Ray Rice

joewilly12

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he would be the 3rd best back on the team

I'd say at minimum he'd be the 2nd best RB on this team given that he'd be the best pass catching RB on this team by FAR. I'd rather have Rice on the field with 3rd and 7 than Ivory, and I think you would too after thinking about that. 

Let's see.

A) He last played two years ago.

B) He f*cking sucked two years ago,

C) He will bring with him a media circus.

2 years ago Rice sucked, but I'd put much of that on Baltimore's offensive line. Baltimore ranked 32nd in run blocking which as you know is dead last. I think its safe to say that his offensive line had something to do with his production on the field. 

I'd say at minimum he'd be the 2nd best RB on this team given that he'd be the best pass catching RB on this team by FAR. I'd rather have Rice on the field with 3rd and 7 than Ivory, and I think you would too after thinking about that. 

2 years ago Rice sucked, but I'd put much of that on Baltimore's offensive line. Baltimore ranked 32nd in run blocking which as you know is dead last. I think its safe to say that his offensive line had something to do with his production on the field. 

yeah but

he also played on a team with a legit passing game to draw the safety out of the box.  he's old, washed up and radioactive.  you sign rice, you lose sponsors, simple as that

Rice sucked in 2013, well before his elevator performance on how to beat up your girl.  Why in the world would anyone want him on the Jets?  He has lost his speed, cuts poorly and is a P.R. nightmare.

I will be quite perturbed if McCags gets this bum.  Look at his stats in Baltimore in 2013 compared to 2012.  P-A-S-S

yeah but

he also played on a team with a legit passing game to draw the safety out of the box.  he's old, washed up and radioactive.  you sign rice, you lose sponsors, simple as that

Yes because the Jets have so many sponsors and all I see in magazines and on TV is Jets players endorsing products 

I thought it was about winning 

We signed Vick and what he did was way worse

Yes because the Jets have so many sponsors and all I see in magazines and on TV is Jets players endorsing products 

I thought it was about winning 

We signed Vick and what he did was way worse

If you can say with a straight face that beating up a woman is not worse than sponsoring dog fighting, you are beyond help. I truly feel for you.

If you can say with a straight face that beating up a woman is not worse than sponsoring dog fighting, you are beyond help. I truly feel for you.

Dont put words in my mouth in my OPINION Vick was a killer Ray Rice made a huge mistake in hitting his gf people make mistakes and you try and move on 

Tell me with a straight face that you never once in your life made a mistake

yeah but

Im not in business with the Jets so I'm not really worried about sponsorships, though I'd say that the Jets signed Michael Vick and was perfectly fine and we all know that you can spit on, then K.O. your wife on an elevator and the public at-large will forgive that before they ever forgive you for killing a dog...which is a damn shame yet is unfortunately true.

Im not sure if he's old or washed up, what I do know is that in 2013 the Ravens was the worst rush blocking team in the national football league. I also know that Ray Rice today is a top 5 receiving RB which is what we will need if Gailey is implementing a spread offense. And because of Rice history he'll be cheap so I dont see a situation here where we lose. You can spend 2 to 3 million dollars on a guy who is a top 5 receiving RB and could be a better runner behind a respectable line. 

As for the radioactive comment, he could be, but the entire league are filled with ego maniacs and we just had Percy Harvin on this football team and he wasnt knocking out fellow teammates and acting a damn fool. 

Im not in business with the Jets so I'm not really worried about sponsorships, though I'd say that the Jets signed Michael Vick and was perfectly fine and we all know that you can spit on, then K.O. your wife on an elevator and the public at-large will forgive that before they ever forgiving you for killing a dog...which is a damn shame yet is unfortunately true.

Im not sure if he's old or washed up, what I do know is that in 2013 the Ravens was the worst rush blocking team in the national football league. I also know that Ray Rice today is a top 5 receiving RB which is what we will need if Gailey is implementing a spread offense. And because of Rice history he'll be cheap so I dont see a situation here where we lose. You can spend 2 to 3 million dollars on a guy who is a top 5 receiving RB and could be a better runner behind a respectable line. 

As for the radioactive comment, he could be, but the entire league are filled with ego maniacs and we just had Percy Harvin on this football team and he wasnt knocking out fellow teammates and acting a damn fool. 

Great post

The hate some members of this board have for players is beyond imaginable no one here knows any of them personally but they spew hate day in and day out over menial issues for the most part. 

These people must be angels who do no wrong in their lives and are good at judging others 

I stand by what I always say the night the Jets win the Super Bowl there will be members here complaining about something

Dont put words in my mouth in my OPINION Vick was a killer Ray Rice made a huge mistake in hitting his gf people make mistakes and you try and move on 

Tell me with a straight face that you never once in your life made a mistake

You're seeing a whole team of shrinks, aren't you?

Im not in business with the Jets so I'm not really worried about sponsorships, though I'd say that the Jets signed Michael Vick and was perfectly fine and we all know that you can spit on, then K.O. your wife on an elevator and the public at-large will forgive that before they ever forgive you for killing a dog...which is a damn shame yet is unfortunately true.

rice is the most radioactive player on the planet, and it's not even close

Great post

The hate some members of this board have for players is beyond imaginable no one here knows any of them personally but they spew hate day in and day out over menial issues for the most part. 

These people must be angels who do no wrong in their lives and are good at judging others 

I stand by what I always say the night the Jets win the Super Bowl there will be members here complaining about something

wait

you're actually serious about the jets signing rice ?  like in real world reality ?

apparently, you choose to ignore that Rice was utterly useless in 2013.  Sucked sucked sucked.  And 2 years later he's going to back to his youthful self?  Come on, man...  use your brain a little when posting here.  Rice sucks both on and off the field.

Great post

I stand by what I always say the night the Jets win the Super Bowl there will be members here complaining about something.

Thanks.

I can't explain it either to be honest. Football is just football to me. I love watching the game but I dont get too caught up in the personal life of others the way the media would like me to. The problem that Ray Rice had needs to be dealt with within his family unit and I feel that it needs to be respected as such. Im not saying not to take into account what happened, of course you do. I wouldnt draft Dorial Beckham because I think that he is a ticking time bomb, but that would be more of a team decision than it is constantly being a critic of him. I dont get that feeling with Rice. I feel like he messed up and he's handling it. And as you said, the criticism can get ridiculous. I can respect a man that can bounce back from a bad decision, and I feel that if people are really that touched by an incident then they need to be a support mechanism in order for a positive change to occur. The overblown criticism of people is nothing more than unjust judging. 

Archived