Conquering Hero Ryan Fitzpatrick makes gallant first appearance at OTA's, throws TD to Shaq Evans

Jetsfan80

Give it up already. Bowles did not contradict Gailey AT ALL.yesterday. In fact he said it was Geno's job to lose, that Geno would get all of the first team reps. He did say that there was an opportunity for competition but he does not expect Geno to lose his place. This is nothing like the ridiculous competitions that we had under Rex, and the media will do everything in their power to bash Geno and praise the other QBs to create a QB story. Nothing to see here. Fitz is not starting. More possibility of Bryce starting than the person who was told he was brought in as backup and mentor.

He's doing a fine job showing why he should lose it so far.  But maybe he'll show progress!  Yay!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's doing a fine job showing why he should lose it so far.  But maybe he'll show progress!  Yay!

Don't worry if he does show progress, the retort will be let's see what happens in real games. Then if it happens in real games it will be let's see what happens against a good defense,

Bottom line those who predict Geno will fail are anxiously awaiting that first pick-6 so they can start their see Fitz should be the starter campaign. 

Conquering Hero wasn't your incarnation - I think that belongs to Slats. 

Nope.  I told JiF once that he should be treating Fitz like a conquering hero based on our run of terrible QB's since 2008.  He ripped on me relentlessly for that comment ever since, but I've embraced it like a badge of honor.

So Geno has dumb brains and Fitz doesn't?  Because that's the proper takeaway from this day's work.  Maybe if Geno was the one coming off the leg injury his play could be somewhat excused.  But nope.  He's just terrible.

So, conquering hero had a turnover and Geno didnt? 

Conquering hero threw a pick that the OP conviently glossed over.

And why are Bowles and Gailey not on the same page? Do they talk at all? Does Bowles pay attention to offense at all?

Who said they weren't. Chan said "RIGHT NOW, Geno's the starter." Todd Bowles said the exact same thing, but in a different way.

You're getting caught up in the media trying to get something.

Don't worry if he does show progress, the retort will be let's see what happens in real games. Then if it happens in real games it will be let's see what happens against a good defense,

Bottom line those who predict Geno will fail are anxiously awaiting that first pick-6 so they can start their see Fitz should be the starter campaign. 

He hasn't shown progress once in his career.  His rookie year we were told his final 4 games meant he'd take the next step in Year 2.  He didn't.  Same thing happened this past year.  Now look at him.  Barely able to function at the QB position.  Some guys just aren't good, and never really get better. 

Meanwhile, ever since Fitzpatrick's first year with Chan Gailey in 2010, his numbers have steadily gotten a little better each season.  That's what we call actual progress.  We haven't had a veteran, professional QB under center in so long we've forgotten what that looks like.

So Geno has dumb brains and Fitz doesn't?  Because that's the proper takeaway from this day's work.  Maybe if Geno was the one coming off the leg injury his play could be somewhat excused.  But nope.  He's just terrible.

You're trying way too hard. Not unlike your campaign to have Geno start over Sanchez a couple years ago.

Conquering Hero wasn't your incarnation - I think that belongs to Slats.

No, it doesn't. It's all JF80, with JiF making sure it's never forgotten. I have nothing to do with that particular silliness. Lol.

So, conquering hero had a turnover and Geno didnt? 

Sure.  He also had a TD.  You know, like the 17 he threw in 12 games last year, while Geno was busy throwing 13 in 14 games, turning it over like it was his job, and forgetting what the time is.

LOL!

I love you, SFJ.

I'm trying to keep these new guys off balance JC, one day I hate Geno, the next love him and hate Fitz, this way whatever happens I can be one of those guys who always writes "I TOLD YOU GUYS THAT !!!"

And what would getting a delay of game on an OTA 2 minute drill and misfiring to uncovered receivers constitute? 

We're talking lesser of 2 evils here.  That's Fitz. 

And you're just mad that Darrin Walls gave up not only a completion but a TD to Shaq Evans.  Ouch.

Geno is Geno... will never be elite or even adequate IMHO

as Jets fan I wish he would turn into Joe Montana, just dont see it

He hasn't shown progress once in his career.  His rookie year we were told his final 4 games meant he'd take the next step in Year 2.  He didn't.  Same thing happened this past year.  Now look at him.  Barely able to function at the QB position.  Some guys just aren't good, and never really get better. 

