Sheldon Richardson Named Team MVP

AFJF

http://www.jetnation.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=27371&action=edit&message=1

In an announcement that should come as no surprise, Brian Costello is reporting that New York Jets Defensive Lineman Sheldon Richardson has been voted the team's MVP by teammates.  Richardson, last season's defensive rookie of the year, takes home a team award this year.  Currently the second highest rated 3-4 DE in the NFL by Pro Football Focus (PFF.com), Richardson has continued to dominate despite what will likely be a three win season for the Jets.  Richardson currently leads the Jets with eight sacks.

Watch that one play where he tipped the ball in the air before it got caught by a Pats receiver who then had a 1st down. That's all you need to know about Sheldon. He went bananas when everyone else basically just stood there accepting failure/losing. This guy is all passion, heart and effort.

Well deserved, it wasn't even close. I don't care if this guy ever gets traded or leaves via free agency, I'll always root for him, always will have respect for the way he plays and approaches the game. One of the rare guys in football that actually hates losing. I hope not just for our own sake but also for him that he doesn't have to go through another year like that. These types of seasons can really break somebody who is constantly trying to win, avoid to lose. At some point people get used to it, they just give in and accept it. Ruins would be hall of famers...

If there is one thing Idzik has done right, it was drafting this man.I DESPISED that pick when it happened.

My favorite play by him isn't a standout sack or tackle for a loss, it's when he booked it and nearly caught up with that WR on the last play of the Minnesota game. Deep into a lost season, it'd be easy to understand almost any player throwing in the towel in that scenario. I think that it's a testament to not only his athleticism, but his zeal and dedication to this franchise. If every Jet player had a motor like Richardson, we'd be in the Playoffs every year.

If there is one thing Idzik has done right, it was drafting this man.I DESPISED that pick when it happened.

My favorite play by him isn't a standout sack or tackle for a loss, it's when he booked it and nearly caught up with that WR on the last play of the Minnesota game. Deep into a lost season, it'd be easy to understand almost any player throwing in the towel in that scenario. I think that it's a testament to not only his athleticism, but his zeal and dedication to this franchise. If every Jet player had a motor like Richardson, we'd be in the Playoffs every year.

Only above average pick we've had in 2 years...and we've had a lot of picks.

Here comes your dilemma.

Sheldon most likely will also be chosen for the Pro Bowl tonight.

How much is Mo Wilkerson worth?

You can't sign them all!

Would Atlanta be willing to give up a 1st for Big Mo?

Their GM is a gambler, Mo is a sure thing right now.

Jets need BOLD moves! I would rather sign Suh for 3 million more per season (when do young animals like him become available?

Now you would have 2 first round draft picks & you lower you cap hit in other parts of the team, (Cooper, instead of Harvin)

That's 8 million right there. Are there any stud pass rushing LBs we can pair with Davis?

Is there a stud CB in the 1st 3rd of this draft?

I hated the CJ free agent signing! 4 million? I wanted to draft Tre Mason in the 3rd round last year.

This is where a guy like Casserly can add some NFL experience. Someone that understands the cap, future ramifications ect.

I'd rather have the Jets fail by trying to be great than have them just keep trotting out the same sh*t every year

What did having one of the best Dlines get us this year? 3 wins. We need a lot of help in too many areas to be postion heavy in only one area.

Here comes your dilemma.

Sheldon most likely will also be chosen for the Pro Bowl tonight.

How much is Mo Wilkerson worth?

You can't sign them all!

Would Atlanta be willing to give up a 1st for Big Mo? 

Their GM is a gambler, Mo is a sure thing right now.

Jets need BOLD moves! I would rather sign Suh for 3 million more per season (when do young animals like him become available?

Now you would have 2 first round draft picks & you lower you cap hit in other parts of the team, (Cooper, instead of Harvin)

That's 8 million right there. Are there any stud pass rushing LBs we can pair with Davis?

Is there a stud CB in the 1st 3rd of this draft?

I hated the CJ free agent signing! 4 million? I wanted to draft Tre Mason in the 3rd round last year.

This is where a guy like Casserly can add some NFL experience. Someone that understands the cap, future ramifications ect.

I'd rather have the Jets fail by trying to be great than have them just keep trotting out the same sh*t every year 

What did having one of the best Dlines get us this year? 3 wins. We need a lot of help in too many areas to be postion heavy in only one area. 

I like the idea of bringing Suh onto the team, however I don't think that they should part with Wilk because of it. This might just be the optimist in me talking, but I would love a scenario where we cut Harvin and put that savings towards signing Suh. We could probably draft an adequate replacement at WR and he'd only cost a fraction of Harvin's contract. 

Now, I know that trying to upgrade other areas of our defense would prove to be difficult if we had so much money tied up in our front four. My counter argument: who cares? I'd happily go into 2015 with Milliner, McDougle, Pryor, Allen/ Jarrett, and some moderately priced veteran (along the lines of Landry) if it meant we'd have a front four of Suh, Wilkerson, Richardson, and Coples. You'd HARDLY ever have to bring pressure and even a marginally talented LB corp would be more than enough to help stop the run with those four. That being said, the success of this would hinge on Coples developing into a good, consistent player. I believe that given what we've seen from him when he has been asked to solely play the line, he has the skill set to excel. 

But yeah, it's just a pipe dream.

Archived