QB Thoughts

KRL

I think good may be stretching it, but certainly intriguing.  More TDs than INTs in such a young QB is a great start, particularly with a defensive coach.  I think the Jets would have been ecstatic with that kind of performance.  I'm not giving up a 2nd for him though, even if he is dirt cheap.  He makes even less than Geno!

Maybe "satisfactory" was the right word. He's definitely intriguing though and I feel that if he came to a team that actually wanted him he could really turn into something good. I dont know about giving up a 2nd rounder for him, but I do like what I see. I think a 3rd rounder would get it done. Tampa will be able to get their man with Winston and they break even by getting a 3rd rounder for Glennon. 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't touch Bradford with a 10-foot pole. First of all the instant the pole makes contact will put him on the shelf for six to eight weeks. Then the first d-lineman that sacks him puts him out for the rest of the season. I have a couple of good friends who are lifelong Rams fans and they say buyer beware. He hasn't played a full season yet. Why would that change in NY?  

This 100000000000000000000000000000000 TIMES!!!

Bradfod?????

Come On Guys!!!!

I wouldnt mind that at all. Im high on Glennon because I think acquiring him is much more realistic than finding a way to get Foles. 

Going back and watching Tampa bay's games last night (Thanks to CM28) It just reconfirmed what I felt about Glennon and Tampa. Glennon is on a bad team no doubt, but he gets no support from the organization and the problems that I see the Bucs have on offense Jameis Winston wont be able to fix. 

I'd give Tampa this years 3rd rounder for Mike Glennon no question. 

Glenn is a quality player.. No doubt

I think out of all the QB available, Bradford is the one with the most upside.  If he becomes available I hope the Jets try to bring him here.

Im not to sure about Sam. He's been out of the league almost 2 years with that Knee injury. Atleast his shoulder has held up since college. If he makes a complete recovery then whomever took that risked could be highly rewarded. I just didnt like the way he went down in the preseason, he was barely touched. 

Really? The same Mike Glennon that hasn't done squat with TWO top WR's? He's going to come here with the trash we have at the position and do well? Please.

2:1 TD/INT ratio.

And you act like he got to play with Mike Evans for more than five games.

Also, Decker/Harvin/Kerley are far from trash. It's probably the best group of WRs in the AFC East.

Im not to sure about Sam. He's been out of the league almost 2 years with that Knee injury. Atleast his shoulder has held up since college. If he makes a complete recovery then whomever took that risked could be highly rewarded. I just didnt like the way he went down in the preseason, he was barely touched. 

Just before he got injured, he was putting together all his potential.  I can see this guy with the right coach being the next D. Brees.

Just to throw out there, Mike Glennon has a better TD/INT ratio, QBR and RAT. 

Not sure about that D.Brees comment though. 

Really? Just before Bradford got injured he had 14 td and 4 int.  Last year Glennon had 10 td and 6 int.  Like I said Bradford was putting everything together before the injure.

My comment about Brees was that nobody saw it coming when he went from the Chargers being a serviceable QB to the Saints being an elite QB.  I think Bradford could be good with the right coach.  

Really? Just before Bradford got injured he had 14 td and 4 int.  Last year Glennon had 10 td and 6 int.  Like I said Bradford was putting everything together before the injure.

My comment about Brees was that nobody saw it coming when he went from the Chargers being a serviceable QB to the Saints being an elite QB.  I think Bradford could be good with the right coach.  

Brees had a 27 TD -7 INT season in SD. He was well on his way. 

Brees emerged as elite before he left SD, you're wrong again.

I understood your comment about Brees, but lets be truthful about this, the only correlation between Bradford and Brees are significant injuries. Bradford's 2013 was looking pretty promising before the injury, but his 4th year wasn't close to Brees 4th year in San Diego, though it was looking good. 

Also, Brees was a Probowler before going to N.O. its not like the guy just burst on the scene on some Russell Wilson sh_t. No one doubted Brees ability to be a QB, they doubted that he could return from an injury that basically ripped his shoulder apart. 

You believe in Sam, I give you props for defending your guy. As I said, if he can bounce back from that injury and be what you think he is then someone is going to hit big. But as I also said, this wasnt a one time injury like it was with Brees. Bradford barely got touched when he tore his ACL for a second time. 

Though I hear what you're saying, here me, I dont think the Jets are in a position to grab an injury prone QB like that when the teams concern has been about injury prone players for the past couple years (Dee Milliner, Dexter McDougal etc.) Injuries wrecked our season last year. Also, Drew Brees for the most part didnt miss a beat with that injury, Sam Bradford has been out of the league since 2013. 

Just like Bradford 14-4 before he got injured.  Also on his way.  

14-4 is great. We can even average it out to a projection and it would look good. But you can't compare that to what ACTUALLY HAPPENED which was a 27 TD-7 INT year for Brees. 

You're making it seem like hypotheticals are stats now. Having a good 7 game start isn't considered "on his way". He had a good start to the season before he got hurt. But please remember that you're comparing this guy to arguably the best pure passing QB in history. I wouldnt do that because he had a solid 7 game stretch. 

You can sign me up for Mike Glennon, and signing a journeyman backup type also.

Out of the box thinking: I wouldn't mind seeing what Brock Osweiler could be acquired for.

Whats Peyton going to do? 

