Jets sign another free agent offensive lineman- Hilliard of Lions

faba

Veteran T Corey Hilliard Joins Jets OL

Posted 26 minutes ago

Randy Lange Editor-in-Chief, newyorkjets.com@rlangejets Blog: Randy's Radar

•  
Undrafted FA Has Played 6 Seasons with Colts & Lions

The Jets have signed unrestricted free agent Corey Hilliard, an offensive tackle who has played for Indianapolis and Detroit in his six NFL seasons.

Hilliard (6'6", 300) entered the NFL out of Oklahoma State as a sixth-round selection (209th overall) by New England in the 2007 draft. He was a final cut of the Patriots that summer and began the first phase of his pro career with the Colts, for whom he played five games (no starts) in 2007-08.

He was released by the Colts and the Browns in '09 before being signed to the Lions practice squad. Then he played the past five seasons for Detroit, appearing in 42 games with 12 starts — five at right tackle in 2010, five more at RT in 2013, and his last two starts as a blocking TE in the last two games in '13.

Hilliard's 2014 season ended painfully when he sustained a Lisfranc foot injury and torn ligaments in the Lions' Monday night season opener against the Giants. But he received props from his teammates for playing through most of the second half after suffering the injury.

"I've never felt that kind of pain in my foot," Hilliard told detroitlions.com last year. "As soon as it happened, I knew it wasn't good." But he added that after the Lions had already lost T LaAdrian Waddle to a calf injury in the first half of that game, "we really didn't have a choice. ... so I just tried to get into the way of guys."

"That's tough. That's a warrior right there," said C Dominic Raiola. "I don't think anyone realizes how hard it is to play through injuries, especially that injury, unless you see someone do it or hear about it."

"It was pretty inspiring for him to play," QB Matt Stafford said.

Hilliard spent the last 15 games of last season on injured reserve but didn't need surgery.

Veteran T Corey Hilliard Joins Jets OL

Posted 26 minutes ago

Randy Lange Editor-in-Chief, newyorkjets.com@rlangejets Blog: Randy's Radar

•  
Undrafted FA Has Played 6 Seasons with Colts & Lions

The Jets have signed unrestricted free agent Corey Hilliard, an offensive tackle who has played for Indianapolis and Detroit in his six NFL seasons.

Hilliard (6'6", 300) entered the NFL out of Oklahoma State as a sixth-round selection (209th overall) by New England in the 2007 draft. He was a final cut of the Patriots that summer and began the first phase of his pro career with the Colts, for whom he played five games (no starts) in 2007-08.

He was released by the Colts and the Browns in '09 before being signed to the Lions practice squad. Then he played the past five seasons for Detroit, appearing in 42 games with 12 starts — five at right tackle in 2010, five more at RT in 2013, and his last two starts as a blocking TE in the last two games in '13.

Hilliard's 2014 season ended painfully when he sustained a Lisfranc foot injury and torn ligaments in the Lions' Monday night season opener against the Giants. But he received props from his teammates for playing through most of the second half after suffering the injury.

"I've never felt that kind of pain in my foot," Hilliard told detroitlions.com last year. "As soon as it happened, I knew it wasn't good." But he added that after the Lions had already lost T LaAdrian Waddle to a calf injury in the first half of that game, "we really didn't have a choice. ... so I just tried to get into the way of guys."

"That's tough. That's a warrior right there," said C Dominic Raiola. "I don't think anyone realizes how hard it is to play through injuries, especially that injury, unless you see someone do it or hear about it."

"It was pretty inspiring for him to play," QB Matt Stafford said.

Hilliard spent the last 15 games of last season on injured reserve but didn't need surgery.

Damn that's pretty tough stuff right there.

More then roll over, he pitched the ball to a defender. LOL

The guy wonders why he's still unsigned

I was at that game (vs SF), my first and only home Jets game I've attended so far. Talk about brutal.....only the 45-3 Monday night game in Foxboro back in 2010 topped that for games I've attended in person.

Hoping the next time I can attend a home game we'll get a better outcome.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Could any of this lead to giocomini being let go?

LOL. NO.

I know that as Jets fans we're not used to having NFL experienced backups on our OL, but welcome to the new regime.

Man.  Jets fans really didn't like Breno.  I was not super impressed, but he was okay.  I'd like to upgrade, but he isn't getting cut.  Breno is making $5M this year and if we cut him we are still paying over $4M.  We have to upgrade from Ben Ijalana before Giacomini gets cut.

I was at that game (vs SF), my first and only home Jets game I've attended so far. Talk about brutal.....only the 45-3 Monday night game in Foxboro back in 2010 topped that for games I've attended in person.

Hoping the next time I can attend a home game we'll get a better outcome.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Maybe you should stay away :)

Cute kid BTW

Archived