TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

Thanks. Oh, the Pats suck! 😅

Truer words were never spoken.  I stayed up for that $hitshow in the hopes Drake would play.  Sherwood gave him his welcome to the NFL moment. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Is The Batman worth a watch?

Other people LOVED it, I did not. It was just alright by my measure. I didn’t like the dark rainy aesthetic and the more uhhh keyed down villains. Say what you want about Hollywood super hero slop I love the bad guys and all the crazy powers and over the top acting. Arnold as Mr Freeze will always be a favorite of mine for example. Most comments I saw online liked how it was toned down and allowed Batman to be more of a detective rather than a super hero. The guy who played Batman did fine though imo.

Overall I wouldn’t go out of my way to see it if you haven’t but it wasn’t bad or anything. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bicketybam said:

So I need to watch it to get what's going on in Penguin?

Nah not that I noticed. Although if you’re not familiar with Batman’s more “normal” enemies rather than the super villains names like Falcone or Maroni might be unfamiliar but all you have to know is they’re just Gotham crime families.

• Upvote 2

On 9/20/2024 at 12:02 PM, bicketybam said:

Is The Batman worth a watch?

Some of it is really, really good. It bogs down a bit later in the movie, but I enjoyed the heck out of it. I will say that while it's not my favorite Batman movie (The Dark Knight is just ridiculously good imo), it may be my favorite portrayal of Batman the "Vigilante Detective" that has ever been done. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/20/2024 at 6:05 PM, Nolder said:

Nah not that I noticed. Although if you’re not familiar with Batman’s more “normal” enemies rather than the super villains names like Falcone or Maroni might be unfamiliar but all you have to know is they’re just Gotham crime families.

I prefer the concept of Batman as a Vigilante Detective in a real-world type city, not just punching clowns and dudes in costumes in fistfights. I'm not a "Comic book guy", but I do know that the first few Batman stories, he was a killer that carried a .45 pistol as part of his gear. The Batman setting remined me of "Seven", a dark rainy city.. and while I found the reveal of the antagonist to be underwhelming, it's in my Top-2 Batman Movies (Behind The Dark Knight). 

21 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I prefer the concept of Batman as a Vigilante Detective in a real-world type city, not just punching clowns and dudes in costumes in fistfights. I'm not a "Comic book guy", but I do know that the first few Batman stories, he was a killer that carried a .45 pistol as part of his gear. The Batman setting remined me of "Seven", a dark rainy city.. and while I found the reveal of the antagonist to be underwhelming, it's in my Top-2 Batman Movies (Behind The Dark Knight). 

I’m not a comics guy either. I think I’ve read exactly one comic in my life and maybe a couple graphic novels. But yeah I’m kind of the opposite. While I can appreciate that Batman can be (and some may argue should be) a more grounded character fighting crime in his city rather than a superhero fighting villains and their henchman. I get that perspective but from mine, I’d rather just watch something like Law & Order or whatever if I want to watch criminals getting busted. For me Batman is far more interesting when you learn into the supernatural and sometimes wacky aspects of that world and the characters. For example that Batman/Cthulhu movie that came out recently ish was right up my alley.

• Upvote 1

On 8/27/2024 at 8:28 PM, doitny said:

just got hooked on "From". season 1 is still on Amazon for a few days then its MGM plus. season 3 starts Sept 28.

same guys who created "Lost" did this and you will know why when you watch it.. 

I started this last night. I'm up to the 4th episode. I'm enjoying it so far but I find it a bit slow. I'm hoping the pacing picks up as the season progresses.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

I started this last night. I'm up to the 4th episode. I'm enjoying it so far but I find it a bit slow. I'm hoping the pacing picks up as the season progresses.

its kinda like "Lost" so if you liked that you should like this. i think the pace might be the same.

plus the lead guy is from "Lost and he is so good. he plays a really good tough guy. alot of nice girls to look at to help you get by those slow episodes..lol

1 hour ago, doitny said:

its kinda like "Lost" so if you liked that you should like this. i think the pace might be the same.

plus the lead guy is from "Lost and he is so good. he plays a really good tough guy. alot of nice girls to look at to help you get by those slow episodes..lol

I actually liked Lost and I can definitely see the similarities.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I actually liked Lost and I can definitely see the similarities.

i watched season 1 of From from Amazon when it was suggested for me, i was so hooked i signed up for MGM to see season 2 instead of waiting a month for Season 3 to come out so not to waste my free 7 days.

because of watching From and seeing Michael from Lost so much i started watching Lost  again..lol i am up to season 5. 

Lost is so good.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/24/2024 at 2:44 PM, doitny said:

i watched season 1 of From from Amazon when it was suggested for me, i was so hooked i signed up for MGM to see season 2 instead of waiting a month for Season 3 to come out so not to waste my free 7 days.

because of watching From and seeing Michael from Lost so much i started watching Lost  again..lol i am up to season 5. 

Lost is so good.

At the end of season 1 they find out where these things are during the day. Why didn't they just go there and torch the place? I would have definitely tried to go on the offensive at that point.

I'm up to season 2, episode 5. Need answers!

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

At the end of season 1 they find out where these things are during the day. Why didn't they just go there and torch the place? I would have definitely tried to go on the offensive at that point.

I'm up to season 2, episode 5. Need answers!

because this show does what every show does, the characters dont tell each other what they know cause if they did the show would be over in one season.

the only one who knows is the "hot mom" and the crazy guy know body will listen to. now maybe if she told Boyd then maybe he would do that. but he is another one who doesnt share with anyone what he knows.

just like "Lost' where John Locke knew about the hatch for weeks and told no one. 

its addicting right? i couldnt wait for season 2.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, peebag said:

First two episodes of "The Old Man" are turning out better than expected

Season 2?

I might circle back to that one.  I made it halfway through season 1.  I enjoyed it, but it seemed like every episode had a plot twist. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, doitny said:

because this show does what every show does, the characters dont tell each other what they know cause if they did the show would be over in one season.

the only one who knows is the "hot mom" and the crazy guy know body will listen to. now maybe if she told Boyd then maybe he would do that. but he is another one who doesnt share with anyone what he knows.

just like "Lost' where John Locke knew about the hatch for weeks and told no one. 

its addicting right? i couldnt wait for season 2.

Finished the second season. I like the show, but in my opinion it's not as good as Lost was its first two seasons. There are a lot of similarities between the two, that's for sure. To me it's like a combination of Lost and It. The evil presence in season 2 definitely had It vibes. Did you ever read the book, It, or see the movies?

6 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Finished the second season. I like the show, but in my opinion it's not as good as Lost was its first two seasons. There are a lot of similarities between the two, that's for sure. To me it's like a combination of Lost and It. The evil presence in season 2 definitely had It vibes. Did you ever read the book, It, or see the movies?

i seen the movies.  i dont remember the original but the remakes were great.

• Upvote 1

On 9/26/2024 at 10:56 AM, peebag said:

First two episodes of "The Old Man" are turning out better than expected

the last 3 episodes of the first season were alot a lot better than expected.  Basically salvaged it, because the first 5 weren't cutting it.  But I tend to enjoy and will watch anything with John Lithgow.   Haven't started season 2.