Meanwhile, ever since Fitzpatrick's first year with Chan Gailey in 2010, his numbers have steadily gotten a little better each season.  That's what we call actual progress.

So Chan Gailey took a dumpster fire in Fitz and made him mediocre, but there's no way he can do the same with Geno  ??

I would have loved to have seen Fitz's stats under Rex/MM with the boatload of offensive talent we've had here the past 4 years.  The fact that Gailey didn't come out and endorse Fitz right away should tell you all you need to know about his status on the Jets. Geno might still suck , but Fitz is not the answer to anything that is good for the team.  

Geno is Geno... will never be elite or even adequate IMHO

as Jets fan I wish he would turn into Joe Montana, just dont see it

Finally someone who knows what he's talking about.  Guys like Sanchez, Geno and Fitz are all "they are what they are" guys. The primary difference being Geno and Sanchez will always be in the lowest echelon of QB's when they're on the field, while Fitz is a couple levels up in the "below average-average" group.  Not a high ceiling but a high floor. 

For a team as loaded with talent as we have entering 2015, that is the preferred option at QB.

I'm trying to keep these new guys off balance JC, one day I hate Geno, the next love him and hate Fitz, this way whatever happens I can be one of those guys who always writes "I TOLD YOU GUYS THAT !!!"

Aha! So that's your modus operandi.

So Chan Gailey took a dumpster fire in Fitz and made him mediocre, but there's no way he can do the same with Geno  ??

I would have loved to have seen Fitz's stats under Rex/MM with the boatload of offensive talent we've had here the past 4 years.  The fact that Gailey didn't come out and endorse Fitz right away should tell you all you need to know about his status on the Jets. Geno might still suck , but Fitz is not the answer to anything that is good for the team.  

Clearly the coaching staff is trying to instill confidence in Geno so that they can have an actual competition.  But already this coaching staff is going to begin to see in person that Geno can't play the QB position in this league.  It'll make the choice to go with Fitz quite easy, as he can seamlessly step in and run Gailey's system.  The writing is on the wall for Geno. 

This is what I do not understand; If Chan can do wonders with quarterbacks, why is it assumed he can do the same with Geno?  Was anyone expecting miracles on the second day of OTAs in May?  Especially when Bowles admitted he threw every blitz package in the book at Geno yesterday?   I don't know why we can't let the thing play out in training camp and in the preseason?   You know WHEN IT ACTUALLY MEANS SOMETHING.  Anyone getting excited about OTAs (guys running around in shorts) is clueless. 

I sort of understood Villain's obsession  with Glennon as he is a prospect with some upside though I think his ceiling is significantly worse than Geno's, but your fixation on Fitz is bewildering. He sucks. 

Finally someone who knows what he's talking about.  Guys like Sanchez, Geno and Fitz are all "they are what they are" guys. The primary difference being Geno and Sanchez will always be in the lowest echelon of QB's when they're on the field, while Fitz is a couple levels up in the "below average-average" group.  Not a high ceiling but a high floor. 

For a team as loaded with talent as we have entering 2015, that is the preferred option at QB.

Because he agrees with you? lol that is too funny. 

I sort of understood Villain's obsession  with Glennon as he is a prospect with some upside though I think his ceiling is significantly worse than Geno's, but your fixation on Fitz is bewildering. He sucks. 

Drew Brees ain't walking through that door.  We have to operate with what we have.  That's where my supposed "fixation" comes from.  Throwing away the early part of the 2015 season on a guy who just doesn't get it is not preferable. 

I like it!!! 

Sure.  He also had a TD.  You know, like the 17 he threw in 12 games last year, while Geno was busy throwing 13 in 14 games, turning it over like it was his job, and forgetting what the time is.

So, just to make sure I'm understanding clearly.  Today conquering hero had a turnover and Geno didnt? 

Drew Brees ain't walking through that door.  We have to operate with what we have.  That's where my supposed "fixation" comes from.  Throwing away the early part of the 2015 season on a guy who just doesn't get it is not preferable. 

Well you may want to just relax and see what happens because odds are Geno will be under center come September, one OTA in May notwithstanding. 

Well you may want to just relax and see what happens because odds are Geno will be under center come September, one OTA in May notwithstanding. 

Odds are that would be the wrong decision.  I have more faith in the coaching staff than that.

Archived