Lethal Weapon Mafia Game - SCUM WINS

Gone

1. Tommy - Well duh

2. Lily - it's been forever since I've played with the Lils, but I enjoy it.  She can be quieter like me in early game, but she generally posts more as it progresses.

4. 80 - JN'er, I don't know as well as I'd like :)

5. JiF - JN'er, I don't know as well as I'd like :)

6. Crusher - JN'er, I don't know as well as I'd like :)

7. JC - JN'er, I don't know as well as I'd like :)

8. Smash - JN'er, I don't know as well as I'd like :)

9. Krak - Being quiet this game, but I can normally get a feel from him

10. Nolder - We're like oil and water I fear sometimes v.v'

11. Tress - I know Tressy well from DM

12. Arsis - JN'er, but he's played with us often, I stink at reading him though, most times I read him as scum.

13. Yates - I can read him, but apparently he's not going to be here for a while

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mhmmm

I guess I just don't care as much anymore.

Had you caught me about a year and a half ago I'd be right there screaming next to you.

I've just decided that people aren't going to change. Some just get busy and others just give no ****s.

If I want to play mafia I will just have to put up with that bullsh*t. Doesn't mean I wont call out inactivity, I will and I will be harsh.

But I think I'm just done going on 10+ post rants about it.

No one is listening Tom.

I got tired of shouting into the wind. You will too eventually.

You played on POG, you know what my standard of activity is, but let's stop talking about it since it's not helping. As long as you understand me it's fine.

1. Tommy - Well duh

2. Lily - it's been forever since I've played with the Lils, but I enjoy it.  She can be quieter like me in early game, but she generally posts more as it progresses.

12. Arsis - JN'er, but he's played with us often, I stink at reading him though, most times I read him as scum.

13. Yates - I can read him, but apparently he's not going to be here for a while

Gotcha, so... your top 2 townies and top 2 scum candidates right now are?

Nol, and possibly JiF.  A lot of people are being quiet.

I've got you, and that's about it for confident town reads.

Well I doubt Nolder is scum, he seems too open for that but maybe he'll surprise me! JiF is kind of a consensus scum read, isn't he? You said you don't know him, so what don't you like about him? He's openly softing a PR, that seems ballsy on D1 as scum?

I want to play games with players who are competent. The less competent you act the more annoyed I will be. It's how you can tell I'm town actually, if I were scum I'd be laughing it up right now.

This is a real problem in mafia games and something that I try to actively avoid on D1 because it's more likely that the loud and proud players are townies and the people letting it happen are scum. That's why it's unacceptable that we have something like 7 players who aren't actively participating; there's little chance I can correctly peg 3/7 on D1, and if any of the scum are posting a lot (which usually does happen, there will be 1 louder scum generally, unless the team sucks) then it's 2/7 and those aren't great odds, especially with people I don't know.

Do you understand why this bothers me?

Tom - I like you.  But this is our community.  This is how we play.  Adapt brother.  There isnt one correct end all be all method of playing mafia.  I tend to think our game play is actually very high.  Scum never wins around here...or at least, its very rare. 

And do you come from DM?  I cant play there its sooooo slow.  So I'm a little confused on how you're used to something different. 

1. Tommy - Well duh

I like my vote.  I'm calling bull sh*t on this.  You've played enough here to know us.

Tom - I like you.  But this is our community.  This is how we play.  Adapt brother.  There isnt one correct end all be all method of playing mafia.  I tend to think our game play is actually very high.  Scum never wins around here...or at least, its very rare. 

And do you come from DM?  I cant play there its sooooo slow.  So I'm a little confused on how you're used to something different. 

I'm aware, which is why I'm torn between "trying to relax" and "getting annoyed"; it's not easy being Tom!

I don't play on DM anymore, one reason being that it IS slow. I mostly play on POG. Activity is high there. Here's a game I'm hosting right now: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/game-thread-1-27-top-tier-v-ww-c9-setup-13er-1506508/ about 200 posts in 3 hours, and that's kinda slow.

