Question for the board

Tinstar

Never saw Powell play, but it seems it's congruent to Brick.

Solid Cornerstones that are not League ELite, but MORE THAN sufficient for us. 

#4 overall - Brick has been, and still is, a HUGHE STONE in the foundation that this team has had in terms of success. 

How would you folks compare the careers of ;

Marvin Powell

Brick Ferguson

Powell was a 5 time pro bowler and a 3 time All Pro. Brick made 3 Pro Bowls so far.. One thing they had in common they were both the 4th pick in the first rd in their draft years..

Powell was a 5 time pro bowler and a 3 time All Pro. Brick made 3 Pro Bowls so far.. One thing they had in common they were both the 4th pick in the first rd in their draft years..

Come on Savage I expected you and a few others to give me more than stats.  These 2 guys don't compare at all and you know it..

too bad that Chris Ward was so terrible for so long during powells career. I don't remember how many Wesley walker tds were called back due to "holding number 72 offense" but it seemed like there were a lot

What I admire about Powell and even more so with old timers like Winston Hill is that they held up when the rules for defensive linemen were outrageous. Guys like Hill had to go up against dudes like Ben Davidson and Buck Buchanon, who were probably taping scrap metal to their forearms and then head slapping the opposing lineman...

After this season, Brick will have been the starting left tackle for a decade. The franchise hasn't even had to think about anyone else for a skill position for 10 years. If that's not worth a high 1st I don't know what is.

100%

After this season, Brick will have been the starting left tackle for a decade. The franchise hasn't even had to think about anyone else for a skill position for 10 years. If that's not worth a high 1st I don't know what is.

I remember your good good friend Sar calling him d bust after the jets drafted him because he wanted leinart in the 06 draft.

Jets have always seemed to have really good centers, too. John Schmitt in the 60's, Joe Fields in the 80's, Mawae in the late 90's and now Mangold.

We've also had great RTs, WFH leading the pack.

I remember your good good friend Sar calling him d bust after the jets drafted him because he wanted leinart in the 06 draft.

90% of the Jets fan wanted Leinart. Did he eventually bone Britney?

Never saw Powell play, but it seems it's congruent to Brick.

Solid Cornerstones that are not League ELite, but MORE THAN sufficient for us. 

#4 overall - Brick has been, and still is, a HUGHE STONE in the foundation that this team has had in terms of success. 

I did, Powell was excellent. After Winston Hill, I'd say he was the best OT the Jets had. Brick has been a very solid veteran, certainly well-above average, but he and Powell shouldn't be in the same conversation IMO. To give you an idea of just how good Powell was; two of his 3 nods for All-Pro First Team were alongside arguably the greatest OT to play the game, fellow Trojan Anthony Munoz. 

too bad that Chris Ward was so terrible for so long during powells career. I don't remember how many Wesley walker tds were called back due to "holding number 72 offense" but it seemed like there were a lot

The road grader had sticky hands from all that tar.. :winking0001:

Archived