As for the other backup, maybe Jason Campbell? I wanted him a few years back to back up Sanchez. What about Ryan Mallet? If we could get Glennon, Campbell and Mallet I'd be good with that. Im kinda disregarding Geno, I know. He did say he was coming back with a vengeance, but I simply prefer to see it in stead of hearing it lol. 

Whats Peyton going to do? 

As for the other backup, maybe Jason Campbell? I wanted him a few years back to back up Sanchez. What about Ryan Mallet? If we could get Glennon, Campbell and Mallet I'd be good with that. Im kinda disregarding Geno, I know. He did say he was coming back with a vengeance, but I simply prefer to see it in stead of hearing it lol. 

I just get the sense that Elway isn't going to eff around, if Peyton isn't coming back, Elway is going to do something at QB other than go all-in on Osweiler. Us on the other hand, we are in a position where bringing him here to take him from back-up to starter (if he's good enough). We aren't built to win now.

They aren't finding a top option in FA. they aren't getting Winston or Mariota.  That's not Jets luck. 

the best Jets fans can realistically hope for is a top of rd 2 QB like maybe Hundley who can compete with Geno hopefully 

should have drafted one last year... Bridgewater, Carr, even  Jimmy  Garoppolo  could have saved Idzik's job. This year's QB crop is atrocious.

They aren't finding a top option in FA. they aren't getting Winston or Mariota.  That's not Jets luck. 

the best Jets fans can realistically hope for is a top of rd 2 QB like maybe (use either "like" or "maybe" not both) Hundley who can compete with Geno hopefully (why use hopefully here?  Does it really add anything?)

should have drafted one last year... Bridgewater, Carr, even  Jimmy  Garoppolo  (two spaces here needs to be fixed) could have saved Idzik's job. This year's QB crop is atrocious.

Really disappointed by the quality of this post.  The content was worthwhile but many readers will be unable to look past some of those errors.

the best Jets fans can realistically hope for is a top of rd 2 QB like maybe Hundley who can compete with Geno hopefully 

should have drafted one last year... Bridgewater, Carr, even  Jimmy  Garoppolo  could have saved Idzik's job. This year's QB crop is atrocious.

With teams like the Texans and Bears, I doubt Hundley makes it to the 2nd round. The Texans really blew it last year. I think they're going to be more aggressive with drafting a QB, and if Hundley looks good at the combine he's most likely going in the 1st round as well. But like you said, this QB crop isn't the best. 

I just get the sense that Elway isn't going to eff around, if Peyton isn't coming back, Elway is going to do something at QB other than go all-in on Osweiler. Us on the other hand, we are in a position where bringing him here to take him from back-up to starter (if he's good enough). We aren't built to win now.

Nick Foles to Denver somehow? 

Nick Foles to Denver somehow? 

I don't know - I just know Elway's not going to go into the season with a "development" situation / question mark at QB. It's his old position, he knows how integral to winning it is, and he doesn't **** around. He's one of the most competitive individuals in the league.

Bradford is too brittle. If he does not come to the Jets cheaply they should pass. Glennon could be better than Geno. He will at least give Geno a push. I certainly would not annoint a starter at this point.

Not a good draft for QB's this year. I do like Winston over Marcus though.

Brees emerged as elite before he left SD, you're wrong again.

And you win, right? idiot. lol   In 2005, his final year with the Chargers, he posted a career high in passing yards with 3,576, 24 TD 15 INT, the prior year 2004 3,159 27 TD 7 INT and before that 2,108 with 11 TD 15 INT.  Only one playoff appearance in 5 season.  :huh:   

If we lower to your standard, then Matt Hasselbeck was elite and about anybody in the league with average stats.  Right now, Ryan Tannehill is elite too, right APE? :animal0029:  

And you win, right? idiot. lol In 2005, his final year with the Chargers, he posted a career high in passing yards with 3,576, 24 TD 15 INT, the prior year 2004

3,159 27 TD 7 INT and before that 2,108 with 11 TD 15 INT. Only one playoff appearance in 5 season.

:huh:

If we lower to your standard, then Matt Hasselbeck was elite and about anybody in the league with average stats. Right now, Ryan Tannehill is elite too, right APE? :animal0029:

Why are you calling me an idiot for pointing outan absolute given? Bree's EMERGED as elite before leaving SD. Do you know what emerged means?

Citing a bunch of stats out of context doesn't tell the whole story. Did you ever watch Bree's play in SD?

A couple of things:

It'll be interesting to see what Tampa/TN do at the top of the draft, because that shapes our future.  However, since free agency comes before the draft (I'm not sure why they won't reverse that, makes more sense) we would have to make a decision on QB before the draft.  After the top two, you may as well hand the job to Geno because there is absolutely no one else in the draft that can be a productive starter next year.  So, then we have to invest decent money in someone (or picks) to get our competition for Geno.  At that point we've invested in Geno, whoever we get to compete with him, and then possibly go for a top 6 pick QB?  I think that'll be over-investing in a position without a lock down answer.    

Why do people hate Glennon?  Schiano never seemed to like him much, and Lovie hated him.  How much better than Geno is he?  He had an 83 rating this year, which is a grand 6 points higher than Geno, and played with two stud WRs that are all pro caliber.  I'm not sure why I would want to pay more assets especially when we're low on assets to pick up Glennon, when the payoff might just not be an greater.  To me Glennon is a below average QB, and so is Geno.  He maybe slightly better than Geno, but he's not enough of an improvement to actually do anything with our team unless he drastically improves.   

Archived