I got this for you: http://i.imgur.com/pkCQvyh.jpg

I like my vote.  I'm calling bull sh*t on this.  You've played enough here to know us.

Yeah I didn't like it either, my hesitation being that bare-bones reasoning isn't always a scumtell for her, but Hallia I think you're being one dimensional.

I'm aware, which is why I'm torn between "trying to relax" and "getting annoyed"; it's not easy being Tom!

I don't play on DM anymore, one reason being that it IS slow. I mostly play on POG. Activity is high there. Here's a game I'm hosting right now: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/game-thread-1-27-top-tier-v-ww-c9-setup-13er-1506508/ about 200 posts in 3 hours, and that's kinda slow.

Cool. Thanks for sharing. Another thing to keep in mind so you don't get annoyed or frustrated. You're playing mafia on a Football forum. Chew on that. We are a bunch of meat heads

1. Tommy - Well duh

Halia has 500 post here playing mafia and yet does not know how any of us play?  Nothing here but words and smileys.  

Haha - just followed the link. That's more like it. GFY used to rule #14 around here.

HAHA WHAT??

Look you can think what you want about whether it's nudging on Tom but you can't tell me he isn't acting excessively angry right now.

He's even admitted it. He's frustrated with how other games have gone and says he's seeing more of the same here.

Also I don't even understand the bit about him being "new". He's not new to mafia or to me, just to JN. But I don't get why you'd be pointing that out.

Like...so what?

Tom is acting like a hungry Crusher right now but he is doing it with what to me is perceived honesty. He is not just acting like he is mad but very concisely expressing his anger at it is coming off as genuine.  I refuse to try and guess his aligment but I would lie to say if he turns out scum I would not be impressed.

JiF is so hot and awesome.  Seems to be just doing his batman thing. Would like a little more scum hunting.  Mostly cause it turns me on.

Smash has not done a single thing yet.  usual ok for him on day 1 but last couple game he has turned up his day 1 activity.

Yates?  Wish him the best with what he has going on. But if he can;t get here soon maybe a replacement. nothing against him but we have enough inherently slow players would be nice to have new blood.

Arsis?  Seen him do this same baseless attacking thing at DM.  Were he calls someone out then the person responds and no matter what way the argument go's he just digs his heal in.  He was town.  

Halia at first I thought nothing of people accusing her but her summary screams, "Look at all Im doing."  You look and nothing and I mean nothing is there. She got some votes for being inactive so it makes sense she is trying to be active.  Could be town with nothing to say but her and Arsis feel the mostly anti-town to me.  Not ready to use the s word yet.

Krak still like my intial read on him for scum.  No problem keeping my vote here but I will go back and read it again to get it in context.

Nolder.  Looked at him and he was in full nuttyh professor mode early and seems Tome is acting as his in game Ritalin and I see Nolder focusing some now and yes... you go it.. he is off to bed.  DM'ers FTW.  LOL

Jetscode has not called me out once yet and when he did post we seem to be on the same wavelength.  He loves to try and call me out to try and get me lynched when he is scum.  Null to town on him for now.

Anybody else I missed I will talk about eventually or not.  This is whats fresh of my bacon brain.

Thanks Crusher. That helps.

Vote: Krak

Krak/Hallia are both LHF in games but that doesn't mean they don't have to play and make sense. I know both are capable of it. Krak generally posts more as town than scum. I'm thinking he's either disinterested or scum, either way let's see some effort. Hallia is getting the love, let's spread it.

You're right about Arsis being extremely narrow minded and stubborn as town, which is like 60% of why I got so mad in the first place, my awareness that he can be this BLEH and still be town. But that comment makes me feel good about you.

1. Tommy - Well duh

10. Nolder - We're like oil and water I fear sometimes v.v

Gotcha, so... your top 2 townies and top 2 scum candidates right now are?

Nol, and possibly JiF.  A lot of people are being quiet.

I've got you, and that's about it for confident town reads.

Can you give us some real reasons for those three being your top reads for town and scum?

Unvote vote Hallia

Archived