Combine Participants

KRL

And this is why I want nothing to do with Winston. I've been saying the samething just not as eloquent.

Cut/paste from the NFL page

WEAKNESSES

Decision making not consistent with his football intelligence. Will throw into impossible windows rather than taking safe throw underneath. Elongated windup and release allows instinctive defenders to close on throws. Was too easily baited into dangerous throws. Struggled with intermediate passing game in 2014, completing 56.8 percent of his passes with FBS-leading 11 interceptions in that range. Still learning nuances of position and how to move and hold defenders with his eyes. Would sleepwalk through first half of many games. Inconsistent footwork and weight transfer caused balls to sail. Prone to emotional outbursts on field. Quality of decision-making drops off substantially when pocket becomes turbulent and he's forced to leave it. Lacks athleticism to extend plays for very long outside of the pocket. Off-the-field character and ability to lead on NFL level are his primary obstacles, according to NFL evaluators.

Really good write-up on Dan'te Fowler. "Will be much better in the pros then in college"...AFC East college national scout. HMMMM. Also, player to compare to is Kalil Mack.

Be nice to finally put a 3/4 terror OLB on this team to make our Dline unstoppable.

What would make indy pass on him? Hell if the pats can keep Mccourty and Revis, he is my #1 target

Gurley has an ACL.  He won't be running at the combine.  Who knows if he'll even be 100%  during the season.  

This year's RB's are close to what last year's WR's were.  There are a lot of good ones.   If I were a GM I would be very hesitant to give up a #1 draft pick on a player that might be damaged goods.  Especially if I might be able to get a good RB in rounds 2-4

I still think I would take the risk. if he is 100% he is worth every bit of a top ten pick and I would really hate to see him fall onto the patriots roster. if it were my team I would trade down (because I cant justify the risk at #6 overall) and grab him mid to late round 1.

Gurley has an ACL.  He won't be running at the combine.  Who knows if he'll even be 100%  during the season.  

This year's RB's are close to what last year's WR's were.  There are a lot of good ones.   If I were a GM I would be very hesitant to give up a #1 draft pick on a player that might be damaged goods.  Especially if I might be able to get a good RB in rounds 2-4

have you watched film on the top 10 rbs coming into the draft? im not saying there are no other talented ones but none of them seem to shed tackles like Gurley does. IF he can bounce back and be healthy he should be similar in talent and running style to Adrian Peterson or Lynch.

have you watched film on the top 10 rbs coming into the draft? im not saying there are no other talented ones but none of them seem to shed tackles like Gurley does. IF he can bounce back and be healthy he should be similar in talent and running style to Adrian Peterson or Lynch.

No one is arguing that IF he can come back he is an excellent RB.    But we're talking about taking a RB in the 1st round, off an ACL, with out seeing him run.

Like I said, it is very possible he will be there in the 2nd round

No one is arguing that IF he can come back he is an excellent RB.    But we're talking about taking a RB in the 1st round, off an ACL, with out seeing him run.

Like I said, it is very possible he will be there in the 2nd round

I think it will be more dependent on his physicals at the combine than if he decides to run or not, if his physicals pan out he will be taken in the first round, I don't think he winds up on our team regardless its just wishful thinking.

Seattle is taking Gurley in 1st rd, he will be Lynch's replacement and they do not need him to play in 2015

Archived