•••••The Official 2015 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD•••••

Ghost

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barely going to recognize this team on the field

Thats for sure, just look at our aquisitions vs. our losses.

We're going to cut ALOT of people, and most of them may end up being the holdovers from previous regimes.

Competition is thick and heavy at literally every position now.

Overall a nice draft. Only pick I disagree with is Smith over DGB in rd 2 but I still like Smith as a deep threat in the nfl. Petty I'm not crazy about but I prefer him in rd 4 over trading the farm for Mariota.

i think smith is better IMO. Plus DGB is a headcase

I think thats a solid draft if not a great draft. Leonard Williams is really a great catch for the jets

UH what?  Williams is considered a cant miss prospect, best player in the draft, in the fold of Deacon Jones HOF. That alone is mind boggling that he fell to us at #6.  Devin Smith could be the next Desean Jackson, kid is smoking fast. Mauldin is a beast, strong, good pass rusher and a good fit for us, fills a huge need.  If Petty can reach his potential, this draft could easily be the best Jet draft ever.  On top of that, we added Marshall for a 5th, traded a 7th for a productive RB in Stacey.  Also, could get a steal in guard Harrison in the 5th.  Some people are just hard to please.  

Overall a nice draft. Only pick I disagree with is Smith over DGB in rd 2 but I still like Smith as a deep threat in the nfl. Petty I'm not crazy about but I prefer him in rd 4 over trading the farm for Mariota.

Word is he's not crazy about your posts either.

Yeah I was a little disappointed about that too but Smith is more than a deep threat and I think he will get to show that in the NFL. Even still he will the best deep threat we have had since Santana Moss.   I would have preferred OT prospect instead of Petty but I am okay with it.   I liked the Mauldin pick alot and think he is going to have an immediate impact on the defense.  

4 chances at getting a player are better than 1.

Bitches be acting like Harold is LT.

According to CBS NFL Draft tracker:

Eli Harold | DE, VirginiaHeight: 6-3   Weight: 247  I am not a fan. I don´t think he´s tough enough. He will play outside in their 3-4 scheme.  Grade D

Lorenzo Mauldin | DE, LouisvilleHeight: 6-4   Weight: 259 This is the edge rusher the Jets needed to get. He has a chance to be rotation player as a rookie and maybe more his second season. Nice job.  Grade B+ 

And in the trade to drop down we got a Posey, a 5th and a 7th.   Imagine if Maccagnan was here for last year's draft.    

According to CBS NFL Draft tracker:

Eli Harold | DE, VirginiaHeight: 6-3   Weight: 247  I am not a fan. I don´t think he´s tough enough. He will play outside in their 3-4 scheme.  Grade D

Lorenzo Mauldin | DE, LouisvilleHeight: 6-4   Weight: 259 This is the edge rusher the Jets needed to get. He has a chance to be rotation player as a rookie and maybe more his second season. Nice job.  Grade B+ 

And in the trade to drop down we got a Posey, a 5th and a 7th.   Imagine if Maccagnan was here for last year's draft.    

Nice find!! I'm guilty as are many on this board.... you like a player because of everything you hear in the mock drafts.

Hope he turns out to be the BPA @ OLB for the Jets.

I like the Taiwan Jones UDFA signing as an ILB

Looks like Maccagnan stayed tight to his board, which I like. Got a lot of value with low round pick trades; Fitzpatrick, Marshall, and Stacy.

I really liked he stayed true to his board in the first round and picked the best player in this draft. Fitz was a good pickup considering he might start a majority of games for us. The draft class as a whole looks middle of the line. Which does not mean that by end of Season 3 it cannot be stellar.

Mac got a near-1000 yard NFL rusher for a seventh round pick.

With performances on a football field specially that of a RB one looks for recency. That recent season he slid down to 3rd on the depth chart. But for a 7th round pick he adds decent competition in training camp.

UH what?  Williams is considered a cant miss prospect, best player in the draft, in the fold of Deacon Jones HOF. That alone is mind boggling that he fell to us at #6.  Devin Smith could be the next Desean Jackson, kid is smoking fast. Mauldin is a beast, strong, good pass rusher and a good fit for us, fills a huge need.  If Petty can reach his potential, this draft could easily be the best Jet draft ever.  On top of that, we added Marshall for a 5th, traded a 7th for a productive RB in Stacey.  Also, could get a steal in guard Harrison in the 5th.  Some people are just hard to please.  

Well like I said williams was a fantastic pick. The other picks while I feel are solid I think there were others id have chosen ahead of them. Like how smith turn out great but its hard passing up a 6,4 WR in jalean strong. Mauldin looks good for our D seems like a really great guy I just question his athleticism which is something the jets sorely need.

All solid picks tho I may have just went a slightly different way

Archived