Would you sign Marshawn Lynch if possible?

Jetster

Just throwing it out there.

28 years old.

Jets aren't gonna win just throwing the ball, we have to protect whoever the QB is with a great running game.

Without a franchise QB you have to win with a balanced offense.

Lynch & Ivory?

It would prolong his career.

Sign Iupati...draft whichever top WR drops to 6.

Jets successful seasons have always been with a great running game & defense.

The difference in 2015 could be having a good WR core to Decker-Cooper?-Kerley-Amaro

Just curious what other Jet fans think about it though I'm just throwing it out there.

No

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seems like a waste of money. If it isn't a long term option or a stop gap, I don't see the point in signing an older player. The reason Kearse puts up the numbers he does is because Wilson puts the ball in a really nice spot for him to make a play. You can't plug all those holes and sign lynch, unless you're talking about Babin playing OLB and Winters and Aboushi as your guards. Lynch would be great for a team with a closing window, (Broncos), not a team who is basically in rebuilding mode.

The Seahawks offense is nothing without Lynch. Wilson can't even throw to Kearse downfield unless he's single covered by a safety thanks to the defense stacking the box to stop Lynch.

If we draft Scherff theres no need to sign Iupati. Babin was effective for us last year and will be even more so if we switch to a 4-3.

They haven't offered anything but a reduction! Have you been paying attention?

He has not been offered a raise.

Because Seattle still has to make room to give Wilson a $110 million deal. They would offer Lynch a raise but they can't because of the cap.

They also have to figure out a way to keep Byron Maxwell. Richard Sherman is getting TJ surgery and reportedly Earl Thomas is out 6-8 months so they are in an impossible situation

They haven't offered anything but a reduction! Have you been paying attention?

He has not been offered a raise.

A source tells PFT that Marshawn Lynch will be getting a raise if he returns to the Seahawks in 2015.

It's become increasingly clear that the Seahawks have no intention of moving on from Lynch, arguably the best running back in the league as he enters his age-29 season. Instead, they'll have to give him more money on top of his $5M base 2015 salary and $2.5M in incentives. Previous reports said Seattle has already made a big extension offer that would "keep him in a Seahawks uniform for years to come."

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Because Seattle still has to make room to give Wilson a $110 million deal. They would offer Lynch a raise but they can't because of the cap.

They also have to figure out a way to keep Byron Maxwell. Richard Sherman is getting TJ surgery and reportedly Earl Thomas is out 6-8 months so they are in an impossible situation

GM John Schneider said the Seahawks don't know if Marshawn Lynch wants to play football in 2015.

There have been some retirement whispers around Lynch but that outcome would be a major surprise considering he's 28, playing at an elite level and is in line for a big raise. Schneider admitted Tuesday that if Lynch does want to play next season, it will be at a different salary than the $5M he's scheduled for. It's obvious now that the Seahawks have placed a high priority on Lynch and do not want to move forward with Robert Turbin/Christine Michael next season.

Source: Bob Condotta on Twitter

GM John Schneider said the Seahawks don't know if Marshawn Lynch wants to play football in 2015.

There have been some retirement whispers around Lynch but that outcome would be a major surprise considering he's 28, playing at an elite level and is in line for a big raise. Schneider admitted Tuesday that if Lynch does want to play next season, it will be at a different salary than the $5M he's scheduled for. It's obvious now that the Seahawks have placed a high priority on Lynch and do not want to move forward with Robert Turbin/Christine Michael next season.

Source: Bob Condotta on Twitter

Lynch is trying to get a pay day. The guy is as money hungry as they come ever wonder why he is always with a bag of skittles in front of him wearing apparel with his own personal logo on it. The guy does commercials here in Seattle for local businesses.

I love people who actually buy the media narrative that lynch does this just cuz. The man wants to get paid and he's not retiring.

Lynch is trying to get a pay day. The guy is as money hungry as they come ever wonder why he is always with a bag of skittles in front of him wearing apparel with his own personal logo on it. The guy does commercials here in Seattle for local businesses.

I love people who actually buy the media narrative that lynch does this just cuz. The man wants to get paid and he's not retiring.

Seattles already offered him more $$$ , he's under contract and they're not going to cut him.. So my question to the OP remains- how do you see Lynch ending up on the Jets in 2015? We might as well start a thread on Rodgers or Calvin Johnson coming here.

Yes. Period. Anyone who disagrees should stop being a Jet fan. 3-4 year deal is fine.

What ????  DId you watch the Jets last year - their run game was fine with Ivory.  Plus Wilson is what makes that offense go in Sea, the threat of the read option allows Lynch much more space to run then he would have otherwise. Who's our QB to run the read option - Geno :puke2:

Seattles already offered him more $$$ , he's under contract and they're not going to cut him.. So my question to the OP remains- how do you see Lynch ending up on the Jets in 2015? We might as well start a thread on Rodgers or Calvin Johnson coming here.

Seattle saves $7 mil against the cap if they cut him. They are desperate to lock up Wilson and have been grooming Christine Michael to replace Lynch.

Lynch already sat out last years TC and is reportedly upset with the coaching staff for not giving him the ball on the 15 inch line with 3 downs 1 timeout to go.

Seattle saves $7 mil against the cap if they cut him. They are desperate to lock up Wilson and have been grooming Christine Michael to replace Lynch.

