Jets Season Ticket Holder Conf Call

Maxman

These calls are kinda pointless because it's the same question asked 4 times over & the same vanilla answers of BPA.

Seems like MacCags is willing to trade out if the price is right.

They are dead-pan guys who won't give away the company's vault code.

These calls are kinda pointless because it's the same question asked 4 times over & the same vanilla answers of BPA.

Seems like MacCags is willing to trade out if the price is right.

They are dead-pan guys who won't give away the company's vault code.

Its a call to give the fans an opportunity to ask questions but of course your not going to get anything that hasn't already been reported by the media.  At this point I would be asking about adjusting to life in NY/NJ and just getting to know them better.  What's your favorite movie?  Insignificant yes, but not as frustrating as hearing what we already know.

They made it quite clear that the draft philosophy will be BPA.

Is that a safe answer?  If not then we could be looking at Cooper if available at #6  

Obviously their BPA could have most of the LB's better rated than a WR.

I liked his answer on the QB. They want a competition with Geno, Fitz, Simms and they hope to bring in someone else to compete. They will play the best player.

How in the world does Matt Simms continue to hold on to this 3rd string spot?

This dude must come off as being a future coach in the study room or something. 

Lol, besides establishing a "connection" between the fans and management, these things are useless.  It makes the season ticket holders feel special, because they got to ask questions directly, and for all the vitrol thrown around here, almost always the questions are as tame as you can get.  I expect nothing but standard answers that we already knew about before from these things, because it makes no sense for them to divulge information to the public about their plans.   

Remember when Idzik came aboard, the key words were always competition, BPA, and more competition.  Everyone reacted like all the other GMs were going out there saying "Eh, I think Imma just wing it with the draft, pick the weirdest name, and call it a day".   Whoever they pick, they are going to say it's was the best player available.  

I liked his answer on the QB. They want a competition with Geno, Fitz, Simms and they hope to bring in someone else to compete. They will play the best player.

Only useful piece of info during call, the rest was a waste of time.

Geno is a 2nd round pick on a rookie contract with a team that has no current answer at QB. I understand Geno's reason. Now you tell me Simms. 

Simms cares enough to prepare in the film room, know what time to arrive, not point fingers, not sulk on the bench like some gangsta version of Kordell Stewart, have body language like a self-hating, unmotivated, schlep. 

I dont know if I answered what you asked of me, but I believe Simms is better than Geno and geno should be third string. I really dont care about draft position or salary. 

I'm just glad Simms got a mention.  I still am on the Matt Simms bandwagon.  Possibly this new regime will actually give him a chance (assuming we don't draft or trade for a QB).

I'm just glad Simms got a mention.  I still am on the Matt Simms bandwagon.  Possibly this new regime will actually give him a chance (assuming we don't draft or trade for a QB).

I really don't have a problem with him as the # 3. But I want competition at every spot. So if they can't bring in someone else to compete with Geno \ Ryan as the possible starter, that would probably mean the losers are 2nd and 3rd string. If they don't bring anyone in that is one that level, then I hope they bring in someone to compete with just Simms for the 3rd spot.

Competition at every position. Competition at every level.  That is what they need.

Simms cares enough to prepare in the film room, know what time to arrive, not point fingers, not sulk on the bench like some gangsta version of Kordell Stewart, have body language like a self-hating, unmotivated, schlep. 

I dont know if I answered what you asked of me, but I believe Simms is better than Geno and geno should be third string. I really dont care about draft position or salary. 

Not really. Everything you said was basically opinion or perspective based on nothing really tangible. All of these guys pretty much care enough to prepare in the film room. Know what time to arrive is less of a point for Simms and more of a shot at Geno getting the times confused on the west coast. Sulking on the bench like a gangsta Kordell Stewart Simms could never do "obviously", he'd have to have something in common, like being a "starter". Having bad body language and being an unmotivated schlep????

All you did was talk about Geno Smith. Totally read through those lines. Please, give me something that Matt Simms does that is actually relevant and tangible. Im not saying that I even have to agree, but give me something outside of indirect shots on Geno Smith and whatever gangsta you're talking about. I wasnt sure if it was either Vick or Geno, but given the "gangsta" and Kordell Stewart comparison I know it was definitely Geno or Vick you were talking about.  I just never associated Geno as a Gangsta or showing any gangsta mannerisms so that one is a bit confusing. Never thought of Vick as a gangsta as well, but maybe you're talking about his dog fighting, but even so, I never seen him sulk on the bench. Either way, when both Geno and Vick were playing poorly Rex basically chuckled on an interview when asked could Simms possibly start. 

That's f'ing embarrassing. 

I really don't have a problem with him as the # 3. But I want competition at every spot. So if they can't bring in someone else to compete with Geno \ Ryan as the possible starter, that would probably mean the losers are 2nd and 3rd string. If they don't bring anyone in that is one that level, then I hope they bring in someone to compete with just Simms for the 3rd spot.

Competition at every position. Competition at every level.  That is what they need.

Fair enough but I'm not pigeon-holing Simms as our #3 QB.  I'm hoping he gets a shot to compete for our #1 spot.  I might be way off on him but he's got a good arm, good mobility, good decisiveness, and outstanding pedigree. I've been hoping the past couple of years that he'd get his Wally Pipp moment.  It came close but unfortunately it didn't happen.

Not really. Everything you said was basically opinion or perspective based on nothing really tangible. All of these guys pretty much care enough to prepare in the film room. Know what time to arrive is less of a point for Simms and more of a shot at Geno getting the times confused on the west coast. Sulking on the bench like a gangsta Kordell Stewart Simms could never do "obviously", he'd have to have something in common, like being a "starter". Having bad body language and being an unmotivated schlep????

All you did was talk about Geno Smith. Totally read through those lines. Please, give me something that Matt Simms does that is actually relevant and tangible. Im not saying that I even have to agree, but give me something outside of indirect shots on Geno Smith and whatever gangsta you're talking about. I wasnt sure if it was either Vick or Geno, but given the "gangsta" and Kordell Stewart comparison I know it was definitely Geno or Vick you were talking about.  I just never associated Geno as a Gangsta or showing any gangsta mannerisms so that one is a bit confusing. Never thought of Vick as a gangsta as well, but maybe you're talking about his dog fighting, but even so, I never seen him sulk on the bench. Either way, when both Geno and Vick were playing poorly Rex basically chuckled on an interview when asked could Simms possibly start. 

That's f'ing embarrassing. 

Being laughed at by Rex isnt like being laughed at by Bill Walsh. 

From what I have seen on the field and the sideline, I believe Simms is better than Geno. Im not going out on a limb by saying that. 

Being laughed at by Rex isnt like being laughed at by Bill Walsh. 

From what I have seen on the field and the sideline, I believe Simms is better than Geno. Im not going out on a limb by saying that. 

Im not saying that you're going out on a limb, well....you are going out on a limb but its not a bad thing. I can respect a man who has the balls to say that he'd prefer a guy who's attempted 39 passes and has completed 49% of them in his career, that has always been a 3rd stringer who has never beaten out a 2nd stringer for their job to be "the guy". 

It takes mavericks to change the world brother, so I wouldnt hate on you like that. I even had to re-evaluate my position on Chip Kelly and realize that its the people willing to break every f'ing rule that usually get what they're looking for. 

Thanks for answering my question. 

Not really, given that Geno is doing much better than that. 

No, he's not. He's a turnover machine that doesn't prepare and is thin-skinned..not exactly NFL QB material.

And he's had much more than 39 pass attempts to prove otherwise. 

Archived