Most Underrated Pass Rushing Prospect

LAD_Brooklyn

Eli Harold, DE, Virgina

6'3, 250 lbs, 33" arm length

Combine Result

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/eli-harold?id=2552494

-Todd McShay (Feb 25 mock)

This is a reach in that Harold is only the No. 37 player on our board, but the Cardinals need to improve their pass rush and six have already gone off the board in this scenario. Also, Harold flashed elite physical tools that speak to his upside at the next level with his combine workout, putting up excellent numbers in the three drills most predictive of success for pass-rushers -- the 40-yard dash, the 10-yard split and short shuttle -- delivering excellent results of 4.6, 1.56 and 4.16, respectively. Arizona could also look to address the D-line, inside linebacker and running back positions this offseason.

----------------

There is a reason they don't have corners playing OLB. The guy is not very strong and there are doubts about his ability to bulk up

Bulk up to what? some of the best 3-4 OLB's in the NFL have been around 6'2" or 6'3" and 250. He's actually perfect size. And, yeah, I've read the analysis of his "playing strength." As a second round prospect, he's someone to definitely consider. Multiple strengths, including excellent bend.

Nate Orchard Utah

Who grades lower than Harold in almost every regard and is also questionable regarding aggressiveness, which can be a killer for a pass-rusher. Not even arguing for Harold as a must pick or anything, but you'd have to make the argument as to why Orchard is superior to Harold, not just throw his name out. If you look at every top OLB prospect, you're going to find deficits. From Fowler and Gregory on down. Doesn't mean we shouldn't pick one, but none of them is a perfect specimen at this stage.

It's definitely Dupree. His workout was nothing short of historic, and all people are talking about is motor and effort and love of the game and whatever the **** else.

It is really annoying. That workout very arguably made him the safest pick in this draft, and not enough people get that.

What is really starting to grind my gears is this elevation of Fowler for his versatility. Dupree played LBer in college! He notched something like 7 more sacks than Fowler in the same amount of time as a starter!

It is really annoying. That workout very arguably made him the safest pick in this draft, and not enough people get that.

What is really starting to grind my gears is this elevation of Fowler for his versatility. Dupree played LBer in college! He notched something like 7 more sacks than Fowler in the same amount of time as a starter!

Fowler's intensity tho

Seems like an awesome year for OLB/DE pass rushers. The CB group seems weaker than usual (besides Waynes check out the 40's collectively). Safety and ILB seems its typical average meh. The DT's appear to be abnormally large and quick. 

Seems like a better year for interior lineman vs. OTs? TE class weak. WR group has all the buzz (but feels like they're being overrated due to a weak draft class as a whole). RBs solid per usual but nothing too special and QB extremely weak in depth and sure fire talent. 

Basically yaaaay for you if you have needs along a 34 Front 7...

If Mariota is gone and Gregory is available I think the Jets should take him. I know he is undersized, but the guy "wants it" and speed and agility like he has are hard to find. He is no weakling either with 22 reps at the combine bench press. Corner back is another option - to infuse youth into a middle aged secondary - but the Jets would probably trade down a few spots for Waynes

great call. But medicals will probably keep him out of rd 1 

I believe you're right, though there's a super slight possibility that he could sneak into the end of round 1. Im 99% sure that he's going in the 2nd round. Tearing your ACL twice isn't pretty, but doing so then playing 2 years straight at a high level, racking up more sacks than any other player in college in that timespan while being able to support in pass coverage could mean that the ACL isn't an issue. 

Dude is just smart and super consistent. In his last 27 games there were just 4 games where he didnt register a sack. Thats just special right there. For 2 years straight he basically guaranteed you a quarterback sack, and this is a guy that wasnt just a rusher like a Vic Beasley, There had him out in zone coverage on many passing plays. If every top pass rusher was on the board at #6 and the Jets decided to pass or trade down just to get Kikaha in the 2nd, I would call that a winning decision. 

I watched a lot of tape on him & I just don't see it... To me Fowler has more 

Honestly, out of the top tier guys (Fowler, Gregory, Ray, Beasley, Dupree in no order) hard to believe, most likely, 3 are probably gonna bust. They're all really good prospects. I guess if we draw on their negatives....Beasley/Ray could be one trick ponies, Fowler not overly explosive(jmo), Gregory not overly explosive, long, somewhat skinny lower body with history of some knee issues, Dupree only solid production in a taylor made scheme.

If I had to pick, I guess, Gregory looks like the most potential to bust...but he also probably has the highest "ceiling".

Personally I'd have to say Fowler is prrrrrobably the safest? To me, take away all the white noise, he's the best straight up football player. IMO. 

My favorites for the Jets are still probably Beasley and Dupree though.

It's a tough call.  

Honestly, out of the top tier guys (Fowler, Gregory, Ray, Beasley, Dupree in no order) hard to believe, most likely, 3 are probably gonna bust. They're all really good prospects. I guess if we draw on their negatives....Beasley/Ray could be one trick ponies, Fowler not overly explosive(jmo), Gregory not overly explosive, long, somewhat skinny lower body with history of some knee issues, Dupree only solid production in a taylor made scheme.

If I had to pick, I guess, Gregory looks like the most potential to bust...but he also probably has the highest "ceiling".

Personally I'd have to say Fowler is prrrrrobably the safest? To me, take away all the white noise, he's the best straight up football player. IMO. 

It's a tough call.  

I agree, not all are going to be standouts but I see Fowler, Ray & maybe Gregory... Fowler has a great motor as does Ray & Gregory is quick off the ball as is Ray.  I think if the jets were to trade down say with Cleveland & get their 1st pick hopefully one of those guys will still be there although I doubt it. If Beasley were to fall to them I would be semi okay with  it except that Clemson players never really impress me in the NFL.

It's a tough call.

Think it's incredibly tough. A lot of talented guys who have different skillsets and flaws. Fowler is your low floor guy with a solid overall game but he's not explosive like the other guys. I like his game, but I think there is the risk of him not being as big a playmaker as some of these other rushers.

Dupree is probably a defensive head coaches dream since he's got an incredible physical skillset, but I don't always feel like he plays nearly as fast or as physical on rushes as he should. He is a very good tackler though. I'm warming up to him more because of his combine performance.

Just tough, you can make an argument to take like 5 guys for the same position at 6 which i feel is pretty rare in a draft.

there's a guy named Max Valles, also from UVA he's even more underrated. Harold is a borderline 1/2 at this point. Valles could go 5/6/7 and develop into a real player.

Agreed, and actually prefer Valles in that range to Harold. Edmund Robinson is another guy for the 6/7 range.

Archived