Would you sign Marshawn Lynch if possible?

Jetster

He still took some snaps in the backfield in 2014.  Anybody know how many?  Stats show 33 carries in 13 games in 2014, 22 in 8 games with the Jets.  That's between 2 and 3 per game.  I don't think I would run him out of there too much, but some for sure.  5-10 snaps per game.  Maybe more with a formation where he starts out in the backfield then motions wide.  You may be too young to remember (even I am probably a little hazy) but I was thinking Eric Metcalf with the Falcons.

The Metcalf jump cut was a thing of beauty.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just amazes me how most fans here wouldn't want this guy....At some point we need talented players and have to pay them.

Why would anyone not want to sign the best RB in football??

Lynch is overrated.

He couldn't even get into the end zone from the half-yard line to win the Super Bowl.

Just throwing it out there.

28 years old.

Jets aren't gonna win just throwing the ball, we have to protect whoever the QB is with a great running game.

Without a franchise QB you have to win with a balanced offense.

Lynch & Ivory?

It would prolong his career.

Sign Iupati...draft whichever top WR drops to 6.

Jets successful seasons have always been with a great running game & defense.

The difference in 2015 could be having a good WR core to Decker-Cooper?-Kerley-Amaro

Just curious what other Jet fans think about it though I'm just throwing it out there.

Honestly the Only way the Jets could get M Lynch was to trade for him. If Seattle ever cut him, there isn't a doubt where he would go. Hint he has it tattoo on his back.

Are you guys serious?  Why would you not want the best back in Football?

This team is devoid and talent and you're going to turn him down...We're going to have to overpay if we want to get real talent in here.

I love Ivory but they're on two very different levels.

He's not leaving Seattle anyway

Thank you!!!

Jets fans don't want HOF RBs or QBs on their team... No,,, They don't want them at any cost...

With your post I know that sanity still is on the board... so thank you again..

Probably would get it done.

Lynch just had 133 yards from LOS and a TD and what should have been a 2nd TD if the Seahawk coaches get their head out of their ass against the Patriots D.

And most Jets fans DON'T want him. Unbelievable

It is because fans with one of the WORST talent pools on the offensive side of the ball in the NFL can afford to turn away HOF talent. 

If you are a Jets fan you should be used to it by now...

Obrien is better than Marino..... Chad is better then Brady.... Kyle better than Sapp and now Ivory is as good as or better than Lynch...

No...And you can't make it up!!

So Lynch is expendable for the Seahawks based on the cap, yet you think he should be regarded as a top 10 player in the NFL from a value perspective?

You would think the Seahawks would do everything they could to lock up the guy who would have been their Super Bowl MVP if he'd punched in that final TD against the Pats instead of the Wilson INT. Seems the Seahawks, and just about everyone who has posted in this thread, have a much firmer grasp of the market value for a heavily used up 29-year old RB than you do.

The Colts waived Peyton Manning because of the cap. He isn't top 10 he's top 3.

Again, Lynch just had 130 yards from LOS and what would have been 2tds including the game winner if the coach gives him the ball facing the best patriots defense since the early 2000's.

Yup, don't want that guy he's 29

Thank you!!!

Jets fans don't want HOF RBs or QBs on their team... No,,, They don't want them at any cost...

With your post I know that sanity still is on the board... so thank you again..

No they want Matt Moore and another mediocre edge rusher in the first rd. that's obviously how you win championships baby

No they want Matt Moore and another mediocre edge rusher in the first rd. that's obviously how you win championships baby

Successful teams never draft edge rushers.  Chandler Jones, Bruce Irvin, Aaron Curry, Courtney Upshaw, Clay Matthews, Matthias Kiwanuka, Jason Pierre-Paul.  These players were not drafted by successful franchises prior to their super bowl runs.

The Colts waived Peyton Manning because of the cap. He isn't top 10 he's top 3.

Again, Lynch just had 130 yards from LOS and what would have been 2tds including the game winner if the coach gives him the ball facing the best patriots defense since the early 2000's.

Yup, don't want that guy he's 29

Glad we're in agreement.

Successful teams never draft edge rushers. Chandler Jones, Bruce Irvin, Aaron Curry, Courtney Upshaw, Clay Matthews, Matthias Kiwanuka, Jason Pierre-Paul. These players were not drafted by successful franchises prior to their super bowl runs.

Vernon Gholston, Courtney Brown, Melvin Ingram, Aaron maybin, Dion Jordan and soon to be Clowney all say hola!

Archived