenever we would put on the gloves.  Now there's a guy who walked his talk; f*cking shooting up a club in manhattan at 19.  

Fun fact, he got deported back to Belize. I always thought the kid was straight outta Brooklyn. 

how can you practice 6 days a week and need a rest after 5 minutes ? I dunno, maybe he has asthma or an injury but that was eye opening. He would be awful with melo, they are the same guy. okafor just goes through the motions until he gets the ball and then suddenly he has energy, lol

I agree Okafor/ Melo would be as bad chemistry wise or worse than Amare/Melo. Basketball players don't build up stamina unless they're in game action and the nba season is longer and games are much more frequent. Okafor will develop stamina in the nba

Archived