The QB cryers

Jetster

I honestly don't think anyone would say that.

What they would say is they perceive a superior option as either continuing development of who they already have (the "just one more year" defense) where your existing bad QB may be better than a newly signed JAG or risky draft pick OR signing/drafting an alternative player to the player being discussed (the "Don't draft THAT Guy, Sign THIS guy" defense).

No one, and I stress no one, says "it's ok we suck, I prefer not to try and improve at all at QB till the next Manning is available".

Plenty of comments here with "that guys will never get us to a SB so why go get him?" substance. That's what I'm referring to.

Goes along with the "why improve (defense, O line, WR, RB, TE) we will never get to the SB until we have a franchise QB?" comments.

Only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time. Add a bunch of incremental improvements together and maybe you have something. Besides a competent/average QB can develop your skill players so maybe when/if you find "the guy" he isn't starting with bottom barrel talent around him.

There are a lot of fans on this site that pan any ideas regarding the QB.

I don't get it. Don't you realize the GM is working with the cards he's been dealt?

Some of you think there is QB hiding under a rock somewhere & they just haven't found him,lol.

The QBs available are all there is.

McCown? OMG NO!

Hoyer? OMG NO!

Bradford? OMG NO!

Sanchez? OMG NO!

Trade for Foles? OMG NO!

Locker? OMG NO!

Draft Winston? What r u CRAZY!

Draft Mariota? I'm not waiting that long!

It's a joke! I seriously don't understand why some people that post here even watch this team. Just do something else, rake your lawn, spend Sundays with your kids.

It's a f*cking game! such miserable bastards.

Really...knock your fellow posters...

Nice.

Jetster loves some Geno Smith.

Thats what this topic is about.   He can't figure out why everyone does not love Geno and want him as the QB next year.

Well Jetster, Geno Smith sucks donkey balls.  Thats why only a few posters want him to have any chance and almost everyone wants him gone!!

So we all try to come up with alternatives.

I don't get it. Don't you realize the GM is working with the cards he's been dealt?

Some of you think there is QB hiding under a rock somewhere & they just haven't found him,lol.

McCown? OMG NO!

Hoyer? OMG NO!

Bradford? OMG NO!

Sanchez? OMG NO!

Trade for Foles? OMG NO!

Locker? OMG NO!

It's a joke! I seriously don't understand why some people that post here even watch this team. Just do something else, rake your lawn, spend Sundays with your kids.

Bradford , Foles , or Hoyer plus Mariota {or any another QB prospect in draft that Mack likes) are my favorite options...

Not all of us are miserable bastard know it alls... :winking0001:

McCown? OMG NO!

Hoyer? OMG NO!

Bradford? OMG NO!

Sanchez? OMG NO!

Trade for Foles? OMG NO!

Locker? OMG NO!

Im just glad you didnt mention Glennon given thats the guy we should be getting! :-)

meh.. sometimes it better when the QB has the decency to just flame out rather then holding a franchise hostage for 7 years with tantalizing glimpses of just above mediocre sandwiched by terrible play and a curling that goes no further then single road playoff game upset .. see Pennington

He's still only 38 and should be well rested and 100% healed up. You should totally make the call for Mac.

Jetster loves some Geno Smith.

Thats what this topic is about.   He can't figure out why everyone does not love Geno and want him as the QB next year.

Well Jetster, Geno Smith sucks donkey balls.  Thats why only a few posters want him to have any chance and almost everyone wants him gone!!

So we all try to come up with alternatives.

Actually, Geno frustrates the sh*t out of me but when I look at who's available I find it hard to imagine they could beat him out for the starting job. Personally I think Rex Ryan sucks the confidence right out of these QBs.

What was that sh*t he pulled in the home game vs Miami?

F*cking moron of a head coach! One f*cking playaction call would probably have won that game but our idiot coach was trying to prove a point or whatever? Even Steve Young was completely perplexed with what was going on. Speaking of Steve Young he says it takes at LEAST 3 years to become a competent NFL QB, and at least 5 to master the position.

No one was held accountable under Ryan.

Let's see how the new regime handles the position, I can guarantee you that Bowles isn't handing the QB job to anyone.

I could see Hoyer in here competing. I do like the idea of trading with the Eagles if that's a possibity & acquiring Foles.

I watched some Eagles games before Foles got hurt & their Oline was atrocious, Foles was running for his life on every other snap.

Could be some truth to Kelly wanting Mariota for the simple reason that he can make up for bad line play with his feet, similar to Russell Wilson.

But, I'm very excited about Bowles, the new GM, Terry Bradway finally gone, fixing our secondary, Bowles "Big Nickel" defense.

We have the Dline depth & talent to put FASTER players behind them & protect them so they can run & make plays.

I do think Chan Gailey can help out the offense & if we end up with a Cooper or White, CJ Spiller, maybe Iupati we could get into the league midrange on offense.

What we really need on offense is skill players that HELP OUT THE QB by making some great plays! Decker was awesome that last game. Geno had a lot of picks where the receiver didn't FIGHT for the ball!

Look at the Super Bowl & the catches that Vareen made! Huge 3rd down one handed catches, shoelace catches, 11 of them! How many times last year did Geno put the ball right on the hands of, Decker, Amaro, CJ2 & Ivory only to have them drop it? Too many, it's unacceptable in pro football, you guys know that credo, "if you get 2 hands on the ball, you should catch it" PERIOD, no excuses.

Geno needs some help too.

It's funny how everyone who talks about the Jets says they have very little talent, yet those same people expect a young guy like Geno that came from a spread offense, was thrown into the fire too soon & to carry the offense on his back like he's a 5 year vet.

Does he do stupid sh*t? Yes!

But I don't care who was playing for Miami in that last game, he tore them a new azzhole, had a PERFECT QB rating and threw some absolutely beautiful throws in that game. I'm not ready to throw Geno in the trash like some other fans on this site.

I doubt Bowles is either.

Archived