Peterson on Cro: "That's all he talks about is freaking New York."

pointman

Not one decent play? How come I remember 1 play where he almost picked the ball off and then later in the game did pick the ball off.

Did you watch the game? Did you see the INT? I honestly don't care for INTs if you're getting toasted left and right. Especially not ones that are gifted to you. Flatout terrible throws. Where you get rewarded for bad coverage instead of being punished. That's what I meant earlier, people care too much about INTs and stats and all that. Watch him play. He stinks. Ask any Cards fan what he thinks of Cro. He was just as inconsistent last year as he was with us in his final year. He even got toasted more times. Think Darrin Walls times two. He gave up more yards and touchdowns to Demaryius Thomas in one game than elite corners like Revis/Sherman gave up to EVERY receiver they played in 16 games COMBINED. The ******* guy went 8 straight games without even breaking up a single pass from week 9-17. I don't understand why anybody would want him back. It's mind boggling how much hype this guy gets.

Someone in another thread brought up a good point. Bring back Cro and another vet as stop gap guys who can actually play while we see if the walking injury brothers (Milliner and Mcdougle) can stay on the field and to what level they can contribute. If they can't then we know we need more permanent replacements either through the draft or FA.

We just may have two guys on the team who can be the CB's for the foreseeable future but counting on them like we did this past season simply isn't worth it.

For what it's worth, I have zero confidence that Milliner will be able to make it as a full time starter with his injury history.

Okay for now on, that is what I will be calling those dudes; classic!! 

Did you watch the game? Did you see the INT? I honestly don't care for INTs if you're getting toasted left and right. Especially not ones that are gifted to you. Flatout terrible throws. Where you get rewarded for bad coverage instead of being punished. That's what I meant earlier, people care too much about INTs and stats and all that. Watch him play. He stinks. Ask any Cards fan what he thinks of Cro. He was just as inconsistent last year as he was with us in his final year. He even got toasted more times. Think Darrin Walls times two. He gave up more yards and touchdowns to Demaryius Thomas in one game than elite corners like Revis/Sherman gave up to EVERY receiver they played in 16 games COMBINED. The ******* guy went 8 straight games without even breaking up a single pass from week 9-17. I don't understand why anybody would want him back. It's mind boggling how much hype this guy gets.

I gather that Bowles watched the game, as well as the entire season since he was the DC. If he thinks Cro is worth bringing back to NY that is good enough for me.   I think his viewpoint might be more relevant than some Cardinal or Jet fan on a message board (no offense).

Or just beat him to it while picking up Joe Haden on the way. Meh on Cro, but I guess it doesn't matter.

Feel the same way on Cro; I liked him personally but his last year here was nothing to write home about (hip pointer injury was surely a factor.)  If he comes cheap, and Bowles wants him, I am okay with that.   

"Young" "less expensive" and "CB" are three words combined that don't compute.  Teams don't just let talented young corners walk anymore.

Remember when I was nuts for...I can buy what you're saying about Cromartie THO. He will come cheap.

I like Antrel Rolle as a low commit veteran DB too.

Oh please God no

Freaking cancer. You know he gets hurt in camp after we give him a three year deal

Fans are so hungry for CBs they think he is great.

Joe.  My man.  Dufaq?  He's a top level guy.  Fast and has great twitch, covers above average and is a solid teammate.  Cancer?  How?  When?  Why is Peterson looking to hang on to a cancer, then?  Cro is an exceptional athlete, I've seen him hit cruse control in warmups and stride a 4.4.  And he loves it here.  And he's instantly our #1 corner if we sign him.  So....yeh, I don't get it.  Champ bailey played well into his sixties and he doesn't have half the child support payments Cro has spurring him on.  Think about it, man, for the love of Pete, think about it.

Do you trust Milliner and McDougle to be healthy? I don't. In that case those CB's from rounds 2-4 will be thrown to the wolves. Does it truly hurt the Jets to sign Cro for let's say 2/6? I'm all for drafting CB in the rounds you mentioned by the way. I'm sure there are some other intriguing CB's on the market like you mentioned so we'll see how it plays out. I just don't see how it hurts us.

Why do you think Cro signs for 2 years @3mill per? That is less than he signed for last year on a prove it deal with Arizona?  He did get voted to the probowl, you know.

Cro will easily get 2 years 11 mill and most likely closer to the  3 years @ 6 mill that Browner got from NE.  Cro is the 3rd ranked corner on most FA lists.

3mill a year guys are guys like Skrine, Butler etc.  This is cro's last chance to put 16 kids thru college.

Why do you think Cro signs for 2 years @3mill per? That is less than he signed for last year on a prove it deal with Arizona?  He did get voted to the probowl, you know.

Cro will easily get 2 years 11 mill and most likely closer to the  3 years @ 6 mill that Browner got from NE.  Cro is the 3rd ranked corner on most FA lists.

3mill a year guys are guys like Skrine, Butler etc.  This is cro's last chance to put 16 kids thru college.

Cro signed a 1 year deal for 2 million last year no? I think Cro's contract will be closer 2/6 than 3/18. Just my speculation, could be wrong obviously. 

Cro signed a 1 year deal for 2 million last year no? I think Cro's contract will be closer 2/6 than 3/18. Just my speculation, could be wrong obviously. 

No 4 mill  his base was 2.25, got a 1mill SB, 1/4 mill roster and 1/2 in playing time incentives. And that was coming off the worse year of his career. I know the pro bowl can be a somewhat a farce  and that he would not have made it if it was for Revis and Sherman playing the SB, but he was selected.

Darius Butler, Buster Skrine, Tarrel Brown, Thurmond may be guys at 3-4 mill per

No 4 mill  his base was 2.25, got a 1mill SB, 1/4 mill roster and 1/2 in playing time incentives. And that was coming off the worse year of his career. I know the pro bowl can be a somewhat a farce  and that he would not have made it if it was for Revis and Sherman playing the SB, but he was selected.

Darius Butler, Buster Skrine, Tarrel Brown, Thurmond may be guys at 3-4 mill per

I thought it was $3.5, but whatever.  It sure would have been money better spent than giving up a pick for the privilege of paying double for half a season of Harvin.

Out of those names, I'd lean towards Tarell Brown who did make $3.5M.  I wanted to target him as a 2nd tier guy last season.  I am not a big Buster Skrine fan, but he'd sure be an upgrade.

I think we might  know for a damn fact that we already have one on the roster.  Dexter McDougle.  I say that with zero facts to back it up, I realize.

That being said, I welcome him back as our #2 corner.  He'll likely come cheap and knows Bowles' system.  He basically spent his year in AZ rehabbing that hip so I'm not too worried about it.  Do I wish the guy used his long arms to be more physical with WR's at the line?  Absolutely.  But the skillset he does bring to the table is better than what we could get for the same price-tag.

^^ Listen to him.  Kid gets it. 

No 4 mill his base was 2.25, got a 1mill SB, 1/4 mill roster and 1/2 in playing time incentives. And that was coming off the worse year of his career. I know the pro bowl can be a somewhat a farce and that he would not have made it if it was for Revis and Sherman playing the SB, but he was selected.

When will people understand Thurmond isn't a damn FA! He signed with the Giants last offseason.. you are thinking of Maxwell.

Archived