Lynch already sat out last years TC and is reportedly upset with the coaching staff for not giving him the ball on the 15 inch line with 3 downs 1 timeout to go.

Welcome to the conventional thought of October 2014.

Since the season ended, however, Seattle had made a push to extend Lynch with a bigger contract. Who knows.. Maybe it gives them cap flexibility in 2015 by doing so, but the bottom line is they are not planning on cutting him and giving the job to Michaels like previously thought.

He's either getting a pay day or is retiring according to every report from the past week.

What ????  DId you watch the Jets last year - their run game was fine with Ivory.  Plus Wilson is what makes that offense go in Sea, the threat of the read option allows Lynch much more space to run then he would have otherwise. Who's our QB to run the read option - Geno :puke2:

Ivory stunk last year...especially over the second half of the season. I'm begging the Jets to finally draft a back this year.

Why pay a 29 year old RB who runs the way he does, upwards of 10 mil a year for 3 or 4 years, while the Jets have glaring holes at QB,WR,OL,OLB,ILB,CB,S? I'm not saying to not upgrade the RB position because I'm one of the few on this board that isn't content with Ivory and Powell. But do it through the draft. Don't blow a load on an old RB who's a clown and has considered retirement.

Why are you saying it will take that much to sign him? There is no team in the league that would give him that deal. Denver and Indy would do it for one year, Indy maybe 2.

And what do you mean he is a clown.

Why are you saying it will take that much to sign him? There is no team in the league that would give him that deal. Denver and Indy would do it for one year, Indy maybe 2.

I'm sure he's looking for an AP deal. You're kidding about the clown part right? He's 28 and talking about retirement, the not talking to the media, the grabbing his crotch thing

I'm sure he's looking for an AP deal. You're kidding about the clown part right? He's 28 and talking about retirement, the not talking to the media, the grabbing his crotch thing

Absolutely NOTHING wrong with talking about retirement at 28 or not talking to the media.

Crotch grabbing was dumb.

I'm always apprehensive at giving an older running back that last big contract. If we had a QB, and were primed to make a run, then hell yeah I'd sign him.  

But we're rebuilding and we have no QB.  As good as he is, at his age he won't last long enough make much of a difference for us.

He eats skittles and doesn't say nice things to people in the media. The same uninteresting hack reporters who live to bash the jets and jets fans

sign him for 2 years 20 million

Probably would get it done.

Lynch just had 133 yards from LOS and a TD and what should have been a 2nd TD if the Seahawk coaches get their head out of their ass against the Patriots D.

And most Jets fans DON'T want him. Unbelievable

It doesn't help when the box is stacked defending the run. Opening up the offense makes Ivory look a lot more like Lynch .

Ivory isnt nearly as versatile as Lynch is....if Ivory could play in the pass game then maybe you could have that convo. RB is a huge need for this team. 

So Lynch is expendable for the Seahawks based on the cap, yet you think he should be regarded as a top 10 player in the NFL from a value perspective?

You would think the Seahawks would do everything they could to lock up the guy who would have been their Super Bowl MVP if he'd punched in that final TD against the Pats instead of the Wilson INT.  Seems the Seahawks, and just about everyone who has posted in this thread, have a much firmer grasp of the market value for a heavily used up 29-year old RB than you do.

Ivory isnt nearly as versatile as Lynch is....if Ivory could play in the pass game then maybe you could have that convo. RB is a huge need for this team. 

I certainly don't feel RB is a huge need. We have Ivory and Powell and then Richardson on the PS. I believe we end up signing Spilller in FA to replace CJ2K. QB. LB, CB , OL are all bigger needs.

I certainly don't feel RB is a huge need. We have Ivory and Powell and then Richardson on the PS. I believe we end up signing Spilller in FA to replace CJ2K. QB. LB, CB , OL are all bigger needs.

No Powell.  He is an unrestricted FA.  Under contract they have Ivory, Johnson and Richardson, plus Bohanon at FB.  IMO if they keep him, they could use Harvin in the slash/Spiller backfield role if they want a back to catch, though I doubt he is much for blitz pickup.  Then they could draft or pick up a more traditional back.

Probably would get it done.

Lynch just had 133 yards from LOS and a TD and what should have been a 2nd TD if the Seahawk coaches get their head out of their ass against the Patriots D.

And most Jets fans DON'T want him. Unbelievable

It just amazes me how most fans here wouldn't want this guy....At some point we need talented players and have to pay them.

Why would anyone not want to sign the best RB in football??

No Powell. He is an unrestricted FA. Under contract they have Ivory, Johnson and Richardson, plus Bohanon at FB. IMO if they keep him, they could use Harvin in the slash/Spiller backfield role if they want a back to catch, though I doubt he is much for blitz pickup. Then they could draft or pick up a more traditional back.

That would be ideal for Harvin but he doesn't want to be anything other than a WR.

That would be ideal for Harvin but he doesn't want to be anything other than a WR.

He still took some snaps in the backfield in 2014.  Anybody know how many?  Stats show 33 carries in 13 games in 2014, 22 in 8 games with the Jets.  That's between 2 and 3 per game.  I don't think I would run him out of there too much, but some for sure.  5-10 snaps per game.  Maybe more with a formation where he starts out in the backfield then motions wide.  You may be too young to remember (even I am probably a little hazy) but I was thinking Eric Metcalf with the Falcons.

Archived